Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of the Warrioress Gen 2 - Updated 05/30

Comments

• Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Yesterday I couldn't comment because I was at work and had only my phone and it was just... grrrrr.... :# So I'm doing it today. Well, Serkon's wedding surprised me, but in fact, he couldn't stay single forever, especially when he's a King and he needs to have a heir. I thought that Penthesilea had to feel very awkward seeing her beloved man getting married to another woman, but somehow I have a feeling that if Haimon would get married she would react even more and maybe would never allow to happen that :D Luckily, Haimon can't do that and I think he even doesn't want that :smiley:
  • Options
    ZurkaZurka Posts: 42 Member
    So. I read it all °.°
    To be honest, the one I feel really sorry for in this chapter is Serkon's wife >//< I mean. Serkon had to marry someone at some point, and for him to merely be 'the consort' of an Amazon, though queen and though she would promise to 'honour her part' looked like pretty bad for him as a King (in my opinion). That did not surprise me as much.

But his wife just seemed so... like she felt out of place. Especially in front of Penthesilea and her daughter (and with Lyta's lack of... diplomacy I'd say..). First off we can suppose she did not choose to marry Serkon, and then though she does, there is still someone to make her feel like (somehow, someway) a mere replacement for a queen that disappointed/deceived her spouse ? My, my, my. At least I hope they'll be happy together because she did not really look like she was here Y.Y
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Zurka wrote: »
    So. I read it all °.°
    To be honest, the one I feel really sorry for in this chapter is Serkon's wife >//< I mean. Serkon had to marry someone at some point, and for him to merely be 'the consort' of an Amazon, though queen and though she would promise to 'honour her part' looked like pretty bad for him as a King (in my opinion). That did not surprise me as much.

But his wife just seemed so... like she felt out of place. Especially in front of Penthesilea and her daughter (and with Lyta's lack of... diplomacy I'd say..). First off we can suppose she did not choose to marry Serkon, and then though she does, there is still someone to make her feel like (somehow, someway) a mere replacement for a queen that disappointed/deceived her spouse ? My, my, my. At least I hope they'll be happy together because she did not really look like she was here Y.Y

I do know what you mean! She did seem very uncomfortable in this chapter. Maybe she could become a friend to Penthesilea in the future, though, or with one of the other queens.
  • Options
    SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    I think it was mostly shock that he did marry someone else. I was not expecting his marriage. It was a lovely wedding, well maybe not for Serkon's wife. She had a lot to deal with, an ex-lover queen and her husband to be's daughter who doesn't seem to like her . Lyta just doesn't fully understand diplomacy. Plus she might not have been okay with this union but she might not have had a choice because it was a political marriage.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Just let me say... Love all your comments! They would've saved my day if it had been bad in the first place. :D
    Yesterday I couldn't comment because I was at work and had only my phone and it was just... grrrrr.... :# So I'm doing it today. Well, Serkon's wedding surprised me, but in fact, he couldn't stay single forever, especially when he's a King and he needs to have a heir. I thought that Penthesilea had to feel very awkward seeing her beloved man getting married to another woman, but somehow I have a feeling that if Haimon would get married she would react even more and maybe would never allow to happen that :D Luckily, Haimon can't do that and I think he even doesn't want that :smiley:

Yeah, work... I know it full well :D And I admit it was surprising although he mentioned it in the last chapter once, but there was just no way to prepare you without spoiling everything :D He's 36, it was about time.
    Penthesilea felt terribly awkward. Usually, she never has to fumble for words but she did in that situation. It was good that Vince, Briella and Lyta have been there in the beginning, it made her a bit more secure.
    Of course she wouldn't allow Haimon to marry. Why would she? You've seen how she reacted just on Zeuxippe's request. But she's vulnerable after Serkon's marriage and easy to hurt.
    Zurka wrote: »
    So. I read it all °.°

It's quite a thing to catch up in the meantime... Congrats! I appreciate all the time you and everyone else who has done this spends in reading and of course I'm very grateful to everyone who was there since the beginning.
    You're right with all your statements. Of course Serkon wouldn't ever agree too be Penthesilea's consort because he can't without losing his dignity and that wouldn't contribute to being accepted as a king. A king needs to be strong and independent in every respect. Also, I was secretly wondering why nobody has mentioned Serkon's wife so far. Was there any other way she could have felt? Certainly not. :pensive: And although her husband may be comparably kind and handsome she still hasn't chosen him (or a disapproving stepdaughter or former lover with a superior status).
    Your comment actually gave me the motivation to edit a few pictures of their wedding night. It was... special, to say the least :s
    I do know what you mean! She did seem very uncomfortable in this chapter. Maybe she could become a friend to Penthesilea in the future, though, or with one of the other queens.

Friends with Penthesilea? :o Wow, you have noble aims! I doubt Penthesilea would want to become friends with a woman who has to bow to every wish of her husband, but as you say there are quite a few other noblewomen around. She definitely won't be lonely. ;)
    I think it was mostly shock that he did marry someone else. I was not expecting his marriage. It was a lovely wedding, well maybe not for Serkon's wife. She had a lot to deal with, an ex-lover queen and her husband to be's daughter who doesn't seem to like her . Lyta just doesn't fully understand diplomacy. Plus she might not have been okay with this union but she might not have had a choice because it was a political marriage.

Hm, there could be more surprises in the future. Just sayin' ;) Serkon's wife undoubtedly didn't enjoy this. And Lyta is only ten and very blunt at that - if she has an opinion, she declare it openly. Bad luck for Serkon's bride because Lyta would prefer to see her father with her mother - naturally. Different than with her aversion against Haimon, the one against her fathers new wife isn't based on a personal level.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    I loved everything about this. The reactions, the situation, the writing, the panic... it was so well done, and I felt like I was part of the show. Great job! ;) Serkon's wife looks meek and timid, but I'm not totally convinced she is... Guess we'll see. For some reason I refuse to believe Serkon would settle for anyone that is subservient. Though it's the customs, blah blah blah, I feel he's more interested in an equal. He seemed to rather enjoy the dynamic of being with an Amazon while with one, so I'm not sure this marriage will have lasting happiness. I suppose I'll find out. I wouldn't be surprised if he took mistresses, trying to find someone that matched his will... or challenged it. Maybe that's all in my head... but.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I loved everything about this. The reactions, the situation, the writing, the panic... it was so well done, and I felt like I was part of the show. Great job! ;) Serkon's wife looks meek and timid, but I'm not totally convinced she is... Guess we'll see. For some reason I refuse to believe Serkon would settle for anyone that is subservient. Though it's the customs, blah blah blah, I feel he's more interested in an equal. He seemed to rather enjoy the dynamic of being with an Amazon while with one, so I'm not sure this marriage will have lasting happiness. I suppose I'll find out. I wouldn't be surprised if he took mistresses, trying to find someone that matched his will... or challenged it. Maybe that's all in my head... but.

Aw, thank you. That means much to me <3 And I'm glad I could entertain you so much!
    Serkon's wife is rather calm and meek but that's exactly the qualities he needs in a marriage. After all, he wouldn't be able to reign properly if someone like Penthesilea constantly criticized his ways (or if he had to worry that she'd seduce other ones' slaves :D ). No seriously, he needs a bit of steadiness in his life and Leukippe (that's her name) can provide that as well as influence him a bit with her calmer ways.
    You might be terribly right about the mistresses :sweat:

Now for all, I've edited the pictures from their wedding night/Kaletor's birth. It was quite... eventful :D That's what you get for letting sims follow their whims.
    First Charon of Arythion broke his pose and walked in on them... Leukippe complained but Serkon didn't seem to be interested. Please ignore that frightening nightwear hairstyle of his that I have totally forgotten
    2j5bcl4.png

I'd be so afraid if my husband looked at me like that after I gave birth to his son
    5zp7iq.png

Leukippe can certainly defend herself against Serkon! "This is your fault!"
    afjbrb.png

Apparently, old Evandros likes to sniff young beautiful womens' chins (???) in front of their legal husbands
    98f2qh.png

But Leukippe can handle him, too and shows him who she belongs to B)
    2ege14h.png
    Post edited by MrsRacooney on
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    @MrsRacooney Serkon has a crown?! (I'm not on my phone anymore :D ) I know he's a king but that's something we haven't really seen yet.

He has! :smiley: But just like the other leaders, he will only wear it on fiests or other important formal occasions. For everyday use it's too impractical, especially for him who spends most of his time training. :D

So why not that day with Lyta? He not consider that important enough.. :D
  • Options
    HA! Those images are great! :D I actually like him with that nightwear hair... Maybe his son can wear it!
  • Options
    ZurkaZurka Posts: 42 Member
    The pictures XD - Oh my, thanks for sharing them. I laughed. And Serkon's face - ! x')
    Also, I agree with @allysimbuilds to be honest !
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney Serkon has a crown?! (I'm not on my phone anymore :D ) I know he's a king but that's something we haven't really seen yet.

He has! :smiley: But just like the other leaders, he will only wear it on fiests or other important formal occasions. For everyday use it's too impractical, especially for him who spends most of his time training. :D

What, you expect him to ruin his precious crown by romping with his wild daughter? O.o Cruel you!

@allysimbuilds They really cracked me up while the shoot... :D And you haven't even seen all stalkers! Hm, I'll go ingame and try the hair on Kaletor. But since it's Lyta's too it might look weird to see them together :s

@Zurka Not very kingly, that face, huh? :D Well, if everyone likes this hairstyle, I'll figure out what to do with it
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options

What, you expect him to ruin his precious crown by romping with his wild daughter? O.o Cruel you!

@allysimbuilds They really cracked me up while the shoot... :D And you haven't even seen all stalkers! Hm, I'll go ingame and try the hair on Kaletor. But since it's Lyta's too it might look weird to see them together :s

@Zurka Not very kingly, that face, huh? :D Well, if everyone likes this hairstyle, I'll figure out what to do with it

I mean that ceremony with Lyta (I can't remember what it was called). Surely that's important. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2017

I mean that ceremony with Lyta (I can't remember what it was called). Surely that's important. :D

If you remember, Serkon missed the real ceremony out and didn't turn up but later. Plus the kings have the agreement that only the one for whom it's the most important event (like Serkon as the groom) will wear his crown and the others don't to make it special for him and to honor him. Only for the most significant occasion everyone will wear their crowns and we will have such an event in one of the next chapters. :) Btw Penthesilea doesn't have a crown yet. She's too poor but at least she can afford appropriate shoes for her women now :D
    But your objection was really good! :smiley:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options

If you remember, Serkon missed the real ceremony out and didn't turn up but later. Plus the kings have the agreement that only the one for whom it's the most important event (like Serkon as the groom) will wear his crown and the others don't to make it special for him and to honor him. Only for the most significant occasion everyone will wear their crowns and we will have such an event in one of the next chapters. :) Btw Penthesilea doesn't have a crown yet. She's too poor but at least she can afford appropriate shoes for her women now :D

Ahh, well you never brought that up! I wouldn't know that, think I missed that meeting. :D Looking forward to it. Poor Penthesilia (literally), well at least she can model some shoes!
  • Options

Ahh, well you never brought that up! I wouldn't know that, think I missed that meeting. :D Looking forward to it. Poor Penthesilia (literally), well at least she can model some shoes!

Haha, no you didn't miss anything. ;) The agreement is part of the culture I created in my head and doesn't actually exist in the story because it took place before Penthesilea arrived. You couldn't know.
    I'm not sure if she's fine with modeling shoes but she can try anyway. Not much choice left for her, huh? :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options

Haha, no you didn't miss anything. ;) The agreement is part of the culture I created in my head and doesn't actually exist in the story because it took place before Penthesilea arrived. You couldn't know.
    I'm not sure if she's fine with modeling shoes but she can try anyway. Not much choice left for her, huh? :D

I was joking. :D I know I didn't miss it. Yep, not much else she can wear. I would offer for Vince to loan her some money to get a crown but she seems like she wouldn't take it because Vince is a male. Although, even if he was female it's still unlikely.
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    edited November 2017
    Commenting to get notified and to express how impressed I am of your story and writing talent!

If only I could fast forward the time to read more chapters and see how all these tribes developed. Oh well, patience.... patience. XD
  • Options
    I was joking. :D I know I didn't miss it. Yep, not much else she can wear. I would offer for Vince to loan her some money to get a crown but she seems like she wouldn't take it because Vince is a male. Although, even if he was female it's still unlikely.

Yes, even in the unlikely case that Vince was female ( :D ) she would still refuse to take it. She's too terribly proud.
    Commenting to get notified and to express how impressed I am of your story and writing talent!

If only I could fast forward the time to read more chapters and see how all these tribes developed. Oh well, patience.... patience. XD

Thank you very much! You really flatter me. :# I'm far from perfect but I do try hard to do my best. And don't worry, nobody who steps out of the shadow of silent reading will be forgotten. ;)
    The next two chapters are already written but still need a lot of screenshotting and maybe even posemaking. One will be a time jump so you'll see at least a bit of development. You'll need that patience, though. Uni is hard on my writing :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    *checks back daily for updates due to addiction*
  • Options

Oh same

• Options

Oh same

Patience, MrsRacooney will finish it soon enough. I've learnt to just go with the flow with most simlit.
  • Options

Oh same

Patience, MrsRacooney will finish it soon enough. I've learnt to just go with the flow with most simlit.

Also same! Like, I check my notifications each day, but I know updates fit in around the creator, not the other way around
  • Options
    @allysimbuilds @lilypadmeulin @Bugsie2016 You guys are simply awesome! *group hug!* <3 Luv u!
    Just like @Bugsie2016 stated, I'm going with inspiration, with when I have fun (and time :D ). After your positive reactions to the last chapter and a cold hit me, I had lots and lots of all three conditions :joy: So you can expect the next update in two days or if I have the actual time tomorrow. Take it as a gift for you ;)
    And until then... Another gift. Sometimes it's just crazy what situations arise when you try to manage a shoot :joy:
    2lkscb6.png
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    WHO IS THIS BLOND MAN AND THOSE ADORABLE LITTLE BOYS
  • Options
    Well, gosh. I didn't get you anything... ;)