Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

old thread

Comments

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    @ChampandGirlie They're some great pet matches you've made! They all seem to really suit the premades. :) That's odd! My pet wasn't at all scared or developed any fears after the vets - though he didn't have a shot/neuter so maybe those are the keys.. He was pretty bummed about wearing a cone tho'! At least it makes sense for a cat to be afraid of the shower - put my cat (IRL) in ear shot of any water and she's gone like a bullet! :D

You have a good point. I've never known a real cat that actually liked the shower. I've seen cats who liked drinking dripping water from a faucet but not showers or baths. I'll probably find out more about other phobias as I play them more. Maybe there are things that I should be doing to work through their fears, I don't know.

I've been switching households regularly as I add more pets into the game. I probably have 20 or 25 households so there are many opportunities for pets (though not all houses will get them; Elsa Bjergsen is a single doctor working long hours so she's an example of someone who won't get a pet unless her lifestyle changes).
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    @ChampandGirlie Yeah, I don't think there's much you can do for a pet's fears or getting over them I think (but I'm not sure!) - Though somebody said one of theirs just disappeared by itself so maybe they get used to things? Yeah I play much alike to you, don't like putting pets in unrealistic scenarios - My only sim with a pet so far in Irving and Sarg, and that's because he's a stay at home artist so has a lot of time to walk him and train him.

Also, Sarg just had bathtime.. He's not very happy. Irving better go give him some kisses.

0IUaBjh.png
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    My main family has an Australian Shepard named Pepper and a black cat named Simon. Pepper is a playful girl that's obsessed with her ball and fears nothing yet. Simon is an aloof cat that's obsessed with the roomba(?) and fears the TV.
  • Options
    ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    [quote="Rumpelstiltskin;d-929861"]

My sim Irving's boxer dog named Sarg' (Sgt. Chalky) is terrified of the bath tub. Every time Irving has a bath he shivers and pants and cowers, it's so bad he has to go and sulk in the living room for a while after to calm down! I'm not sure whether it's the bath tub, or the sight of poor Irving nude in it that's truly scaring him. :D [/quote]

One of my dogs is actually obsessed with bathtubs, at least I think that is what he's doing. He runs between the two bathtubs in the house and tries to play with them, so adorable and silly :D
    Other dog is afraid of the stove, poor thing... I don't know what she's obsessed with, but she follows my toddler around all the time, it's so sweet.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    I have a household with two cats and one of them loves the Roomba and rides it all the time, while the other is afraid of it. It's comedic to see the one cat flipping out while the other casually and effortlessly rides after him. =D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    @ravel Haha, opposite of poor lil Sargie. That sounds pretty cute!

@LiELF :D A truly evil cat, I like it!
  • Options
    Being obsessed with the TV it appears Sarg's favourite film is Superkids: Cortex Catastrophe.. So Irving begrudgingly puts it on once a week for the tail wags.

CGNK0yd.png

A howling affair, even.. Though being a gentleman artist who delves in red nectar drinking, scandalous affairs and tense chess games, Irving's not so amused by this childish nonsense..
    yI1ncDM.png
  • Options
    kellyyrxkellyyrx Posts: 8 New Member
    one of my dogs is scared of the TV and the other i think is scared of the dish washer
  • Options
    That1Guy352That1Guy352 Posts: 43 Member
    My cats are afriad of the TV and computer I dont know what their obsession is yet but it seems theyre obsessed with each other lol always cuddling together. somehow my cat got pregnant without me telling them to! so weird.. idk if thats spose to happen but yes they love being with each other
  • Options
    kellyyrxkellyyrx Posts: 8 New Member
    > @That1Guy352 said:
    > My cats are afriad of the TV and computer I dont know what their obsession is yet but it seems theyre obsessed with each other lol always cuddling together. somehow my cat got pregnant without me telling them to! so weird.. idk if thats spose to happen but yes they love being with each other

that is very cute :). are cats easier to deal with than dogs?. i have 7 dogs and issue im having is walking a short walk still takes a long time and cant seem to walk them at same time needs to be one by one takes up more or less my sims day.
  • Options
    @kellyyrx that's a whole lot of dogs. much like real life cats require a lot less work! I'm sticking to 1-2 dogs maximum for my sims, or maybe more if they're small/couch potato dogs that would realistically require less walking.
    While my sim has 1 larger dog he gets one medium/long walk a day. Time management is a lot easier then.
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Both my dogs, Buddy and Darnell, are scared of the toilet. Buddy loves the bathtubs though.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Neither of my sim pets (a cat and a dog) have any fears. The cat is obsessed with the refrigerator, but all that means is it will sit in front of the refrigerator on occasion with a refrigerator thought bubble. The dog isn't obsessed with anything, aside from maybe sleep (she's a couch potato). Actually, the couch potato trait is fun -- my sim has to drag her around the block when he jogs. It reminds me of my RL dog.
  • Options
    @tobumon You should revel in that bathtub love.
    For Irving and Sergeant.. Well.. Bathtub chaos ensued.

pKKqYqo.png
  • Options
    Felicity wrote: »
    Neither of my sim pets (a cat and a dog) have any fears. The cat is obsessed with the refrigerator, but all that means is it will sit in front of the refrigerator on occasion with a refrigerator thought bubble. The dog isn't obsessed with anything, aside from maybe sleep (she's a couch potato). Actually, the couch potato trait is fun -- my sim has to drag her around the block when he jogs. It reminds me of my RL dog.

:D Wish my real dog was a couch potato too, she drags me around, for miles.
  • Options
    That1Guy352That1Guy352 Posts: 43 Member
    @kellyyrx I havent tried dogs yet but cats...they can be a little handful I clean the kitty litter constantly I feel like... but I guess I rather that than to have to keep walking a dog! Idk how my cat got pregnant I didnt want her to because my cats irl dont have any kittens together since they are both fixed, so I spayed and Neutered them right away (wish i knew that was a option earlier) l dont want to have a house full of just pets and cleaning more of those kitty litters ...lol
  • Options
    TaliferinaTaliferina Posts: 46 Member
    > @Rumpelstiltskin said:
    > @tobumon You should revel in that bathtub love.
    > For Irving and Sergeant.. Well.. Bathtub chaos ensued.

The zzz's underwater in the bathtub... Please tell me Irving's all right :o
    0sCPiZh.png
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Gumi: scared of flushing toilet and obsessed with I-don't-know-yet

Hersheys: scared of flushing toilet and obsessed with both the computer and the coffee pot.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    My cat is obsessed with the fire. Not the fireplace, the fire. She will lay and watch it even though her icon has turned red. I put the fire out she starts to go for the food bowl, I light it and she turns right back around to lay in front of it without eating.
  • Options
    Rae357 wrote: »
    My cat is obsessed with the fire. Not the fireplace, the fire. She will lay and watch it even though her icon has turned red. I put the fire out she starts to go for the food bowl, I light it and she turns right back around to lay in front of it without eating.

That’s pretty disabling! I think the cat on my sisters save also has this, she also had a kitten that kept jumping onto things she couldn’t get down from though..
  • Options
    PoppyRichardsPoppyRichards Posts: 1,466 Member
    Tully the Siberian husky (whose Sim parents are the hunky Michael de Monterey and Emily Fields from PLL :tongue: ) hates the TV and loves the toilet!!
    2dl3asp.jpg
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    My cat is afraid of the toilet and the TV, but he loves it when someone plays the guitar. He's got the Talkative trait.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    My 4 cats eleven, barb, Steve Harrington and Nancy (clearly a stranger things fan) are all scared of the tv. One is obsessed with the fireplace and is always watching it, one is obsessed with the fridge and some of them don't like the dishwasher <3
  • Options
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    My cat is afraid of the toilet and the TV, but he loves it when someone plays the guitar. He's got the Talkative trait.

Aw does he sing along? I havent actually tried that myself yet, sounds cuuuute!

@TrixieLoca Hehe, a good show at least. Maybe they're scared that faceless alien thing might come out of the TV. :D
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »

Aw does he sing along? I havent actually tried that myself yet, sounds cuuuute!

@TrixieLoca Hehe, a good show at least. Maybe they're scared that faceless alien thing might come out of the TV. :D

He does sing along. It's similar to asking him to sing for you. I forget the name of the command but you get the idea.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee