Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you sell a vet clinic, does it keep its star rating? If a sim moves out, do they keep the clinic?

My young adult sim is about to move out of her parents house (Her parents own the vet clinic). I don't want to control the parents anymore but I also want the young adult sim to run the clinic and keep the rating I worked so hard for. Also, who does the clinic stay with if my sim moves out? So MANY questions, If anyone knows the answer It would mean a lot of you could share what you know.

Comments

• Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    My understanding is that retail lots, restaurants and clinics STAY with the existing primary household rather than the one being split off. My understanding is that Restaurants lose their perk points when sold (not sure about stars) so to my knowledge The best way to transfer the clinic to the daughter with everything intact would be to write down how much money the family has, then go to manage household - split the PARENTS off into a new household (this will give them 20k). Then go back to manage worlds, select the family home that now only has the child in it, have her move and SELL the furniture (oerwose house will be empty when you go back). At this point it doesn't matter where you move them, you can always move them again after, this is just to get her out of the families house - if you have a specific idea of how much money you want her to have this can be fixed with cheats in a minute. Still in manage worlds, open the cheat window. Type testingcheats on. Then type freerealestate on. Now move the parents back into the family home. Select them and go into live mode. Open the cheat window. Type testing cheats on. Then type money $ - but replace the dollar sign with the actual amount of money they had - dollar sign isn't part of the cheat it is just a place holder. Then go back to manage worlds. Now select the child's household, and go into live mode. If you moved her to the lot you wanted her on, great, you just repeat the money cheat process to lower her funds to where you wanted them, and you are good to go! If not then cheat her funds to an amount you want and then move her where you wanted to with realistic funds.
    Hopefully someone who knows better than I do has an easier process, but this is the way I did it with a restaurant.
  • Options
    KyliesswartzKyliesswartz Posts: 225 Member
    SkyeChimes wrote: »
    My understanding is that retail lots, restaurants and clinics STAY with the existing primary household rather than the one being split off. My understanding is that Restaurants lose their perk points when sold (not sure about stars) so to my knowledge The best way to transfer the clinic to the daughter with everything intact would be to write down how much money the family has, then go to manage household - split the PARENTS off into a new household (this will give them 20k). Then go back to manage worlds, select the family home that now only has the child in it, have her move and SELL the furniture (oerwose house will be empty when you go back). At this point it doesn't matter where you move them, you can always move them again after, this is just to get her out of the families house - if you have a specific idea of how much money you want her to have this can be fixed with cheats in a minute. Still in manage worlds, open the cheat window. Type testingcheats on. Then type freerealestate on. Now move the parents back into the family home. Select them and go into live mode. Open the cheat window. Type testing cheats on. Then type money $ - but replace the dollar sign with the actual amount of money they had - dollar sign isn't part of the cheat it is just a place holder. Then go back to manage worlds. Now select the child's household, and go into live mode. If you moved her to the lot you wanted her on, great, you just repeat the money cheat process to lower her funds to where you wanted them, and you are good to go! If not then cheat her funds to an amount you want and then move her where you wanted to with realistic funds.
    Hopefully someone who knows better than I do has an easier process, but this is the way I did it with a restaurant.

This is so helpful, thank you! I will definitely be using this tip.