Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WELCOME TO THE TRIBE: Tribe-Based Reading Circle - ALL GAMES INVITED!

Comments

• Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Just a few simple questions because this is the first reading circle I'm in and will probably stay the only one :# Lack of time is cruel...
    When do we know it's saturday night? We're probably at time zones with huge differences.
    Do we have a banner? Does anyone plan to make one?
    And the most important one... May I post raccoon gifs here from time to time? :D That's of extremely high importance!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    Welcome! You're in!

Oh, and before we get started on Saturday night, I'd like for @lilypadmeulin to think of some open-ended questions to ask readers.

He he he... Good that I already know all the stories so far. Less catching up. That's good, that's very good... >:) For my time plan.

@Meggles @roseinblack69 I have no idea if you guys would like to join in here or if you have the time for it, but I'll just inform you ;)

Thanks for inviting me, @MrsRacooney < 3 It would be great to join such special reading circle, but I can't promise that I'll be always active :neutral:

Glad to have you aboard. Oh, I understand completely about not always being active, too. Sometimes life can be hectic. :blush:

Yep... And I'm writing more stories, especially I am so into my newest story “Nexir, forgotten King“, but surely I will write new chapters about the Blessing Moon tribe, too. It will be a honor to me to join your reading circle and I will try to be active as much as it will be possible :)
  • Options
    Welcome! You're in!

Oh, and before we get started on Saturday night, I'd like for @lilypadmeulin to think of some open-ended questions to ask readers.

He he he... Good that I already know all the stories so far. Less catching up. That's good, that's very good... >:) For my time plan.

@Meggles @roseinblack69 I have no idea if you guys would like to join in here or if you have the time for it, but I'll just inform you ;)

Thanks for inviting me, @MrsRacooney < 3 It would be great to join such special reading circle, but I can't promise that I'll be always active :neutral:

Glad to have you aboard. Oh, I understand completely about not always being active, too. Sometimes life can be hectic. :blush:

Yep... And I'm writing more stories, especially I am so into my newest story “Nexir, forgotten King“, but surely I will write new chapters about the Blessing Moon tribe, too. It will be a honor to me to join your reading circle and I will try to be active as much as it will be possible :)

I'll force you when a certain someone has appeard in DoW >:) Just because reasons
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Just a few simple questions because this is the first reading circle I'm in and will probably stay the only one :# Lack of time is cruel...
    When do we know it's saturday night? We're probably at time zones with huge differences.
    Do we have a banner? Does anyone plan to make one?
    And the most important one... May I post raccoon gifs here from time to time? :D That's of extremely high importance!

Um, let's see... I'm in the Eastern US timezone. And I probably won't be posting until after dark...how about this: If it's your turn, it's Saturday, and it's after dark, go ahead and post your questions.

Also, I didn't know that we needed a banner! Does anyone have any ideas?

Raccoon gifs are definitely welcome, too!
  • Options
    SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    So I have some questions. When it is a writer's turn on their Saturday, do they have to ask questions too? What types of questions should be asked? Second if on a Saturday, someone is busy in the evening would it be possible to post in the day time on that Saturday? This is my first reading circle so I am not sure!

For the banner maybe one of everyone's founding amazon or tribe leader?
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Oops! Just got the tag for this....

Okay, so here are some questions for people!

1. What's been a favourite moment so far?
    2. Anything you'd like to see in the future?
    3. Do you think Molpe is a good leader?
    4. Do you have a favourite character?
    5. Was there anything you would have changed?
    6. Any helpful critique?
  • Options
    @15aewar No idea if we need a banner but having one would be nice, wouldn't it? Like a welcome fitting the title of the thread ;) And my idea so far would have been the same as @PheonixWolfNinja 's.
    @lilypadmeulin What? Is it saturday already? :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Whoa, great idea!!! <3

However, I am UNRELIABLE. I would love to just be a part of the happy community when I can. :)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    Meggles wrote: »
    Whoa, great idea!!! <3

However, I am UNRELIABLE. I would love to just be a part of the happy community when I can. :)

Sounds great! Feel free to chime in at any time!
    @15aewar No idea if we need a banner but having one would be nice, wouldn't it? Like a welcome fitting the title of the thread ;) And my idea so far would have been the same as @PheonixWolfNinja 's.

Well, then I'd better get myself a founder, too! :lol:
    @MrsRacooney oops ><;

Well, I appreciate the enthusiasm! It'll give me some time to think things over before then.
    So I have some questions. When it is a writer's turn on their Saturday, do they have to ask questions too? What types of questions should be asked? Second if on a Saturday, someone is busy in the evening would it be possible to post in the day time on that Saturday? This is my first reading circle so I am not sure!

Posting in the day time works, too! I only made it Saturday evening because I'm going to be gone most Saturdays. (Saturday is board game and no technology day.)
  • Options
    I won't be updating before Saturday, just to say.
  • Options

I don't know when I'll update my story about the Blessing Moon tribe, but I will someday :)
  • Options

Excellent!

I don't know when I'll update my story about the Blessing Moon tribe, but I will someday :)

That's alright - it just means more time to catch up.
  • Options

Excellent!

That's alright - it just means more time to catch up.

Yeah, that's true, because I already write about 3rd generation :)
  • Options
    @roseinblack69 @Meggles Yey! Group hug!

You better :D But be careful creating her since you'll spend a lot of time with her. Penthesilea drove me almost mad at times
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @roseinblack69 @Meggles Yey! Group hug!

You better :D But be careful creating her since you'll spend a lot of time with her. Penthesilea drove me almost mad at times

Done and done!
    kWzuvc0.jpg
    Meet Yitzhak.
    Ro8VO5B.jpg
    He and his wife, Rivka (right,) must rebuild SimWorld after an apocalyptic flood.

That's all the story I've got for now. See you guys Saturday!
  • Options
    Oooh, I like Yitzhak! He looks wise and determined. B)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    madelynsims95madelynsims95 Posts: 285 Member
    This is going to be so fun! This is my first reading circle too, so I'm glad it's a first for a lot of us. That way we can all learn together :heart:
    Origin ID: madelynsims95
    Stories/Challenges:
    Mother May I? (100 Baby Challenge)
  • Options
    I feel like this will be a lot of fun!
  • Options
    Now that it's actually Saturday, I'll post these again!

Okay, so here are some questions for people!

6. Any helpful critique?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Haha, don't worry :p And since it's indeed Saturday, I'll answer those already for my part.

Well, so far I liked how both Molpe and Septimus dealt with the child issue. Neither of them was eager to kill/die but nevertheless, they did. That's only realistic - I bet only few people would be okay with that in the first place.

Um, I dunno since we haven't seen so much yet. Just how the story develops, I guess? Something I wouldn't write myself because that's usually the most fun?

That depends on which demands we make to a leader. Be strong and determined? She sure was that sacrificing Septimus although she didn't want to, but not afterward. A queen, although human, isn't allowed to wallow in self-pity. Be perceptive and care for her subjects? Yes, that would totally fit since she even cares for slaves.

I'm pretty sure you've already picked up that I liked Septimus. For me to get a real favorite character it usually takes more time in a story and yours is still pretty new. But so far I don't dislike anyone yet. :p

There hasn't happened so much yet and everyone starts (and continues differently. Of course I'd have given it an entirely different start because you did your own thing. ;)

6. Any helpful critique?
    I'm pretty sure this will come up after the obligatory pre-banter ;) but I'd love an actual storyline.
    Post edited by MrsRacooney on
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    edited November 2017

1. My favorite moment so far is when Molpe and Otrere were playing in the fountain. It was a nice break from the sadness and the pressures of leading a tribe. It was a really fun bounding moment and just really sweet.
    2. I am not sure what I would like to see in the future. I just enjoy seeing where the tribe is heading and what the future generations have in store.
    3. From what I have seen of Molpe, I would think so. She balances being the feared ruler of man and a good leader or friend very well.
    4. Otrere!
    5. Nothing I can think of.
    6. None that I can think of. I enjoy the style of writing and feel that the characters are written well. They seem to assume things, like Molpe being like her mother and the feel sadness, loss, pain and joy. The ups and downs of life.

Questions for you!
    1. Who is Hesperia? I know she is the goddess that Molpe prays to but why Hesperia?
    2. Where did you come up with the names of your characters?
    3. Is there a certain type of ancient civilization your tribe is based off of?

Happy Saturday!
    Post edited by SpectresValkyrie on
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    madelynsims95madelynsims95 Posts: 285 Member
    I think my favorite moment is a tie. I really liked when Molpe first approached Septimus about him being the one to help her have a child. He was just so gentle and sweet! I also really loved when Molpe and Otrere played in the fountain!

I'd really love to see more on Molpe's childhood. It seems like her mother was an interesting character. I'd be curious to see how Molpe turned out so kind when her mother was so strict.

I think so! She cares for her people, but maybe even too much. Spending too much time moping after the death of a slave, while understandable, makes her seem too soft. At the same time, I kind of like that. It provides room for character development.

I really love Otrere. She is absolutely beautiful, and very sweet.

No! I think the story is progressing nicely!

6. Any helpful critique?
    While I was looking through your screenshots I noticed that sometimes (rarely) the walls on the buildings in the background weren't all the way up. You couldn't see the roof on them. Like walls were up, but you hadn't gone up all the floors, if that makes sense. It's just a little thing, but it can make a big difference!

Overall, I'm really enjoying this story! Solid characters with realistic motives, and a believable universe. I'm excited to see where you take things!
    Origin ID: madelynsims95
    Stories/Challenges:
    Mother May I? (100 Baby Challenge)
  • Options
    @madelynsims95 oh, with the roofs, that's to do with the fact that for some reason they disappear when I go into live mode, hence why the initial grounds picture is taken in build mode!

@PheonixWolfNinja
    1. Who is Hesperia? I know she is the goddess that Molpe prays to but why Hesperia?

Hesperia is named after (with some tweaking) the mother of the Hesperides, who in turn was the daughter of Hesperus, the god of the Evening Star. I wanted them to have a gentle goddess of light, and the name fit perfectly.

2. Where did you come up with the names of your characters?

Mostly from famous Amazons/Amazon-like figures! Molpe is a daughter of a Muse, Otrere is the person who built the Temple of Artemis, supposedly, and Camilla is the Amazon warrior from the Aeneid. Pallas' name also comes from the Aeneid, and Clodius was a Roman from some law cases I read.

3. What style of tribe is this? For example I have seen Greek, Roman, Egyptian, and some that I can not place, I want to say like aztec-ish maybe?

It's none, really. Just people surviving and based a little off of all of the Ancient Civilisations I know of. Septimus being locked up is inspired by the Vestal Virgins, and how they used to deal with those who broke their vows (pretty nasty, if you ask me).
  • Options
    @lilypadmeulin Besides locking vow breakers in rooms like with Septimus, I heard they also would bury vow breakers alive . Breaking your vows in the ancient world was a messy business.
    ETagn5d.jpg