Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hotel Gamepack?

MelodyElodieMelodyElodie Posts: 107 Member
edited November 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So, I was minding my own business making a nightclub for my bizarre town and in the end, the basement is being turned into a hotel to go with my story :,D. So the thought came across my mind on what about if we could mange our own hotel and see new people who are in the town for awhile and then leaves, almost like tourists? I don't know, I think it would be interesting. I think it would be really cool like what they did for Dine out.
NdeNttJ.jpg
Just some Sims I'm using to test out things.

Features that could be added:

- Disturbances ¬ Somewhat already available to put in due to City Living. All the UI is there mostly.
- Setting Prices for room ¬ I think it would be pretty neat to distinguish room prices and add if there is a ensuite, size, comfort, etc, etc.
- Desk for asking for a room ¬ Since this feature is quite similar to Dine Out, the UI is nearly all there-- I don't really think there is much to add.
- Bed and Breakfast/Room Service ¬ I think it would be a nice idea for sims to actually have a darn phone that can work when placed on the table to ask for services. For example, they might want to ask for food to be ordered to their room. They may also want to report disturbances without going to the desk or report a problem (Like a broken toilet or something).
- Comfort/Waiting areas ¬ Whilst people are waiting for rooms, they may want to chill for awhile whilst they wait if there is a problem with their booked room. The more comfort and things to do in an area, the less likely they are going to get annoy and get angry at the people at the desk.
- Kids Jumping on Beds ¬ For the longest time, I wanted kid to be able to jump on beds in the Sims 4 like in the Sims 2. Parents can get mad at them for jumping on the beds and generally messing around the hotel room and doing things kids do.
-

- New acts of rage ¬ Since there has not been really and bad interactions currently in The Sims 4, I think getting mad at the front desk might be quite amusing sometimes as maybe the customer is telling you a really dumb thing and you would have to work out the situation. I think this would help working there a little more fun.

YXW0ESe.jpg
The male Sim Will here is keeping an eye out on my building skills.

Other ideas suggested by the community.

- Holiday Expansion Pack ¬ Possibly be able to be added to an expansion pack where we could run our own hotels
- Compatible with Dining Out ¬ Be able to run our own restaurants within our hotel!
- Traits/closure ¬ Be able to make the hotel to be kid-free or kid-friendly, set our rooms to certain 'things'. Set our rooms/hotels for certain species.
- Rental B&B Home ¬ Make your home into a B&B live there but also supply the guests who you rent your house to!
- Design Our Own Hotel ¬ Don't make us have our own set hotel which we can build in! Let us build our own hotels! Don't make it like the apartments in City Living.
- Buffet Table ¬ Why not let our sims choose what they want for breakfast before they check out? Let them have some food before they leave.
- Hire or Fire ¬ Let us choose who we hire and who we fire base on their skills! The worse they are, the more likely they are a bad staff member. But the more they do there, the better they improve.

JDqXuby.jpg
Dining Room

What do you guys think? Do you think that it might be too similar to the possibilities as Dine Out or City Living? Do you think anything else could be added to the list? What do you think would be good in hotels? Leave your thoughts below. I don't know, maybe I'll do some concept art later. <3
Sig.png

Post edited by MelodyElodie on

Comments

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I would love to own and build a functional hotel and a hotel business Game Pack would be amazing! :)
    They could also combine owning hotels/resorts with a tropical vacation Game Pack
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    Ooo, I love this idea and it would be extra awesome if it came with some vacation spots. I like those hotel resort building games.
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    I love this idea.

Maybe have it so you can set what kind of customers the hotel attracts? Like one simmer may want a family hotel that is kid friendly, another a couples hotel with no kids present, another a vampire or alien hotel, another a hotel for a specific career or income level...

This would allow us to, with just a few clicks and some decorating, create an infinite variety of hotels.
  • Options
    jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    I love this idea, I think that it should be included with a new vacation world!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Maybe have it so you can set what kind of customers the hotel attracts? Like one simmer may want a family hotel that is kid friendly, another a couples hotel with no kids present, another a vampire or alien hotel, another a hotel for a specific career or income level...
    This would be a very good idea.
    Or at least the ability to set certain rooms for certain types. You really wouldn't want a romantic suite if you're bringing the kids. A vampire might want a basement room, with a coffin to rest in.

It would also be nice to be able to create a hireable guest suite in a residential lot, aka, turn your home into a B&B. And include the ability to build hotels or B&Bs in any world.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I've submitted an idea for a hotel pack, but not like the one from S3. It was too big and complicated. I suggested instead, having a Bed & Breakfast type of Hotel pack. One that's smaller and doesn't require a tower or spa unless you want to add one. If it were a B&B pack, we could make a small hotel to play. We could own it, manage it, hire other employees like maids, etc. I've always wanted to recreate Fawlty Towers in Windenburg. Dine Out should be able to be incorporated into this pack so they work together, then you could have a small restaurant in your B&B and a bar.
  • Options
    I would reply to you all separately but I'm way too lazy haha.
    I'll add on the features you guys have suggested to the main thread when I have time. I totally agree with the hotels having traits! I think it would be awesome. Also how Dine Out would be able to work with Hotels would be like an A* in my books. I agree that I think we should be able to make our own little B&B! It'd be so nice not to have a modern day tower. If we ever get a vacation expansion pack, I think something like this should be included.
    Sig.png

• Options
    JohskatheWiseJohskatheWise Posts: 5 New Member
    I love this idea. I honestly feel like it would be the best as a vacation ep that comes with 3 unique destination worlds. Like, a tropical paradise (swimming/diving maybe?), a snowy mountain peak (skiing/snowboarding?) and a historical destination full of art and music.

We could get more Caribbean inspired content for the island world (I'm thinking like Trinidad and Haiti and the Dominican Republic) or maybe Pacific Islander stuff (since EA likes following trends they'd probably make Moana references this way).

We could get snow gear and maybe a weather/seasons patch (like we got toddlers) because of the mountain destination.

We could get a sculpting skill from the historical destination.

I just really like the idea of getting to have different hotels in different locations. :)
  • Options
    If we could make a Bed & Breakfast then I could build an old Victorian house that once belonged to a sea Captain and place it in BB on the island where the museum is now. Four or five rooms with an attach bath each, one would be a Honeymoon suite for my newlyweds, and a dining room with a buffet for all to enjoy. Does anyone other than me want a long buffet table instead of the small round one we have now?
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If we could make a Bed & Breakfast then I could build an old Victorian house that once belonged to a sea Captain and place it in BB on the island where the museum is now. Four or five rooms with an attach bath each, one would be a Honeymoon suite for my newlyweds, and a dining room with a buffet for all to enjoy. Does anyone other than me want a long buffet table instead of the small round one we have now?
    Yessss! I want a long buffet table! It would be so useful for people who want to use it for their restaurants too! I want to make a medieval sort of hotel now haha.
    Sig.png

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Updated Information on Main Post
    Sig.png

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    So, I was minding my own business making a nightclub for my bizarre town and in the end, the basement is being turned into a hotel to go with my story :,D. So the thought came across my mind on what about if we could mange our own hotel and see new people who are in the town for awhile and then leaves, almost like tourists? I don't know, I think it would be interesting. I think it would be really cool like what they did for Dine out.
    NdeNttJ.jpg

- Disturbances ¬ Somewhat already available to put in due to City Living. All the UI is there mostly.
    - Setting Prices for room ¬ I think it would be pretty neat to distinguish room prices and add if there is a ensuite, size, comfort, etc, etc.
    - Desk for asking for a room ¬ Since this feature is quite similar to Dine Out, the UI is nearly all there-- I don't really think there is much to add.
    - Bed and Breakfast/Room Service ¬ I think it would be a nice idea for sims to actually have a darn phone that can work when placed on the table to ask for services. For example, they might want to ask for food to be ordered to their room. They may also want to report disturbances without going to the desk or report a problem (Like a broken toilet or something).
    - Comfort/Waiting areas ¬ Whilst people are waiting for rooms, they may want to chill for awhile whilst they wait if there is a problem with their booked room. The more comfort and things to do in an area, the less likely they are going to get annoy and get angry at the people at the desk.
    - Kids Jumping on Beds ¬ For the longest time, I wanted kid to be able to jump on beds in the Sims 4 like in the Sims 2. Parents can get mad at them for jumping on the beds and generally messing around the hotel room and doing things kids do.
    -

- New acts of rage ¬ Since there has not been really and bad interactions currently in The Sims 4, I think getting mad at the front desk might be quite amusing sometimes as maybe the customer is telling you a really dumb thing and you would have to work out the situation. I think this would help working there a little more fun.

YXW0ESe.jpg

- Holiday Expansion Pack ¬ Possibly be able to be added to an expansion pack where we could run our own hotels
    - Compatible with Dining Out ¬ Be able to run our own restaurants within our hotel!
    - Traits/closure ¬ Be able to make the hotel to be kid-free or kid-friendly, set our rooms to certain 'things'. Set our rooms/hotels for certain species.
    - Rental B&B Home ¬ Make your home into a B&B live there but also supply the guests who you rent your house to!
    - Design Our Own Hotel ¬ Don't make us have our own set hotel which we can build in! Let us build our own hotels! Don't make it like the apartments in City Living.

c0J66vt.jpg
    Current layout of the rooms.

What do you guys think? Do you think that it might be too similar to the possibilities as Dine Out or City Living? Do you think anything else could be added to the list? What do you think would be good in hotels? Leave your thoughts below. I don't know, maybe I'll do some concept art later. <3

If your going to have hotels they might as well have honeymoon suites too like a suite with a heart shaped fireplace and vibrating heartbed and also do not disturb signs so sims don't walk in during woohoo.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    NdeNttJ.jpg

-

YXW0ESe.jpg

c0J66vt.jpg
    Current layout of the rooms.

If your going to have hotels they might as well have honeymoon suites too like a suite with a heart shaped fireplace and vibrating heartbed and also do not disturb signs so sims don't walk in during woohoo.
    Yes! Defiantly. I'm sure that honeymoon suites would be available if a hotel gamepack was put in place.
    Sig.png

• Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    yesssss!!!! Love this idea
  • Options
    yesssss!!!! Love this idea

Thanks ^-^ I'm sure other people have been wanting this gamepack for ages.
    Sig.png

• Options
    Updated Information on Main Post
    Sig.png

• Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I love this idea!
  • Options
    I love this idea!

Thank you :3<3
    Sig.png

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Omg that is such a tacky concept. I'm laughing so hard here.

Honeymoon suits in hotels are usually more high class than that!

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Brindleton Bay is just crying out for a bed and breakfast.

Making hotels an ownable business would be fantastic, and would allow players to take their Sims on vacation, well, anywhere. You could turn the commercial area of Oasis Springs into the Las Vegas strip (all we need are some slot machines and a roulette table), you could turn Brindleton Bay into a seaside resort town, or you could use a penthouse in San Myshuno, and make it into a big, billion-dollar hotel like the "San Myshuno Hilton".

There's so much play value to be had there.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Brindleton Bay is just crying out for a bed and breakfast.

Making hotels an ownable business would be fantastic, and would allow players to take their Sims on vacation, well, anywhere. You could turn the commercial area of Oasis Springs into the Las Vegas strip (all we need are some slot machines and a roulette table), you could turn Brindleton Bay into a seaside resort town, or you could use a penthouse in San Myshuno, and make it into a big, billion-dollar hotel like the "San Myshuno Hilton".

There's so much play value to be had there.

Yes! Let us make one of our worlds into just an entertainment place. I hardly use Oasis Springs so I would just make it a vacation area and make the rest mostly residential.

Regrets not making a poll now to see how much people want it.
    Sig.png

• Options
    SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    I cant remember is hotels in sims 3?or were there never hotels?
  • Options

S3 had those huge useless towers that your sim couldn't even enter. Then you still had to build rooms for your sims to rent and a restaurant for them to eat in (or a buffet table).
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

S3 had those huge useless towers that your sim couldn't even enter. Then you still had to build rooms for your sims to rent and a restaurant for them to eat in (or a buffet table).

It was a dumb idea to be honest to let us have a hotel in the first place and basically have no control over whilst playing with our Sim.
    Sig.png

• Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Omg that is such a tacky concept. I'm laughing so hard here.

Honeymoon suits in hotels are usually more high class than that!

Well i love catloverplayers idea. Its nice to have different themes so that we can choose what style hotel we want.