March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA it's time you start doing something about the entitled cc creators in the Sims community!

BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
I'm putting this in sims 4 cause this has become a huge issue lately that's still plaguing sims 3 as well but not as much since Sims 4 is the game most people are paying attention to at the moment. But I am fed up with this, I have kept my mouth closed long enough about this issue cause speaking about over tumblr with other simmers isn't really doing anything. But EA, it's time for you to pay attention to what these cc creators are doing in the sims community, it has gotten way out of hand at this point and it's ridiculous! These cc creators out here are using your property and charging the fan base for money when they know 🐸🐸🐸🐸 well that they shouldn't be. These people have seriously gotten extremely entitled and greedy when it comes to making cc, adfly is still a problem but these people like to play ignorant and act like its no big deal when people are telling them it's giving their computers viruses. These people do not care about our privacy and livelihood possible being ruined due to hackers cause they're too selfish to see it, they're only worried about lining their pockets. Now we have a bigger issue, and that's with cc creators going to patreon to make people pay even more. Patreon is a site for ACTUAL creators and artists, not people trying to leech off the sims and it's fan base! The sims is a HOBBY, NOT their part time job and no one is twisting their arm to make cc but for whatever reason these people think they need to be paid. These people need to do what everyone else has to do when money is short, and that is get another job instead asking us. There are cc creators who make cc, have families, go to school, have jobs etc and still don't feel the need to E-beg their followers cause they are doing it for the love and fun of sims. This is why sites like the sims3booty existed cause people we're getting tired of complete strangers telling them they need to pay them for some pixels, unless its directly from the company I'm not buying it nor giving these people money and I shouldn't have to. Listen I'm all for helping people and lending a hand, but this? No I'm cutting it here cause a lot these people are making up guilt trip stories just so we hand over some cash. And if you have the time to sit on the computer to make some cc, get on the internet, and play the sims while posting pictures on your little tumblr, then your money situation must not be as bad as you think it is compared to other people who are on the streets. No food, no roof over their head, dirty clothes worn for days, and yet you're talking about how hard it is on your extremely high priced gaming computer? No get out of here cause I don't want to hear that at all! I'm also tired of hearing "well they spent so much time on it so i think they should get something in return"....Um NO! That's not my fault, stop making stuff you don't want to make or even do. Ea y'all need to do something about it, put your foot down like you did with the sims resource and let these people know it's not okay and that if it keeps going you're going to take legal actions. At least contact adfly, patreon or whoever is in charge of these sites and let them know that this is your property and that it shouldn't be on here and to start screening for it. We're getting tired of this 🐸🐸🐸🐸, we really are and we want it to stop ASAP. As for the people who don't think this is a big deal or problem that's going on you can read it here: http://sketchbookpixels.tumblr.com/post/167261049190/some-things-just-need-to-be-said

I know it's just cc but a lot of prefer to use cc over buying stuff packs the same way people prefer stuff packs over cc or have more options in game when there's nothing else available. Please do say something about this, I know it's petty stuff but its annoying and stressful to a lot people in the community.

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for my grammar. I've never been good at writing or English to begin with.
giphy.gif

Post edited by BrittanyChick22 on

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    this is not something for ea to worry about and there lots of people who make free cc get that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited November 2017
    It's not just EA who takes advantage of User Created Content y'know. What do you think Valve's been doing with the Steam Workshop for years?

In fact Valve is probably worse.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/16/15622366/valve-gabe-newell-sales-origin-destructive
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    TLDR lol it’s too early, I’ll read it later but based on the title and the first few sentences I am inclined to agree with you. It is disgusting people are profiting illegally by selling CC they “made”.

Yea, making a Patreon and selling your edits is illegal. I always find it quite hilarious when they want to complain about their CC being “stolen” and uploaded elsewhere.

I am very curious as to why EA hasn’t done something about this and sent out mass cease and desists. I suppose they’re viewing it as the more CC people make, the more people will want to buy or play the actual game and may be inclined to purchase additional packs so in the end I guess the CC “creators” are making money for EA?

It’s all intriguing if you really sit down and think about it.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    It's not just EA who takes advantage of User Created Content y'know. What do you think Valve's been doing with the Steam Workshop for years?

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/16/15622366/valve-gabe-newell-sales-origin-destructive

Valve doesn't catch enough flak quite frankly. EA/Origin have committed their own sins for sure but lorde knows Valve has been doing it longer, harder, and in more ways. on topic though! I don't like the use of ad.fly or patreon for CC but I definitely don't mind donation buttons or stuff like that. however, editing a mesh and expecting cash money for it is. . . well, not very good.
    6riwm5.png
    edited November 2017
    They don't complain about it because it's not actually cutting into their sales that much. In fact it makes people more likely to buy the base game "Hey, there's all this free stuff, I can just buy that instead of packs."

Then CC turns out to have bugs, or most of it is reskins of tables and chairs, or CAS content.

Making a game moddable makes it more popular, as was discovered with Cities Skylines.

And Valve... Yeah, maybe it's time that Valve recieves "worst company of the year" to wake them up. You know when you buy your games these online developers, you're basically renting them.

How DARE EA create Origin and Blizzard create Battle.net to keep all the profits of the games they make for themselves!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ari100ari100 Posts: 74 Member
    Someone still took the time to create CC. If they want to sell it, illegal or not, they are not forcing you to buy it. This also really doesn't effect EA like 'Loanet' said above. If you don't want to buy the stuff that costs, then buy the stuff that's free. You can't force someone to give out what they altered or created for free. You might think that their time and effort they put into creating CC should be free, but some of them obviously think their time and effort is worth people paying for it. You should learn how to create CC if you think it's so easy it's not worth anyone's money. Some people are also just not nice people. EA can't do anything about that either. Unfortunately their are mean people in this world who will scam people.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited November 2017
    ari100 wrote: »
    Someone still took the time to create CC. If they want to sell it, illegal or not, they are not forcing you to buy it. This also really doesn't effect EA like 'Loanet' said above. If you don't want to buy the stuff that costs, then buy the stuff that's free. You can't force someone to give out what they altered or created for free. You might think that their time and effort they put into creating CC should be free, but some of them obviously think their time and effort is worth people paying for it. You should learn how to create CC if you think it's so easy it's not worth anyone's money. Some people are also just not nice people. EA can't do anything about that either. Unfortunately their are mean people in this world who will scam people.

And no one is forcing them to make cc either. So why do you think they need to be paid?
    giphy.gif

Loanet wrote: »

That's great and everything but I'm not talking about Valve right now, I'm talking about what's going on in the sims community.
    giphy.gif

edited November 2017
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    TLDR lol it’s too early, I’ll read it later but based on the title and the first few sentences I am inclined to agree with you. It is disgusting people are profiting illegally by selling CC they “made”.

Yea, making a Patreon and selling your edits is illegal. I always find it quite hilarious when they want to complain about their CC being “stolen” and updated elsewhere.

I am very curious as to why EA hasn’t done something about this and sent out mass cease and desists. I suppose they’re viewing it as the more CC people make, the more people will want to buy or play the actual game and may be inclined to purchase additional packs so in the end I guess the CC “creators” are making money for EA.

It’s all intriguing if you really sit down and think about it.

I agree, they haven't said anything cause to them it's chump change and it's not effecting them on a large scale. However, I don't think cc is helping making them money at all, it's people buying the game that's making their money. Even if it doesn't bother them, it's bothering us cause we see how it's corrupting our games and the community. Ea's already in hot water with Battlefront 2 and now we have to worry about people within the community that wants to charge us an arm and leg too? No it's not okay and I'm not paying both.
    giphy.gif

edited November 2017
    this is not something for ea to worry about and there lots of people who make free cc get that

Of course it is, it's their game. As a company if I find out people are leeching off me illegally when I said don't do it, I'm going to take some sort of action.
    giphy.gif

• TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    There's more nuance to this than you're making it sound.

As far as I can tell, the problematic stuff is when people put mod content behind paywalls or adwalls; I'm guessing EA only doesn't crack down on this more because it's not impacting their sales, so they don't want to put the resources into chasing it down. It is, however, as far as I can gather, definitely illegal.

People asking for money on patreon, so long as they aren't locking exclusive content behind patreon, is just an open-ended request and, well... I'm not angry about your attitude on that. Just kind of sad. To put it in perspective, when I was working on some of my bigger mod projects, I was putting in so many hours in an average day, I likely couldn't have worked any kind of job while doing it. If I'd had a full-time job while trying to do the modding I've done for this game, I'd probably still be working on the first project now, over six months later.

When I did a Patreon, which I have abandoned some time ago, I did it with the thought that it would enable me to continue to put a ridiculous amount of hours into modding. That was it. I didn't even want to ask. Do you know how hard it is for some people to ask for that kind of thing at all?

That said, people who "steal" content usually aren't doing it with innocent intentions. They're doing it because they want traffic to come to their ads, or trick someone into putting forth cash for their paywall. Sharing content around, especially when asking first, is a whole different thing.

I feel like your heart's in the right place, but you're lumping together people who actively try to manipulate and deceive to profit illegally, and people who are just stumbling through this whole modding thing and are trying some things that they haven't tried before, that can maybe work for them in some way.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    There is just about zero CC content out there that actually cuts into EA's profits. A few people might get all their furniture and new CAS through CC, but they are a minority. In any case that only replaces Stuff Packs, and even then it doesn't really replace the Gameplay objects in Stuff Packs.

For example, Toddlers patch. I think there was at least a few Mods out there that created toddlers. The Toddler patch made every one of them completely defunct and had people buying Parenthood and Toddler Stuff. Who cared about Vampire mods when we saw how good EA's Vampires were? There are mods that make your pets controllable. But you're going to need to buy Cats&Dogs first anyway.

It's just not worth EA's time or rep to worry about it, especially when a lot of Mods and CC either require a pack to use or break every time a new patch comes out anyway. Then the Modder has to sit down and re-write their mod, for free, if they've got the time, if they're still on that mod. All EA needed to do to shatter MCCC into little tiny pieces was bring out Cats&Dogs.
  • auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    I use a lot of cc in my game and while I don't like that some creators want to charge you for downloading cc, I somewhat understand their reasoning. They are spending time and effort on creating new meshes and adding a ton of recolors and if they think that effort worths some money that's fine by me, I'm not going to pay for it but if there are people who really like the content they're putting out and want to have them in their game they can just act like they're paying for a stuff pack or something. The money they want usually isn't that much anyway.
    Think of all the youtubers that are getting paid for providing you with entertainment and game content by playing the game, building lots or creating sims.

My actual problem with those creators is that I recently read a post on tumblr and found out some of them are stealing meshes from other games like IMVU and Second Life and acting like they created them. That's just disrespectful to the creators of the original meshes and those are what they shouldn't be getting paid for.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I agree that creators shouldn't demand money for their mods, but I also view downloading CC as a privilege, not a right. Even though the original content is not theirs, they're still taking their time to modify it and even take requests from people. But if some creators are restricting their content, then that's between them and EA. We do not have to buy it, and there is still tons of free content out there.
    aSE16f8.gif
    edited November 2017
    auramaris wrote: »
    I use a lot of cc in my game and while I don't like that some creators want to charge you for downloading cc, I somewhat understand their reasoning. They are spending time and effort on creating new meshes and adding a ton of recolors and if they think that effort worths some money that's fine by me, I'm not going to pay for it but if there are people who really like the content they're putting out and want to have them in their game they can just act like they're paying for a stuff pack or something. The money they want usually isn't that much anyway.
    Think of all the youtubers that are getting paid for providing you with entertainment and game content by playing the game, building lots or creating sims.

My actual problem with those creators is that I recently read a post on tumblr and found out some of them are stealing meshes from other games like IMVU and Second Life and acting like they created them. That's just disrespectful to the creators of the original meshes and those are what they shouldn't be getting paid for.

EA doesn't bother to take these people to court because every patch and pack tends to break mods or just make them pointless anyway. For that matter, EA actually has the RIGHT to take your free CC, and put it into their next pack that most people pay for, if they think it's popular and good enough. Since you weren't making money off it in the first place, you have no case.

Paid CC makers find that their stuff can never stand up to the official release and breaks with patches anyway so it's barely worth it.

There are a few mods for seasons out there. EA isn't going to not make Seasons because of them. If you paid for it, it'll probably break, you'll find it didn't stand up to the official release and you are a sucker. If you didn't pay for it, it's probably aesthetic and will be broken with the official release anyway.

Free CC makers are basically slave labour for EA. Why would EA want to put them off?

Paid CC makers are used by a minority of people and never stand up to the official release anyway.
  • auramarisauramaris Posts: 154 Member
    @Loanet it's true that most mods like MCC, first snow etc break with new patches and creators have to update it regularly but cc items like clothing, make up or hairstyles don't break that often. I have some cc in my game that I downloaded when I only had the base game and still work with no issues so I don't think that way of thinking can be applied to those categories of cc.
    edited November 2017
    auramaris wrote: »
    @Loanet it's true that most mods like MCC, first snow etc break with new patches and creators have to update it regularly but cc items like clothing, make up or hairstyles don't break that often. I have some cc in my game that I downloaded when I only had the base game and still work with no issues so I don't think that way of thinking can be applied to those categories of cc.

I understand what you're saying. But the number of people who will ONLY download CC instead of ever buying Stuff Packs is in the minority. In any case they don't replace the Gameplay aspects of it.

MCCC breaks with almost every patch - it was down for days with the Cats&Dogs patch. Sure, EA could probably break out the lawyers and shut it down but it fills in holes, rather than replacing anything. It makes you MORE likely to play The Sims.

Who's gonna download First Snow when we get Seasons for real? Or any Seaonal mod. On top of that, Sim Cookie now has to sit down and make a version that covers Brindleton Bay, which isn't going to stop anybody buying Cats&Dogs.

Is there a Laundry mod? I bet it won't work after Laundry Day. I can't see Free CC makers rushing to update it when the Sims version will be far superior, and I can't see Paid CC makers getting much business when people can pay officially for more and less likely to crash their game.

I'm not saying don't mod, or never download CC. I'm just saying that when you do so, it's at your own risk. Oh, and if you pay for it, you're a sucker.
    Post edited by Loanet on
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2017
    The guy who makes “the Sims mod we cannot mention by name on this forum” is making over $10,000/month with Patreon.

$10,000 people. Let that sink in.

Outrageous!
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    edited November 2017
    I feel kind of neutral on this whole issue myself. I download CC a lot, and AdFly is really dangerous and does give viruses, so I agree about that part. At first my adblockers would let me just continue through to the download link without seeing any ads or popups, but after a while that stopped working, so I ended up putting on an extension that just skips AdFly altogether and takes me straight to the link, so it doesn't bother me anymore. I know some CC creators who will put up a download link regularly and one through AdFly, and I think that's okay.

What really bothers me, though, is seeing CC creators who don't use AdFly, and telling people in their Terms of Use not to reupload any of their stuff behind paysites, and that makes me worried there are people in the community actively doing that, though I haven't seen any of it myself. People locking exclusive content they make behind their Patreon and charging people just to get it rubs me the wrong way too, but if people want to pay for it, so be it. I have no intentions of ever doing that, even if the content is something I want really bad, so chances are I'll just continue to ignore any creators doing that, and support the ones who don't.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes, you're right The Sims is a hobby... But that doesn't mean people cannot make money off of it. That's like saying painters shouldn't sell their paintings for money. Who wouldn't love to make money off of their passion? You just sound jealous and bitter to be honest. Not everything in life is free. :#

Sure some of those links can compromise your computer but... That's the risk that simmers take. I'm not sure if you know but creating CC is very time consuming and tedious. If people want to charge for their talent and skill, that's fine by me. At the end of the day no one is forcing us to download this cc. There is plenty of free cc out there. Support every creator whether or not they're getting paid for it.

"Patreon is a site for ACTUAL creators and artists."
    Ummm... They are CREATING content... Just because it's digital art doesn't mean it still isn't art. :| I have no problem giving them my money, but do I? No, because that's a choice I make as I am quite frugal. Lastly, if a simmer is uneducated about how to protect their computer from viruses when going on compromising sites... That's their fault. Not the creators.
    p6tqefj
    alexandrea wrote: »
    Yes, you're right The Sims is a hobby... But that doesn't mean people cannot make money off of it. That's like saying painters shouldn't sell their paintings for money.

Sure some of those links can compromise your computer but... That's the risk that simmers take. I'm not sure if you know but creating CC is very time consuming and tedious. If people want to charge for their talent and skill, that's fine by me. At the end of the day no one is forcing us to download this cc. There is plenty of free cc out there. Support every creator whether or not they're getting paid for it.

If a simmer is uneducated about how to protect their computer from viruses when going on compromising sites... That's their fault. Not the creators.

Um no that's not the same, painters can sell their paintings cause they are the original creator. These people are using property by EA and use tools that are FOR FREE to make their content but then have the nerve to tell simmers to pay for their content, complain about others stealing their content, or breaking tou's when they are being somewhat hypocritical when they don't follow EA's rules and regulations. There are cc creators who actually think they can copyright their cc when EA has stated everything belongs to them including the cc that they make. Also to still use the site when ever body has said the site is dangerous and know its dangerous, is just them sticking their fingers in their ears and go la la la can't hear you. Also that's insulting a person's intelligence, there is such thing as getting a virus on your computer even if you have protection cause some viruses and spyware can go undetected. Also if you go to a fast food restaurant and they happen to be out of ketchup on the floor and you go to the counter and ask for a packet and they say "well since you made do that, I'm gonna have to charge you extra" are you going to pay for that? Hell no you're not. That's what these creators are saying, because I had to create cc, I'm going to charge you.
    giphy.gif

• DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I'm putting this in sims 4 cause this has become a huge issue lately that's still plaguing sims 3 as well but not as much since Sims 4 is the game most people are paying attention to at the moment. But I am fed up with this, I have kept my mouth closed long enough about this issue cause speaking about over tumblr with other simmers isn't really doing anything. But EA, it's time for you to pay attention to what these cc creators are doing in the sims community, it has gotten way out of hand at this point and it's ridiculous! These cc creators out here are using your property and charging the fan base for money when they know plum well that they shouldn't be. These people have seriously gotten extremely entitled and greedy when it comes to making cc, adfly is still a problem but these people like to play ignorant and act like its no big deal when people are telling them it's giving their computers viruses. These people do not care about our privacy and livelihood possible being ruined due to hackers cause they're too selfish to see it, they're only worried about lining their pockets. Now we have a bigger issue, and that's with cc creators going to patreon to make people pay even more. Patreon is a site for ACTUAL creators and artists, not people trying to leech off the sims and it's fan base! The sims is a HOBBY, NOT their part time job and no one is twisting their arm to make cc but for whatever reason these people think they need to be paid. These people need to do what everyone else has to do when money is short, and that is get another job instead asking us. There are cc creators who make cc, have families, go to school, have jobs etc and still don't feel the need to E-beg their followers cause they are doing it for the love and fun of sims. This is why sites like the sims3booty existed cause people we're getting tired of complete strangers telling them they need to pay them for some pixels, unless its directly from the company I'm not buying it nor giving these people money and I shouldn't have to. Listen I'm all for helping people and lending a hand, but this? No I'm cutting it here cause a lot these people are making up guilt trip stories just so we hand over some cash. And if you have the time to sit on the computer to make some cc, get on the internet, and play the sims while posting pictures on your little tumblr, then your money situation must not be as bad as you think it is compared to other people who are on the streets. No food, no roof over their head, dirty clothes worn for days, and yet you're talking about how hard it is on your extremely high priced gaming computer? No get out of here cause I don't want to hear that at all! I'm also tired of hearing "well they spent so much time on it so i think they should get something in return"....Um NO! That's not my fault, stop making stuff you don't want to make or even do. Ea y'all need to do something about it, put your foot down like you did with the sims resource and let these people know it's not okay and that if it keeps going you're going to take legal actions. At least contact adfly, patreon or whoever is in charge of these sites and let them know that this is your property and that it shouldn't be on here and to start screening for it. We're getting tired of this plum, we really are and we want it to stop ASAP. As for the people who don't think this is a big deal or problem that's going on you can read it here: http://sketchbookpixels.tumblr.com/post/167261049190/some-things-just-need-to-be-said

I know it's just cc but a lot of prefer to use cc over buying stuff packs the same way people prefer stuff packs over cc or have more options in game when there's nothing else available. Please do say something about this, I know it's petty stuff but its annoying and stressful to a lot people in the community.

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for my grammar. I've never been good at writing or English to begin with.

Alternatively, no one is twisting your arm making you pay these creators for their cc. I only download CC that is free and tbh, have only stumbled across one or two pieces that a creator is wanting a donation in exchange for their content. I just skip those and I have lots of cc to chose from. There is lots of free cc out there, go find it. Maybe your method of searching for it is what is pulling up lots of paid content. As for patreon, I only sub to one person, Deaderpool who creates MCCC and I do that cause I want to, because I think his mod is amazing and I am grateful he is on top of patches and hotfixes and I want to show my appreciation for that. You don't have to sub to get the mod. It's still free for everyone. I understand where you are coming from, but it's all your own choice. No one is forcing you to pay for cc, especially when so much cc is free out there. I'm not behind EA getting involved in CC, cause then they'll likely put too many stipulations on it and our CC will dry up quicker than the desert.
    edited November 2017
    Linamints wrote: »
    I am not going to defend adfly as a service, but I have to say for someone saying that content creators being greedy and entitled your post came across as one of the single most entitled posts I've ever read. EA does not own meshes that were not made by them or members of their studio, creators of these meshes retain intellectual property rights of THEIR OWN creations even if they adapt it for use in other games. Otherwise nothing would stop EA from claiming a mesh that someone converted for use in Sims 4 from another obscure game, it opens them up to be sued. That is why EA does not release meshes made by CC artists.

Also, patreon is a site for people to show their patronage to literally anyone who creates content, it isn't limited to incredibly narrow constraints. Almost any creator (Be it simmer, youtuber, DA artist, seamstress, glow blower etc) can post their content on patreon, and people can show their appreciation for sharing their content by donating whatever they want.

The attitude that you have displayed here strikes a serious nerve with me because some of the most talented creators who made their own from scratch content have left the community over just the last year or two because of how abusive the community was in return for them sharing their beautiful creations. Many modders have left as well, people who genuinely made this game more enjoyable have abandoned their mods because of this kind of mentality that the community is OWED their hard work.

I think that if anything has damaged this community it's seeing the people who loved the game so much that they spent HOURS making it better leave because of how entitled people became when they published their free content. To be honest, after hearing some of the things they've had to deal with I wouldn't want to put up with it without being payed either.

I'm friends with a few people who either posted mods or CC for free in the beginning, and quickly became overwhelmed once their content took off, a lot of people started using services like patreon because they couldn't keep making time for creating with their real life responsibilities unless that time spent was made more valuable.

Posts like this have a negative effect on CC artists, this mentality that just because they chose to share what they created you are entitled to their hard work and time genuinely hurts them, and that is why so many of the people who made their own content are leaving. In my opinion, if people depend on CC to enjoy their games (I am absolutely one of these people myself) they shouldn't have such an issue with showing a little bit of gratitude and patronage to the people who make the game better for them.

If it weren't for certain creators out there, I would not have played the Sims 4 past the early base game release. If it were not for mod creators I would never have bought other expansions for this game. I honestly wish more people had patreons because they deserve to be thanked and appreciated for the hard work they do to make my game a worthwhile experience.

um no, my post isn't entitled. I'm not saying " hey make this cc right now and you better give to me for free!" No most of us are not doing that, If i asked someone to create a piece of cc for me, then sure I would pay cause I asked them to that for me. This is about keeping greed out of the community and maintaining the fun and joy it use to be when creating and sharing you're ideas. I've never made cc, but I have made sims and houses and shared them to other people, not once did I ever feel the need to to charge them for that. And guess what? Building a house took me some hours or even days to make and I'm not using that as an excuse to make money. If it wasn't for the content creators that still do make free cc, a lot of people would have left sims 3 and sims 4 by now. Go look at the sims 4 videos, most them have cc thanks to free creators. Actually a lot of people said they would not mind a donation but a lot of them do not provide one.
    giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top