Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do when your sim gains weight?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    If they need to trim down I have them do a dance workout with the TV and make meals that are lower in calories. I don't like my sims too thin or too muscular but sometimes they get really big and could lose some weight.
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    It just depends on the sim/family/story and other factors. If they age up to a fat teen I usually go have them workout, but if it's a mother who has had a few kids and is getting older, eh, who cares? Let her be fat, she earned it. ;)
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Unlike 2 & 3 where a sim can work out for 3 hours and go from overweight to stick thin. Sims 4 has it take days with not only excersising but diet as well. Depending on my laziness I'll either cheat and go through CAS or just put them on a diet with excersising.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    Depends on how much they gain. If they only pack on a few pounds, I usually don't do anything. It seems more realistic that a sim will add a little weight later in life. If they gain a large amount of weight, I'll use the threadmil and jogging. I love yoga, but anytime I have a sim shed a few pounds that way, they get too much muscle definition, and I always have to adjust it in cas. I will not touch the skinny potion in rewards because the one time I used it made my sim look starved. I recently had a sim make the slimify potion and am looking for a hefty sim to test it on.
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    I normally leave them be. If your sim has four kids it's a bit realistic that they would put on a bit ofweight. The only really way they lose it If they do it on their own by excersing,rolling wishes to excersise. Or for instance they have children and somehow their children inherited the weight theirself ( I've seen it happen lol ) I help the kids slim down a little just to see what they end up looking like but boy it's hard to keep it off
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    My sim went jogging with his dog for a couple of days, he's lazy which I considered but I also considered the fact that he's a Y/A currently having an affair, so I think the realistic conclusion would be vanity dictating that he's want to trim down a bit, regardless of his reluctance to do any physical activity! Haha. Though I'm sure he's gonna go back to his old ways once he's happy - And the rotation will persist!
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm also in the "it varies" category. There are times when I leave them as-is but usually I try to send them to the gym. I got the Fitness Stuff pack a while after it came out and its actually been a "sleeper hit" for me. I held off on getting it at first but I actually use the new gym equipment, workouts and BB/CAS a lot. The fitness clothes are popular with teens in my game.

I built a massive gym in Oasis Springs called Oasis Lifestyle Fitness and that is now where nearly everyone goes to work out. It's the premium membership that everyone wants to have. I built it so that the sims walk into a lobby with a huge wall of paneled "waterfalls" from Spa Day, I think. They then walk into the gym through the his and hers (all gender identities welcome) locker room. The gym then has almost everything including a yoga & dance studio with massive tvs for the videos, a pool, a basketball court, a rock-climbing zone and the zones for other equipment. There's also a vending/snack/lounge area. I haven't deleted the other gyms, but that one draws sims from everywhere. Before they all tended to go to the gyms in their neighborhoods. Some sims who were lingeringly chubby are finally slimming down/toning up.

That said, some of my sims have tended to put on more weight than others. Sometimes I use CAS.fulleditmode to adjust them a bit. I flatten stomachs that way including of most townies. I'll also often move them down a bit on the body weight scale if I find that they've gone too far in the overweight direction. I usually won't make them really thin but will make them a bit less chubby. They do usually have to work out if they want more than that in my game.

As for female sims and pregnancy, I do find that it varies and also that it is pretty realistic. It seems like a lot of factors including body type and traits are factors. Raj Rasoya's wife is one who has not gained significant weight during multiple pregnancies. She's now had 5 kids (one of the only ones who I'm allowing to have that large a family) and she always bounced back. With the fifth kid, she'd a bit droopy and looks a bit worn-down, I'm leaving that as-is for realism. She's definitely not "fat" though nor does she have the active trait. Some of my other sims really put on baby weight. Usually I've noticed it after more than one kid but I can think of at least one who put on quite a lot of weight with only one child. I've found that I have to delete birthday cakes from inventories or my sims will just eat cake while I'm not playing them. There are also some who just seem to have to fight their weight more than others. Active sims notably tend to stay in better shape, obviously. Aside from that, it does seem like each sim has a somewhat complex metabolism.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Artemis_DreamerArtemis_Dreamer Posts: 200 Member
    When my sims get chubby, they generally stay that way, unless I'm currently using them for storytelling purposes (and that story does not involve weight gain).

I find cas.fulleditmode very buggy (it has destroyed or deleted many household relationships) and unless a sim has a particular reason to exercise often (traits, aspirations, careers) I'm not about to change their routines.

I rarely play with my permanent townies, preferring one or two families to actual rotational play. I find that when left unplayed, sims gain weight quite quickly. Needless to say, there are a lot of VERY chubby sims wandering around my neighbourhoods. Honestly though, it's kind of cute.

Unlike in real life, weight has no consequences on sim health, or the way that they are perceived by other sims - so I just roll with it. (Pardon the pun.)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Eat ice cream. A few bowls of Taste of Diet flavour (Cooking level 4) and they are back to their old selves.

Eating your way slim is especially fun for Gluttons and Foodies.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Eat ice cream. A few bowls of Taste of Diet flavour (Cooking level 4) and they are back to their old selves.

I still have yet to try the diet ice cream on my sims. Does it take them back to their original weight, or is it like the potion in the reward store and make them look starved? I'm always so leery of anything to drop my sims weight besides jogging and threadmill because of too much weight loss. I like my sims on the thicker scale, vs, too skinny.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    My sims only ever eat salad so theyre all fit
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    AmoaraAmoara Posts: 106 Member
    My twin girls just aged up to teens and both are overweight. What I love about the sims is that no one cares. They are very happy sims. Their father is athletic so we have gym equipment in the house but he is the only one that uses it autonomously. I, personally, can't think of a story line that would require sims to be skinny so I just let them be because relationships are based on personalities, not weight. As long as they are happy then so am I :)
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    it depends on the sims that it happens too. if a sim has a story line where their weight gets in the way i will mess with it. usually by cheats because they are so busy raising families that they dont have time to go to the gym often. if they get time they can go excersize. but sometimes im ok with the weight gain. i have a good amount of sims who are over weight. but i also have some who i want to keep at a healthy weight. i havent tried the diet icecream but it might be worth trying since sims always want to use the icecream maker anyway. also isnt it funny how if you have healthy food and junk food both in the fridge sims would rather pick up the cake and eat it instead of a healthy alternative option.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    My sims alwayssss get fat. Sometimes I edit them immediately, but other times I make them exercise and just eat salad. Lol.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    I usually keep them fat, but sometimes I get tired of everyone but Active Sims being fat. I don't bother with changing their diets; a single workout on the treadmill every day is enough to keep the pounds away. :) Wish it were that easy in real life.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I still have yet to try the diet ice cream on my sims. Does it take them back to their original weight, or is it like the potion in the reward store and make them look starved? I'm always so leery of anything to drop my sims weight besides jogging and threadmill because of too much weight loss. I like my sims on the thicker scale, vs, too skinny.

It's not as extreme, and if you eat too much, you can always reverse the effect with Weight of the World ice cream (extra-fattening).
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    It dependes on that sim's hobby and their current life (story or style). If it is a mom I usually keep her fat because she doesn't have that much time for herself. Just like IRL :D:D
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    To prevent sims from getting thick, I just give them the active trait.
    If they are premade and get too thick, just send them jogging 2 - 3 times a day, they become slim in a week.
    After they can eat what they want and just let them jog 2 times a week. Be careful or they will get to slim.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor