Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downtown Brindleton Bay not bustling

I guess you would call it the "downtown" ares of Brindleton Bay where the docks are, I never see other sims walking their dogs or as much action as there was in the trailer. It's pretty empty. Oh it's actually called Whiskermans Warf.

What about for you?

Comments

• Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Mines always full of people walking there dogs past my house, strays popping by and saying hello etc etc. The dock side bar is always really busy when i go there and theres always a bunch of people and cats by the statue. I'll grab a couple of snapshots but as of yet i've had no issue with population and people walking pets.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited November 2017
    Mine is empty as well only stray cats around
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    LunaNova wrote: »
    Mines always full of people walking there dogs past my house, strays popping by and saying hello etc etc. The dock side bar is always really busy when i go there and theres always a bunch of people and cats by the statue. I'll grab a couple of snapshots but as of yet i've had no issue with population and people walking pets.

cute profile pic! :love:

also in relation to the post mine's pretty average, a couple of strays, maybe around 8-10 people dotted about. not bustling but don't need to catch the tumbleweed just yet.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Could it be that experiences are varied due to computer specs? There might be a bottleneck somewhere -- memory, processor, or graphics card -- that makes the game reduce the number of Sims that are allowed in an area.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Could it be that experiences are varied due to computer specs? There might be a bottleneck somewhere -- memory, processor, or graphics card -- that makes the game reduce the number of Sims that are allowed in an area.

You could be right. I have a high spec pc and my culling settings are on unlimited so maybe i just have more sims in the world as well??
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Yep. The beefier the computer, the better the results.

Also, there's so much hardware out there, I wonder if the game is correctly recognizing all of it? In the older games, I used to have to mess around with the graphics rules to get the performance that I wanted.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Mine is always super busy, tons of sims walking their dogs, eating and cats everywhere. My sims live on the only lot that was open in that area.
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I guess you would call it the "downtown" ares of Brindleton Bay where the docks are, I never see other sims walking their dogs or as much action as there was in the trailer. It's pretty empty. Oh it's actually called Whiskermans Warf.

What about for you?

Agree.
    My sims live in apartment building. I have 4 flats in that building and i never see their pets walking around, not on the street or in a hall of building :(
    i don't like this things, the game because of that doesn't look like have EP. I feel that i have just a new object - dog, and that's it.
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    I have a high-end pc with max specs and my bay area is pretty much empty too :( I heavily populated the town, so there are sims to go around. This is only happening in BB as all my other towns are crazy busy and filled with simmies. Rattlesnake Juice usually has a line out the door lol! :)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    This probably due to the number of strays roaming around. They count the same as walk-bys.