Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vet career glitch?

Just wondering if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s a glitch.
I can’t seem to get owners to pay their bills after checking the pets. The option bill owner comes up but doesn’t do anything.
Anyone experience anything similar?

Comments

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I heard of this issue form other users. Did you wait till you closed the clinic?
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    beckyh101beckyh101 Posts: 147 Member
    Haven’t tried that! I just shut my game down last night after it wasn’t working. I’m hoping if I try again today might be working. What a pain though, I saved up money for ages to open the clinic the couldn’t use it!
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I'm not having this issue. I use mods, could it be a mod conflict of some kind?
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2017
    If you have mods/CC, always assume it's a mod issue and remove them to confirm. Delete the localthumbcache file each time you test. Sometimes it's necessary to repair the game after removing mods to fix the issue.
  • Options
    shan1982shan1982 Posts: 41 Member
    edited November 2017
    I do not have any mods installed, and I am having the same issue. Tho I don't have the options to bill on the owner of the pet I've just treated. When I click on the pet to bill owner it doesn't do anything.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Normally the onwer is automatically billed after the treatment, which prompts them to go back home.
  • Options
    Lachelle82Lachelle82 Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm having the same issue. My vet office has three vets, two of whom are family and one is hired. It's happened three times now since yesterday.

I'm able to give the pet all the treatments and cure them, and the Bill Owner option is available, but when I click it, it falls right back off their queue. Resetting the sim doesn't help. The only thing that fixes it is shutting down the clinic, going home, and coming back.
  • Options
    Ok, So I had to close the game without saving. Go and confirm all updates were done. Then I did a full repair on the game. When I went back in and started it fresh after that it fixed it. I'm not sure what broke it to begin with. I think it's because I somehow stopped an exam midway and I think that may have done it.
  • Options
    Also found that when crafting an item. The sim will glitch out when it is completed and the item will just sit on the bench. You have to go tell them sim to put it into the inventory or you have to drag it in there for them. They aren't doing it automatically like with the Scientist career crafting bench.
  • Options
    lcbullocklcbullock Posts: 1 New Member
    I have used my perk points to hire 2 additional vets but they have never shown up for work. What am I doing wrong?
  • Options
    Chomper88Chomper88 Posts: 32 Member
    When the cat, Fish, comes into my clinic and I start examining her, it glitches out and the table goes back down. Then the cat goes on like a mission to go do something on the farthest side of the clinic as possible. EVERY TIME!

Anyone else having this issue? I always have to close down the clinic because I cant work on her and I also cannot skip her to work on someone else.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    Yes. But to counter that, click again on the table and select "begin Fish's examination"
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I've had the glitch where people won't pay, I have to dismiss them and take the loss. I've also had the glitch where pets keep getting off the table. Only once for my sim, but multiple times for my vets(even multiple times per exam). I also had the strange occurrence of after greeting the owner instead of going to the table the cat ran to the other side the the neighborhood area. I had to go find it, befriend it, then pick it up and bring it back.
  • Options
    Chomper88Chomper88 Posts: 32 Member
    > @Dijktafone said:
    > Yes. But to counter that, click again on the table and select "begin Fish's examination"

When I do that the table just goes down and it starts all over again. :(

I have just started closing shop whenever I see Fish come in.
  • Options
    Kristen9730Kristen9730 Posts: 98 Member
    I'm having a vet glitch as well. it is just sitting there at unknown, unknown, unknown. is this a glitch?
  • Options
    I'm having a vet glitch as well. it is just sitting there at unknown, unknown, unknown. is this a glitch?

Could be, does it just say that at the beginning of the exam? Or after you've done a few things does it still say that?
  • Options
    I just tried putting in the pet for surgery. and nothing's happening
  • Options
    I reset my sim. seems okay at the moment. might have been just a coincidence that it was the first pet I examined
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I was having this issue as well! No mods or CC~ When I closed the clinic, went home, and then returned (as others have suggested), that worked for me! Hope anyone else having this problem can easily resolve it. :)
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Ok just letting you guys know, so far I had all the same issues you guys have reported so far. The fix that worked for me was closing out of the game and repairing it. I don't have any mods installed at this time and I am working with a pre-built clinic. Try those things and see if they make any difference.
  • Options
    MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    edited November 2017
    I hardly ever bill my patients it seems to be that it auto happens after treating the pet when the Sim goes to talk to them to "explain" what was wrong.
    lcbullock wrote: »
    I have used my perk points to hire 2 additional vets but they have never shown up for work. What am I doing wrong?

@lcbullock did you go in and choose which two employees to hire?
    I just tried putting in the pet for surgery. and nothing's happening
    @Kristen9730 does the pet and Sim not go there or is it just not giving you any options when you click on it after they are in?
  • Options
    MorganMorgan Posts: 10 New Member
    i’m having a different issue. My sim has purchased a vet clinic, but i can’t take strays to the vet? i’ve tried inviting them to the vet but it says there are no sick pets on the lot or no patients have been greeted. i’ve tried buying a table at my house but i still can’t exam the poor kitty. she’s been sick for so long but i don’t want to adopt her, i want to help her.
  • Options
    xXDrewXxxXDrewXx Posts: 69 Member
    Most of the time the billing is done automatically so I don't get to use the bill owner option! I haven't personally experienced an issue.
  • Options
    xXDrewXxxXDrewXx Posts: 69 Member
    Morgan wrote: »
    i’m having a different issue. My sim has purchased a vet clinic, but i can’t take strays to the vet? i’ve tried inviting them to the vet but it says there are no sick pets on the lot or no patients have been greeted. i’ve tried buying a table at my house but i still can’t exam the poor kitty. she’s been sick for so long but i don’t want to adopt her, i want to help her.

Yeah I have the same problem! I'm not sure if it's a problem or if it just wasn't added to the expansion though.
  • Options
    StazybellarosaStazybellarosa Posts: 4 New Member
    Okay my problem is if i do surgery I don't get paid, otherwise it was fine, they auto paid
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top