Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crafting issue

I am having trouble with the medicine and treat crafting station. When I try to craft something, it "finishes" but there is no product. After attempting to craft something the only thing I can do is scrap it. I have tried deleting the station and replacing it, but I get the same issue. I would really like to be able to make pet treats and medicines...any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    BiorasBioras Posts: 50 Member
    Hmm I guess most people are too busy playing as a pet owner and not a vet. There seem to be a couple bugs on the veterinarian side. I'll try reposting issues as veterinarian. In a couple days after the initial cute wears off, maybe more people will try the vet skill.
  • Options
    SimGuruHoutsSimGuruHouts Posts: 73 SimGuru
    Sorry you're running into trouble. Have you checked to make sure you don't have anything in your Sim's inventory after crafting completes?
  • Options
    MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    When I craft something it sits on the table for a few seconds and then disappears into my inventory. Maybe hover over all the items in your inventory and read what they are in case you overlooked any of them? So far all the items I've crafted look different so I could see how it may be easy to miss if you have a full inventory. Otherwise, I don't know what to say! Besides exiting to the main menu and trying again, I wonder if all your saves have this issue or just the one you're currently playing? Good luck!
  • Options
    MoonSim wrote: »
    When I craft something it sits on the table for a few seconds and then disappears into my inventory. Maybe hover over all the items in your inventory and read what they are in case you overlooked any of them? So far all the items I've crafted look different so I could see how it may be easy to miss if you have a full inventory. Otherwise, I don't know what to say! Besides exiting to the main menu and trying again, I No, sorry no full inventory, not even close
  • Options
    Sorry. It seems to be a couple bugs for only vets. If you are not in the vet career, you should be fine.
    Again this is an issues with vets only, Only someone in the vet career might have issues.
  • Options
    MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    What I've had to do is monitor my sims and when they finish the product I put the item in my inventory. Even though it says scrap it is actually done. You can also have employees do it and it auto places it in the machines inventory but they too make one per order. Makes crafting duplicates a pain, especially for treats. They make 1 at a time and customers seem to buy up to 5 at a time.
  • Options
    MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    I created a new Sims to marry into the family and decided he would help around the office. I had him crafting the exam table relaxer and he actually finished them and put them in the inventory but my girl won't. I don't know if its because she's the owner, because she's a old sim from before the launch of a vampire.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    It's not because they're an old sim, in my game the father (who bought the clinic) bugs out at the end of crafting (he does finish making it, I just have to drag it to his inventory when he's finished), but his son, who's existed through several patch cycles as well now, works exactly how he's supposed to, putting stuff into his inventory once he's finished. They're still in the same household, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

The dad's a vampire, the kid is a teen alien, but I ... would be surprised if that actually factored in. :P
  • Options
    shezoeshezoe Posts: 67 Member
    Sjofn wrote: »
    It's not because they're an old sim, in my game the father (who bought the clinic) bugs out at the end of crafting (he does finish making it, I just have to drag it to his inventory when he's finished), but his son, who's existed through several patch cycles as well now, works exactly how he's supposed to, putting stuff into his inventory once he's finished. They're still in the same household, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

The dad's a vampire, the kid is a teen alien, but I ... would be surprised if that actually factored in. :P

i have this same issue but i do have mods so i haven't reported it because i've been too lazy to take them all out agaqin and start a fresh save to test it after i just got everything put back in :P
    Ky1BXMP.jpg
  • Options
    JazzpuzJazzpuz Posts: 83 Member
    I have a different issue with the crafting table: I can craft one item just fine, but when I try to craft again immediately after the sim will just stand there for a while before the action cancels itself out. The same will happen for a while until suddenly they decide to craft something.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Jazzpuz wrote: »
    I have a different issue with the crafting table: I can craft one item just fine, but when I try to craft again immediately after the sim will just stand there for a while before the action cancels itself out. The same will happen for a while until suddenly they decide to craft something.

Hello
    Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

If the issue remains, try selling the crafting station and buy a new one and see if that helps
  • Options
    JazzpuzJazzpuz Posts: 83 Member
    I really don't understand this bug! :D When I played yesterday it happened almost every time I tried crafting. Today, after playing a few hours, with the same sims, I haven't experienced the bug once! And I haven't done anything different. I repaired the game once yesterday, but the bug was still there when I tried playing again.
  • Options
    meredithvmeredithv Posts: 3 New Member
    I've had this problem too! I have a sim working on the vet skill, but she doesn't own a vet clinic, she just has a crafting table at home. The first sim week she was crafting I had no bugs. She would finish crafting, the item would automatically go into her inventory, and treats would sell for 150 simoleans. For some reason (nothing changed, no updates) she would glitch every time I tried to have her craft something. She will get to the end of crafting and then very quickly do the glitch t-pose and the crafted item will be on the table. I can click on it and select "Continue" but nothing actually happens. I can drag the unfinished thing into her inventory, but they don't sell for as much as the non glitched treats (maybe 50 simoleans max). I tried resetting the table, resetting my sim, deleting the table and buying a new one, restarting the game, restarting my computer, removing all my cc (I don't use mods), and repairing my game like 20 times. The glitch persists. ☹️
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    edited December 2017
    meredithv wrote: »
    I've had this problem too! I have a sim working on the vet skill, but she doesn't own a vet clinic, she just has a crafting table at home. The first sim week she was crafting I had no bugs. She would finish crafting, the item would automatically go into her inventory, and treats would sell for 150 simoleans. For some reason (nothing changed, no updates) she would glitch every time I tried to have her craft something. She will get to the end of crafting and then very quickly do the glitch t-pose and the crafted item will be on the table. I can click on it and select "Continue" but nothing actually happens. I can drag the unfinished thing into her inventory, but they don't sell for as much as the non glitched treats (maybe 50 simoleans max). I tried resetting the table, resetting my sim, deleting the table and buying a new one, restarting the game, restarting my computer, removing all my cc (I don't use mods), and repairing my game like 20 times. The glitch persists. ☹️

I have exactly the same bug with No Mods or CC. When the Treat Crafting comes to its conclusion an LE Error is thrown. This happens every time quite consistently. @rosemow do you know if this has this been reported as a bug to EA?

Edit: Found it on the EA Answers site: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Can-t-craft-medicine/td-p/6418050/page/3

Edit: The Marketable Trait (trait_Marketable) is incompatible with crafting medicine/treats on the Vet Crafting Station. If you remove the Marketable trait the Vet Crafting Station works without errors.
    Post edited by Cyclelegs on