The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So many dirty dogs!

Every time I go to the dog park most of the NPCs dogs arrive really dirty. I know my Sims are all new to pet ownership but really they must know how to use a bathtub!? lol :D Anyone else experience this?

PnemEjU.jpg
e1RpWF9.jpg
mg3G41U.jpg

Comments

• Options
    xXDrewXxxXDrewXx Posts: 69 Member
    Yeah, I noticed my dogs can get really dirty really quick too sometimes! It's such a nightmare when they all need a bath and to pee etc at the same time :D
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I have a lot of dirty strays around town. Keep away from that poodle. I think it may be rabid. It's foaming at the mouth.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I'm running into a lot of dirty pooches as well! Every time I come back to the Delgato family, Blue is absolutely filthy. And the Landgraab's prize toy dog I gave them is always noticeably dirty as well. Even in the stream and so many others' gameplay vids Rosie has been dirty too! I know dogs don't clean themselves, but...you're right! Most pet owners are gonna have a tub right there!
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I've noticed some strays that got sprayed by skunks too.
  • Options
    JimG72 wrote: »
    I've noticed some strays that got sprayed by skunks too.

Wait... there are skunks? I haven't seen any skunks.

• Options
    Chomper88Chomper88 Posts: 32 Member
    > @SageRainWillow said:
    > JimG72 wrote: »
    >
    > I've noticed some strays that got sprayed by skunks too.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Wait... there are skunks? I haven't seen any skunks.

You don't see the skunk, unfortunately, but when your sim is near a animal that got sprayed they will have a negative mood.
  • Options
    Chomper88Chomper88 Posts: 32 Member
    I have also noticed that there is always poop every where and trash plants because no one picks it up!

I had my sim go around BB and clean up all of it :(
  • Options
    Ahhh, thanks. I did see a squirrel jumping around in the new neighborhood and thought maybe I missed the skunk.

• Options
    RenbunnyRenbunny Posts: 3 New Member
    Yep, the NPCs dogs are always dirty and so are the strays. It's just... sad. Makes it look like everyone's mistreating their dogs in that neighbourhood.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Would they wash their dogs if there was a tub at the park? Like in a bathroom?
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »
    Would they wash their dogs if there was a tub at the park? Like in a bathroom?

I put two bathtubs in my dog park and no NPC used them to wash their dogs. They do use it to bathe themselves though lol. :D
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 923 Member
    they should make it so once you friends with other pets you can bathe and feed them.
  • Options
    NellyStardustNellyStardust Posts: 24 New Member
    I have a slightly different issue with dirty dogs - my own Sim's dogs often have stink clouds, without their fur looking dirty. I bathe them and the stink clouds go away, but they soon come back even without the dog doing anything that would make him dirty. I just cheat his needs and the stink cloud goes away, but I really don't understand why it's happening!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I don't think npc dogs in households should get dirty
    also theirs the trouble of strays wanting to be let out side to poo even though they are outside
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    TaliferinaTaliferina Posts: 46 Member
    > @Bol756 said:
    > they should make it so once you friends with other pets you can bathe and feed them.

You can actually! I noticed all the dirty strays wandering around my lot (it has the dog/cat hangout perks) and thought; well, at least I can run a grooming parlour kind of for strays. Put a tub outside, befriended the dogs, then gave them baths! Some dogs were unhappy about it, but they let me do it anyways.
    0sCPiZh.png
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    PnemEjU.jpg
    ^---

I'm sorry if I am off topic but the brown chihuahua's face made me LOL very hard.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I have a slightly different issue with dirty dogs - my own Sim's dogs often have stink clouds, without their fur looking dirty. I bathe them and the stink clouds go away, but they soon come back even without the dog doing anything that would make him dirty. I just cheat his needs and the stink cloud goes away, but I really don't understand why it's happening!

Are they sick, maybe?

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    NellyStardustNellyStardust Posts: 24 New Member
    > @Cynna said:
    > NellyStardust wrote: »
    >
    > I have a slightly different issue with dirty dogs - my own Sim's dogs often have stink clouds, without their fur looking dirty. I bathe them and the stink clouds go away, but they soon come back even without the dog doing anything that would make him dirty. I just cheat his needs and the stink cloud goes away, but I really don't understand why it's happening!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are they sick, maybe?

I hadn't even thought of that, to be honest. I don't have any option to ask What's Wrong, which I thought would be available if they were sick. But I'll take them to the vet and check.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

Are they sick, maybe?

The middle one with the pink bow looks very happy lol :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    madhat22madhat22 Posts: 6 New Member
    Ive noticed that too. I created a vet and all the dogs leave filthy. We need a dog washing station to put in parks and the vet.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,696 Member
    Yeah, it's so gross. D: Maybe my sim needs to start a dog grooming center. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    oh wow! autumn is quite artistic! I'm going to need to find a place for her in my game for sure
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    allieb028allieb028 Posts: 44 Member
    There are tons of dirty pets that you see! Even in the Vet Career, most of them are dirty when their owners bring them. I wish you could just bathe them in the Vet place lol!