Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animal Groomer's

HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
If we ever do get a small pets pack, I remember them saying they didn't want to do Pet stores because everything that is happening with The puppy mill thing, Do not Quote me, It is not word for word. But if they could not, I was thinking it would be cool to have The Pet Groomer's Career. I still want Pet shops in the sims, but they could add things like

-Trim nails
-Wash and blow dry
-give you the option of going into Cas, So if you wanted there look to be different you can.( for story telling)
-New clothes, bows, and collars, and costumes
-Cute new interactive objects for a Grooming Salon
-They could stay cleaner longer when you go
-other new animals, different ways to groom them too
- Chinese Crested breed added
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Pet groomers are perfectly fine with me I'm actually surprised they didn't add it.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    redrogue60 wrote: »
    Pet groomers are perfectly fine with me I'm actually surprised they didn't add it.

Yeah I hope they add a small pets pack:)) and the more Career's the better:)))
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Frankly and I’m speaking in terms to the game, I don’t understand how a puppy mill would even be a thought to simmers whilst playing a pet store in sims 4. I can understand the rumored hesitance but then as Developers why can’t they simple have a pet supply store and have an adoption section instead of something that suggested private breeders. You could just plop down a small area full of puppies or kittens and have ADOPT ME written on a sign somewhere along with varies photos and details of a town shelter, implying they came from a shelter instead of a breeder. NPC staff could come up to you and mention a special event behind their reason for being in the shop, some days it’s adult animals, elders and then kittens, or a mix of both if you have related pets. Say a mom and her babies, or a parent, their offspring and a single grand baby. Again staff can come up and maybe hint towards you taking all of them home as a family, or bringing in friends to adopt them separately but it means they can be reunited at the park or with play dates. I know this is a little off topic but if they didn’t want to upset anyone with the idea of a puppy mill, that would be a could way to go about deflecting the idea before it even becomes focused on.

In terms to groomers, yes I would love to see that. Maybe we could also have someone come out and do home visits if our sim didn’t have the energy or means to visit their business, or perhaps their dog is elderly and cannot be taken very far.

I’d also like to see some some sort of special feature adding to the staff/building that would make taking your animals to the business worth the walk, also the ability to turn your own home into a business and have neighbours come for cheaper trims.
    However with both business and home, if your animal and another townies animal get along, they have the ability to run off together and disappear, only to return later on looking worse than they did when they were taken to the groomers and maybe be having a litter of their own. Of course this spells problems for the business regardless of the fact it isn’t their fault.
    On the topic of things that could happen to disturb income, maybe if your staff aren’t trained well enough they can slip up and take too much off the top so to speak, your pet goes in a little dirty and comes out looking derpy as anything. Their fur is poorly done and the colors been changed and maybe they’re even a different breed and not your pet at all.

With a pack like this I’d rather it be a game one and worked somewhat intensely upon. Meaning instead of just stuff and rabbit holes, we get feature gameplay and new machanics to play with. Maybe they put your cat and a neighbours cat in the same drying machine and sparks fly, you let them out and weeks later your staff are footing the bill for the pitter patter of lil paws.
    With the grooming skill you can also trim up human sims and create a thriving salon business for pets and their owners.
    Of course you need to learn up before you can make it to the top and any slips mean you get bad publicity and lose customers.
    Machines can malfunction and cause fires, hurt sims and maybe even leave one of them with a one way ticket to the cemetery.
    If your sim is in the science career maybe they can modify the dryer to also clone a pet, this can be a mischief feature and when Fluffy walks out with her new twin, you have no idea what to say to her owner.

If it was possible to have new animals, it would make sense to have ones that would require a lot of care, if this was a pack about grooming and introducing new styles of play, I’d say to add horses of varying breeds, the hairer the better, or perhaps cows, however instead of milk, you have a special type made for just keeping as a pet, strange but this is sims, we can get eaten by plants and impregnated by aliens and turn blue by eating the wrong ice cream if we’re not careful so cows don’t seem that odd.

These are just some ideas. Sorry for the ramble

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    Frankly and I’m speaking in terms to the game, I don’t understand how a puppy mill would even be a thought to simmers whilst playing a pet store in sims 4. I can understand the rumored hesitance but then as Developers why can’t they simple have a pet supply store and have an adoption section instead of something that suggested private breeders.

This has a lot to do with real-life, unfortunately.

You may have missed the Sims 3 battle over pet stores, which was back when the campaign against puppy mills in real life was beginning to gain traction. There was entrenched opposition to the idea of having a pet store in the game, to the point I sometimes wonder if the developers did not cut content from that expansion pack in reaction to the heavy forum opposition. Even then, in the minds of some players, the idea of a pet store had been so tainted by the concept of puppy mills that they could not tolerate it in-game.

This heavy opposition, combined with the real-life campaign against puppy mills, is why there hasn't been a pet store since Sims 2.

And, with Sims 4, I think they had a choice: Either do a form of in-Sim adoption, or add the vet career. I'm personally happy with the choice they made.

I do like your other ideas, though.
  • Options
    Frankly and I’m speaking in terms to the game, I don’t understand how a puppy mill would even be a thought to simmers whilst playing a pet store in sims 4. I can understand the rumored hesitance but then as Developers why can’t they simple have a pet supply store and have an adoption section instead of something that suggested private breeders. You could just plop down a small area full of puppies or kittens and have ADOPT ME written on a sign somewhere along with varies photos and details of a town shelter, implying they came from a shelter instead of a breeder. NPC staff could come up to you and mention a special event behind their reason for being in the shop, some days it’s adult animals, elders and then kittens, or a mix of both if you have related pets. Say a mom and her babies, or a parent, their offspring and a single grand baby. Again staff can come up and maybe hint towards you taking all of them home as a family, or bringing in friends to adopt them separately but it means they can be reunited at the park or with play dates. I know this is a little off topic but if they didn’t want to upset anyone with the idea of a puppy mill, that would be a could way to go about deflecting the idea before it even becomes focused on.

In terms to groomers, yes I would love to see that. Maybe we could also have someone come out and do home visits if our sim didn’t have the energy or means to visit their business, or perhaps their dog is elderly and cannot be taken very far.

I’d also like to see some some sort of special feature adding to the staff/building that would make taking your animals to the business worth the walk, also the ability to turn your own home into a business and have neighbours come for cheaper trims.
    However with both business and home, if your animal and another townies animal get along, they have the ability to run off together and disappear, only to return later on looking worse than they did when they were taken to the groomers and maybe be having a litter of their own. Of course this spells problems for the business regardless of the fact it isn’t their fault.
    On the topic of things that could happen to disturb income, maybe if your staff aren’t trained well enough they can slip up and take too much off the top so to speak, your pet goes in a little dirty and comes out looking derpy as anything. Their fur is poorly done and the colors been changed and maybe they’re even a different breed and not your pet at all.

With a pack like this I’d rather it be a game one and worked somewhat intensely upon. Meaning instead of just stuff and rabbit holes, we get feature gameplay and new machanics to play with. Maybe they put your cat and a neighbours cat in the same drying machine and sparks fly, you let them out and weeks later your staff are footing the bill for the pitter patter of lil paws.
    With the grooming skill you can also trim up human sims and create a thriving salon business for pets and their owners.
    Of course you need to learn up before you can make it to the top and any slips mean you get bad publicity and lose customers.
    Machines can malfunction and cause fires, hurt sims and maybe even leave one of them with a one way ticket to the cemetery.
    If your sim is in the science career maybe they can modify the dryer to also clone a pet, this can be a mischief feature and when Fluffy walks out with her new twin, you have no idea what to say to her owner.

If it was possible to have new animals, it would make sense to have ones that would require a lot of care, if this was a pack about grooming and introducing new styles of play, I’d say to add horses of varying breeds, the hairer the better, or perhaps cows, however instead of milk, you have a special type made for just keeping as a pet, strange but this is sims, we can get eaten by plants and impregnated by aliens and turn blue by eating the wrong ice cream if we’re not careful so cows don’t seem that odd.

These are just some ideas. Sorry for the ramble

I love all your Idea's, That would be so cool:)) I get real excited too:)))
    Frankly and I’m speaking in terms to the game, I don’t understand how a puppy mill would even be a thought to simmers whilst playing a pet store in sims 4. I can understand the rumored hesitance but then as Developers why can’t they simple have a pet supply store and have an adoption section instead of something that suggested private breeders.

This has a lot to do with real-life, unfortunately.

You may have missed the Sims 3 battle over pet stores, which was back when the campaign against puppy mills in real life was beginning to gain traction. There was entrenched opposition to the idea of having a pet store in the game, to the point I sometimes wonder if the developers did not cut content from that expansion pack in reaction to the heavy forum opposition. Even then, in the minds of some players, the idea of a pet store had been so tainted by the concept of puppy mills that they could not tolerate it in-game.

This heavy opposition, combined with the real-life campaign against puppy mills, is why there hasn't been a pet store since Sims 2.

And, with Sims 4, I think they had a choice: Either do a form of in-Sim adoption, or add the vet career. I'm personally happy with the choice they made.

I do like your other ideas, though.

Yeah I get were they are coming from, I would love a pet store, but I am really excited about the Vet Career:)) It was a great choice:)))
  • Options
    tachy0nictachy0nic Posts: 5 New Member
    Groomers would be great. Perhaps as an added function of the vet clinics, or a separate kind of vet clinic that specializes in grooming rather than treating sick pets?

I would also love for there to be an option to schedule a one-time or recurring dog walker. Could be a cool addition to the jobs that teens could have!
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    edited November 2017
    Frankly and I’m speaking in terms to the game, I don’t understand how a puppy mill would even be a thought to simmers whilst playing a pet store in sims 4.
    Puppy mills are the first thing I think of when I think of a pet store. There might not be any in the sims world, but buying pets from a store is already something which is not discouraged enough by our society. That said, pet stores with grooming (that don't sell pets) and adoption centers would have been great alternatives.
  • Options
    Karallyne wrote: »
    Frankly and I’m speaking in terms to the game, I don’t understand how a puppy mill would even be a thought to simmers whilst playing a pet store in sims 4.
    Puppy mills are the first thing I think of when I think of a pet store. There might not be any in the sims world, but buying pets from a store is already something which is not discouraged enough by our society. That said, pet stores with grooming (that don't sell pets) and adoption centers would have been great alternatives.

That would be a great alternative:))
  • Options
    LEXIISHOTTLEXIISHOTT Posts: 2 New Member
    I want a groomer job so bad. Where you can bring in clients, get options of different cuts to do depending on your "groomer" skill level. A special groomers bath, table, clippers, blow dryer, nail trimmers, ear cleaners, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 gland squeezing, ect. It would be a cool job to do and would fit really well in the game.
  • Options
    irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    Labeling it a pet supply store would go a long way or you could just have the grooming salon as a location and have the option to sell pet supplies there as well. I think keeping the adoption the way it is would involve the least amount of controversy.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top