Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buying from Target w/cartwheel?

Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
Alright, so Target is doing something for their cartwheel app and there is a 50% off for all Sims 4 Expansions (C&D's being included in the offer)

The problem is, that EP isn't out yet, and the coupon is for in-store redemption.

Now, this wouldn't be a problem....if the fact was that the closest target to me is an hour out.

Is it possible that I can call my target and ask to reserve a copy for the 10th? kinda like Walmarts pick-up? Just so I don't drive out just to find out that they've sold out of copies for C&D's. (Gas is expensive >.>)

Also, is it still possible to use the 50% off barcode if no physical copies are availible?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    doesn't hurt to call your local store and ask, right? i think that would be more reliable than anything we could tell you
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    doesn't hurt to call your local store and ask, right? i think that would be more reliable than anything we could tell you

^yeah. You could also ask them how many they have in stock if they won't reserve it. I've never seen them sell out of TS4 during sales, but I've only shopped for it the last couple of months & I don't think there are many simmers in my area. Also.. if gas is expensive where you are, would you still be saving enough to make it worth it?
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    Also.. if gas is expensive where you are, would you still be saving enough to make it worth it?

this was my thought as well, lol
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    Alright, so Target is doing something for their cartwheel app and there is a 50% off for all Sims 4 Expansions (C&D's being included in the offer)

The problem is, that EP isn't out yet, and the coupon is for in-store redemption.

Now, this wouldn't be a problem....if the fact was that the closest target to me is an hour out.

Is it possible that I can call my target and ask to reserve a copy for the 10th? kinda like Walmarts pick-up? Just so I don't drive out just to find out that they've sold out of copies for C&D's. (Gas is expensive >.>)

Also, is it still possible to use the 50% off barcode if no physical copies are availible?

I’m sure they will hold a copy aside (for a few hours) in case they sell out, but depending on their stock that may not be an issue.

In the event that they do sell out of the boxes, I’m not sure. I would assume no, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask about a raincheck since the coupon is only valid through the 11th.
  • Options
    Thanks for everyone’s replies, it’s just I never done this before, that’s why I’m asking XD

@JillianLauren Yeah, It would, it’s just where I live, stuff tends to be picked over and sold out before I get there, so…driving does tend to get expensive.

I called and no one picked up, much to my disappointment, so I’ll try to call later or tomorrow when it’s supposed to come out…early...in the morning....when they open....like a blackfriday shopper
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,971 Member
    I called my Target this morning and was told they were in stock and would be on the shelves tomorrow. I didn't ask if they would hold it. I'm going to call again at 10 tonight, they close at 11, just to double-check.
  • Options
    Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    I used to work at a target several years ago. They may not set one aside for you today, but if you call first thing in the morning and let them know when you'll be there, im sure theyd be happy to put one aside.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    I just checked at the 50% off was only for the Sims 4 base game. Where did you see it was for the expansions?
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    I just checked at the 50% off was only for the Sims 4 base game. Where did you see it was for the expansions?

The one bar code is for base game and all expansions.
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member

The one bar code is for base game and all expansions.

Ooh, okay cool.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    SimsVip has a pic of the ad here. Shows Cats& Dogs is included in the sale.
    https://simsvip.com/2017/11/05/sims-4-cats-dogs-get-50-off-friday-target/
  • Options
    SimsimsSimsims Posts: 1 New Member
    Can I use the barcode today for one of the expansion packs, and then use the SAME barcode for Cats & Dogs tomorrow? Or do I need another account?
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    Simsims wrote: »
    Can I use the barcode today for one of the expansion packs, and then use the SAME barcode for Cats & Dogs tomorrow? Or do I need another account?

I believe you can use the same code. The terms and conditions state that the barcode can be used up to 6 times a day. So you could use it today and then tomorrow for C&D
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    When my coupon printed, it said Sims 4 all platforms.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited November 2017
    The barcode is your barcode on cartwheel. Not the sims barcode. You can usually buy up to four items in a sale at a time, and you can use it each time for up to 6 sets of items . And you can use your cartwheel up to 6 times a day. Think 4-6-6. If there are any diferences the cartwheel will tell you that in its notes. So technically you could buy 24 games a day. Just make sure to add it to your list. They also put coupons on there for one thing. And they will put offers on there as well. I have used those barcodes multiple times.
    Post edited by Katlyn2525 on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I called again (around 17:30 EST, I try not to call too much, I've only called once yesterday and once this afternoon)

They did pick up this time, finally (3rd times the charm, in this case : P), and they said they can put one aside tomorrow if I call in the morning, as it technically isn't out yet on the shelves, so I'll have to remember to do that.

So that answers the question if its possible to hold a game before release, which is no...but is possible if you call on the release XD

(Edited for proper reading XD)
    Post edited by Neechan1 on
  • Options
    I'm glad they'll hold a copy for you. My Target is only about 5 minutes away so I plan on being there when they open at 8.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 763 Member
    I called the two closest Targets to me and neither carried a copies. I guess I'll wait for another sale.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I just bought mine this morning. Got there right as they opened and they hadn't even put it out on the shelf yet. Be sure to download the coupon from the app. :smile:
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    Got mine! Had to wait around 30 minutes because it wasn't on the shelf.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I called two different stores one last time and finally got my copy on hold for pick-up tomorrow! : D (I had to call 2 targets as the first 1 didn't have it in stock >.>)

Since the coupon doesn't expire until the 11th, Me, my sister and mom are going to make a day out of it