Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop Multitasking ?

Would anybody else want an option to turn off multitasking for sims ? Unless you control it ? EX: Sim is watching Tv with a friend but the friend doesn't start a conversation unless you have the option turned on or if you start the conversation.

Comments

• Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    People who doesn't like multitasking feature should just go back to other Sims games..
    Multitasking is one of the best features of TS4.
  • Options
    Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    People who doesn't like multitasking feature should just go back to other Sims games..

That's a good way of looking at it , trust me I love multitasking too but I think it gets too much at times many cause sometimes it gets buggy. That would be the only reason why I would want to disable it.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I have a love/hate relationship with multitasking. Its brilliant and it adds realism but at the same time there are times when i just want my sim to get on with something without having conversations slow my sim down or cause my sim to play musical chairs.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    If I don't want them to multitask I just cancel the additional interactions I didn't pick (like conversations or watching art). Then they usually just go on with whatever action they're supposed to do. But yes, other times I love the multitasking (especially at birthday parties, weddings and family breakfasts :D)
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I love multitasking in S4. Its honestly one of the reasons I adore the game. It adds a lot of depth for me and realism. Like the previous poster stated, it’s a hoot to watch too during gatherings. Although, I will admit it gets a bit annoying when I need them to get on with a certain task say eating and decide to view art or daydream about a family member, but I usually take control during those times and just cancel those out.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I don’t think they can really turn off multitasking. It’s sort of integral to the sims 4! But I sure wish my sims would stop eating and drinking on the toilet.
  • Options
    PutinaPutina Posts: 28 New Member
    I like multitask.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I don’t think they can really turn off multitasking. It’s sort of integral to the sims 4! But I sure wish my sims would stop eating and drinking on the toilet.

Can’t you cancel out the food action? Won’t they just put it in their inventory?
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »

Can’t you cancel out the food action? Won’t they just put it in their inventory?

I don’t recall If I can or not. But it still is annoying every time!
  • Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    It was a good idea, but poorly executed, if it was working well it would be great.
    gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    ItsJanier wrote: »
    People who lack reading comprehension skills should go back to school.
    Multitasking doesn't always work well and can easily waste more time than it tries to save.
    Quite often the attempt to add realism through multitasking makes the scenario unrealistic when it malfunctions.
    MissCherie wrote: »
    It was a good idea, but poorly executed, if it was working well it would be great.
    I agree.
  • Options
    ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    Doesn't it stop when you turn off autonomy?
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    ToastyChan wrote: »
    Doesn't it stop when you turn off autonomy?

I actually dont know, i forgot about this option. I would assume so.
  • Options
    camille mcalooncamille mcaloon Posts: 58 Member
    [quote="ItsJanier;c-16137938"]People who doesn't like multitasking feature should just go back to other Sims games..
    Multitasking is one of the best features of TS4.[/quote]

Yep you can get hubger social and fun done at tge same time bfore school and ir work. But sims 3 mt was best but sims 4 is more realistic mt.I prefer realistic.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited November 2017
    Toggles for core features are not possible in TS4.

Multitasking should get improved IMO. I would hate to see it go if we ever get TS5. It's a very neat feature that's incredibly useful if you learn your way around it and it would be a shame if they dropped it just because they couldn't exactly get it right in TS4. Unfortunately, that's exactly what Maxis people do so I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a TS4 exclusive.