Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CATS AND DOGS 50% OFF!

That didn't take long at all LOL. Cats & Dogs will be 50% off starting from now till a day after the launch. 🐸🐸🐸🐸
https://simsvip.com/2017/11/05/sims-4-cats-dogs-get-50-off-friday-target/
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Not sure if smart business decision or completely desperate move...

Both?
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited November 2017
    But.. Target doesn't exist in England.. (does it?)

I know these are US forums but Idk I guess I'll wait for black Friday or smth
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I did plan to buy it eventually on sale but sadly I don't think Target works with my country...

I'll just wait then, I'm really not in a rush to get it, I did the same with City Living...
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited November 2017
    Just checked and the coupon is not for The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, it only applies to The Sims 4 base game.

Update #2 even though the cartwheel app only lists The Sims 4 base game, a representative confirmed the coupon is actually good for all Sims 4 packs sold in store.
    Post edited by drake_mccarty on
  • Options
    umbralshadowsumbralshadows Posts: 212 Member
    Just checked and the coupon is not for The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, it only applies to The Sims 4 base game.

tha sims 4 50 off will apply ta cats an dogs to [ya can use tha same barcode for it] or so i heard
    umbralsimoirsig.png
    lookin for lets players an reviewers for tha short/demo version a my game
    download here
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,593 Member
    I generally, anymore, make my purchase directly from Origin. Why not? Owning a disk doesn't help. Why expend the gas money to travel to a Brick and Mortar? Why? Hey, Origin, may I have a slight discount, please? It's okay, you can just give me credit toward the next pack, I don't mind.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    HozrienHozrien Posts: 139 Member
    Oooh, yay!
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member

EA doesn't own Target. It's a Target sale....not an EA sale. Sounds like an oversight by Target.....most retailers would exempt a brand-new expansion from such a deal. Their oversight is our gain.
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I've always purchased the physical disk with expansion packs. Sims 4 is the first time I've ever downloaded anything. I'll be going to one of my local stores that normally sell the expansions for $10-$15 dollars less.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited November 2017
    I generally, anymore, make my purchase directly from Origin. Why not? Owning a disk doesn't help. Why expend the gas money to travel to a Brick and Mortar? Why?

I live 3 miles from a Target and shop there regularly....so definitely won't cost me $20 in gas money to get there. I generally prefer disc purchases over digital for multiple reasons. #1 - I can trade games back in if I'm done playing them. #2 - I can sell the discs to others if I'm done playing them...did that with Sims 2 and sold off the entire bundle with all my packs to someone for a decent price. #3 - I can give disc games to other such as my nieces and nephews when I'm done playing them. Can't do any of those things with digital download purchases.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I'm curious, does the region matter for this code to be redeemed on Origin? I've heard of regional codes being an issue.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,198 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »

EA doesn't own Target. It's a Target sale....not an EA sale. Sounds like an oversight by Target.....most retailers would exempt a brand-new expansion from such a deal. Their oversight is our gain.

Target always have sms stuff on sale . Sims 4 especialy . It might be both , they probably awant more people to buy the game in the begening as possible
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited November 2017
    Target does that quite a lot with games. It is free and is s good app. I have saved about 700 USD by just using the app alone. More by stacking coupons and using the app.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sales are always nice with packs. I should have waited a bit longer myself, but oh well.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Ha <3 gotta love Target. Now that's the sale i'm talking about!
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    You can also get a key code for TS4 C&D for a little over $30 from cdkeys or instantgaming.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    I generally, anymore, make my purchase directly from Origin. Why not? Owning a disk doesn't help. Why expend the gas money to travel to a Brick and Mortar? Why? Hey, Origin, may I have a slight discount, please? It's okay, you can just give me credit toward the next pack, I don't mind.

I purchase from Origin when it makes sense, but I'll drive a few minutes down the road to Target when it will save me $20, lol. But if you're hours away from Target, then yeah, would be silly. Also, even though I purchase from Target I never get a disk for TS4. Inside the case is a digital download code.

• Options
    kittykateyeskittykateyes Posts: 41 Member
    not a ea move for sure must just be them but im so so happy it comes out on my birthday!!
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    No Targets here in Canada anyway. I will buy it full price at EB.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    tobumon wrote: »

@tobumon looks like you can order online and it's just a digital code anyway. Do you think it's region locked?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    You can also get a key code for TS4 C&D for a little over $30 from cdkeys or instantgaming.
    Yeah that's where I bought mine, but regretting it now, oh well. It was $32.60 there.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Hilarious
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    tobumon wrote: »

@tobumon looks like you can order online and it's just a digital code anyway. Do you think it's region locked?

You can get the coupon online, but you have to physically go into the store to redeem it.