Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires and Pets?

We might not have burglars but we have vampires who occasionally break in to get that sweet plasma. I wonder if pets will react to those late night visits.

Comments

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I heard pets can scare or startle the vampires when they try to break in... This makes me wonder why burglars are still not in the game lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I heard pets can scare or startle the vampires when they try to break in... This makes me wonder why burglars are still not in the game lol

Ooh, where did you hear that?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited November 2017

edit: actually, I think it was the ironseagull interview.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Honestly don't remember. I think it was in a thread on this forum or it could be from a video.

Now that I think of it it might be from the questionaire with SimGuruRomeo from ironseagull but I'm not sure.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

On the last livestream :)

:O pets can scare off vampires, AND vampires can actually drink their pets blood (Indirectly, they can make plasma packs from pets with the surgery table)

I'm LOVING the cross gameplay here. Reminds me of sims 2 days.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    LucidDreamingLucidDreaming Posts: 6 New Member
    Wait vampires can break in? I have never had this happen, that is so cool. And yeah I noticed that there are no burglars anymore, I wonder why? Maybe the vampires drank all their plasma? lol
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    We might not have burglars but we have vampires who occasionally break in to get that sweet plasma. I wonder if pets will react to those late night visits.

I think it was said dogs would bark. I have no had a vampire break in except once or twice. They'll walk up to the door and either stand there forever or just turn and leave. I'm not sure why as I had no garlic and no doors were locked. I hope pets might have unique reactions/interactions to aliens and vampires.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2017

On the last livestream :)

:O pets can scare off vampires, AND vampires can actually drink their pets blood (Indirectly, they can make plasma packs from pets with the surgery table)

I'm LOVING the cross gameplay here. Reminds me of sims 2 days.

Now I need a vampire vet with the surname Acula.

You might not wanna take your pet to Dr. Acula, though.

Maybe his/her office could be the budget vet option...

Low Simoleon Pet Care - Bloody Good Deals! (Other payment methods are available)
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »

I think it was said dogs would bark. I have no had a vampire break in except once or twice. They'll walk up to the door and either stand there forever or just turn and leave. I'm not sure why as I had no garlic and no doors were locked. I hope pets might have unique reactions/interactions to aliens and vampires.

One of my Sims lives in "cursed apartment" and he gets visited at least once a week lol. And garlic doesn't keep those grand master vampires away anymore. He needs a guard raccoon! :D I hope brave or loyal pets might even attack vampires.
  • Options
    Wyx2830Wyx2830 Posts: 129 Member
    @Zeldaboy180 that's Sounds a great !but how can we do in next time,honestly!
  • Options
    Wyx2830Wyx2830 Posts: 129 Member
    Why the EA doing some break though to gameplay!like add a career or occupation about god of death or different ghost type unlock different super power
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I'm planning on building a mansion by the lighthouse and moving in a vampire there. He'll have 7 pets and love the isolation from humans. I really hope that pets won't get tense around vampire or alien Sims and that interacting with pets won't affect negatively those Sims who have the loner trait.
  • Options
    MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    I just had a random thought... so the burglars are too scary for sensitive simmers, but vampires breaking to your house in the middle of the night to drink your (sim's) blood are not traumatic at all? :D Yeah, seems logical to me...
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I just had a random thought... so the burglars are too scary for sensitive simmers, but vampires breaking to your house in the middle of the night to drink your (sim's) blood are not traumatic at all? :D Yeah, seems logical to me...

I don't think that rumor is true. If it was then where are the police and fireman? We might not need the police but we definitely need fireman. I think there just retweeking the npcs. If you have a burglar come in your house but the door is locked how would that work also there's a lot of sims that walk around your house at night so how would they react. Remember there is no cars would the robbers walk to your house and how about the fireman and police ? If you notice all the npcs we do have do not need cars. Robbers might not but if they start running on your lot you can see them run when the police come and they don't give chase would look silly. Especially since robbers always take my sims tv lol that was a concern last pack how can they take the tv and run and get away. Makes sense for a getaway car.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

I'm pretty sure that "argument" was never cofirmed. I'm not sure where it comes from, but one of YouTubers mentioned it in his video and the community just bought it (as the Sims community do).
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member

I dont think that was really said. I hope we get burglars with a pre patch either for Pets or for another GP/EP at some point.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

I think that one of those "sensitive simmers" blew a comment out of proportions and others just jumped on the bandwagon. :D
  • Options
    So pets can scare off vampires but vampires can take their blood? is this true?

I read that you need to have the "surgery station" for it. Pets won't be harmed by this!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I'm pretty sure that "argument" was never cofirmed. I'm not sure where it comes from, but one of YouTubers mentioned it in his video and the community just bought it (as the Sims community do).

It comes from one of the forum members and was reported on one of the main blogs. Don't remember which one. The thread is probably still around somewhere if you look for burglar-related threads. Some people feel this idea was confirmed in the live stream (that it could be triggering for some people). Personally I'd have to rewatch that part cause I don't remember it, but it's possible there's a mention to it somewhere. I for one would love burglars to come back but well, not too sure that's gonna happen anytime soon (except for the occasional vampire and I love dogs will actually bark at them - on that note, does anyone have a source?).
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

It comes from one of the forum members and was reported on one of the main blogs. Don't remember which one. The thread is probably still around somewhere if you look for burglar-related threads. Some people feel this idea was confirmed in the live stream (that it could be triggering for some people). Personally I'd have to rewatch that part cause I don't remember it, but it's possible there's a mention to it somewhere. I for one would love burglars to come back but well, not too sure that's gonna happen anytime soon (except for the occasional vampire and I love dogs will actually bark at them - on that note, does anyone have a source?).

I've watched so many videos I can't be 100%, but I'm fairly sure I saw it mentioned in this video interview by Iron Seagull:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VIyxGQBTYk
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I think pets should react negatively if a vampire attempts to stroke them. That way you'll know if they're a vampire or not.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I think pets should react negatively if a vampire attempts to stroke them. That way you'll know if they're a vampire or not.

Not so great if it's a vampire's pet though.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited November 2017
    AND vampires can actually drink their pets blood (Indirectly, they can make plasma packs from pets with the surgery table)

OMG that sounds somehow horrible :o
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    kittykateyeskittykateyes Posts: 41 Member
    maybe theres a way o train them to
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I've watched so many videos I can't be 100%, but I'm fairly sure I saw it mentioned in this video interview by Iron Seagull:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VIyxGQBTYk

Thx haven't seen that one yet, will watch :)