Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small animal pack

Comments

• Options
    ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    I can't say it's something I'd be very interested in. Maybe way further down the line. I'd rather see some new, fresh ideas.
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    ysa88 wrote: »
    I can't say it's something I'd be very interested in. Maybe way further down the line. I'd rather see some new, fresh ideas.

small animals that aren't objects would be fresh
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    If this pack comes out one day, I hope there are aquariums in which sims can actually feed the fish. The ones we currently have are just for storing fish, but you cannot feed them or treat them as a pet.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    If this pack comes out one day, I hope there are aquariums in which sims can actually feed the fish. The ones we currently have are just for storing fish, but you cannot feed them or treat them as a pet.

I don't want or need fish to be feedable. If you start feeding then, then you will have to clean the tank and fish will die and need to be replaced. As they are now, they are a decoration to enjoy with none of the other work that would come with feeding them. And what does "treat them as a pet" mean? You can't play with them, you can't pet them, you can't cuddle them, you can't take them for walks. What do you want to do with a fish, other than feed them, that you can't do?
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I don't want or need fish to be feedable. If you start feeding then, then you will have to clean the tank and fish will die and need to be replaced. As they are now, they are a decoration to enjoy with none of the other work that would come with feeding them. And what does "treat them as a pet" mean? You can't play with them, you can't pet them, you can't cuddle them, you can't take them for walks. What do you want to do with a fish, other than feed them, that you can't do?

What I mean is that you cannot take care of them as a pet in any way, such as feed them, clean their tank, or anything like that. You might not miss those interactions but I do, I would like them as pets rather than just decoration, since fish are small pets too just like hamsters, birds, or bunnies. I'm not saying that I would like the current aquariums to be changed, but new aquariums that have these interactions.
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member

I must say, I actually do miss feeding them and cleaning the tank...
  • Options
    I'd be okay with the fish being "alive" and having to feed them and clean the tank if cats could climb on top of the tank and fish for fish. They don't have to catch one or eat it, but putting their paw in the water to chase one would be worth the trouble.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Do you think we will get a small animal pack anytime soon since dogs and cars is coming out? And, what kind of animals would you like in it? Do you think children will be able to feed their pets and possibly clean their cages (hopefully no dying of pets because they haven't, but they could have a bad smell moodlet because of forgetting to clean the cage).

I would like to see mice and hamsters with elaborate cages you can build, birds like budgies, or parakeets , love birds, cockatiels and parrots and would like to see lizards, with terrariums. Would like to see a ball you can put your hamsters and mice in temporarily and see them roam the house. Cats could try to chase the ball like mine did. .They could have bags of treat objects and bags of pet food that you could make a pet store with to sell items.

No dying of pets? Come on. Death is a part of life, after all. "How we deal with death, is at least as important as how we deal with life." ~ Admiral James T. Kirk.

I just lost my best-buddy. My Beagle, Takket, died 14 months after his brother passed on. Losing Tassidus was hard, but what was worse is now my house feels empty. I have no pets whatsoever. And, I'm certainly not a silly 13 year old girl. I used to cry whenever a Sim perished. I'm so sickened by just how dumbed-down this game has become! What are we teaching our children? That life isn't hard? That you'll never get your feelings hurt? That your co-worker won't be the one promoted over you? These are things we all must learn how to deal with in life. If we don't, we'll be miserable. Sheltering people from a pet dying just makes it harder to cope in reality. People die, pets die and doggone it, so do Sims. In Sims3, sometimes your Sim would discover 'Polly' had fallen off her perch. (This used to be a euphemism for death in the 18th century.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I'd be okay with the fish being "alive" and having to feed them and clean the tank if cats could climb on top of the tank and fish for fish. They don't have to catch one or eat it, but putting their paw in the water to chase one would be worth the trouble.

That would be a neat feature.
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    I would love a small animal pack, but perhaps they could add them all into a farming pack? With different farm animals, like the cicken stall in ts3 from the store. That would be wonderful!
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I would love to see birds. Birds are such underrated pets but they're so adorable.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited November 2017
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    It will be quite a while before a small animal pack comes out. Think of the releases like a rotation. We got OR first, so another vacation pack should be next. We got vampires and witches should be after A vacation pack. Small pets is way down the line.
    I just thought because they had toddler stuff and a parenting pack so close together that they might have a small animal stuff pack or game pack close behind cats and dogs, not to mention they will probably have some kind of horse pack, unless they team that with a farm expansion or GP.... I would love to see a big farming pack with other animals.
    A small animal pack could easily be next. The survey options have been Winter Vacation, Fairies, Witches, Fashion Forward, Love Life, Beauty Salon and Small Pets-Pet Store any of these can be the next game pack. They have done pretty well sticking to the survey options even if they remove the best ideas from each theme we are still getting them.

They all sound good to me, but darn I want a farming pack too.... lol
    If we get a small pets pack, it won't be for a while. They aren't going to REPEAT a theme too close together. Maybe in 2020.

Plus, there's always what I call the DRIBBLE THEORY. The Dribble Theory is that you are give a little less each time of whatever IT is. With each lessening portion, you get used to having less and because it's taken away so subtly, you notice, but end up being okay with less JUST THIS TIME. Until the next time, then that's the last time. Until the next time. Pretty soon, you have almost nothing and are content with whatever you are given. Cats & Dogs may be done well, maybe very well, but what if it's only going to be cats and dogs?
    If we get a small pets pack, it won't be for a while. They aren't going to REPEAT a theme too close together. Maybe in 2020.

Plus, there's always what I call the DRIBBLE THEORY. The Dribble Theory is that you are give a little less each time of whatever IT is. With each lessening portion, you get used to having less and because it's taken away so subtly, you notice, but end up being okay with less JUST THIS TIME. Until the next time, then that's the last time. Until the next time. Pretty soon, you have almost nothing and are content with whatever you are given. Cats & Dogs may be done well, maybe very well, but what if it's only going to be cats and dogs?

I am not sure I quite agree....their later stuff packs seem to be filled with more quality stuff.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Valxo wrote: »
    Vines12 wrote: »
    I could see a farming ep being created, for horses, cows, chickens pretty much farm life. In the upcoming cats and dogs ep I feel that small animals should already be included but as the pack is named only cats and dogs. Bunnies, lizards, snakes, turtles, hamsters, and ferrets would have been a nice touch who knows maybe 1 or 2 will get added down the line.

I hope so too! In one of the districts in Brindleton Bay (the one with the cat/dog statue) there is farming land up at the north end! With hay bales on the field. Unusable, though :(

I sure hope it’s a clue to what’s coming up!
  • Options
    ciarassimmsciarassimms Posts: 39 New Member
    Exciting! I hope we can choose custom collars for our dogs, there should be so many accessories!
  • Options
    They dropped small animals and horses to concentrate on cats and dogs, with mixed results. Keeping this theory of "less equals better focus", what four small animals would you need to have in a small animal pack knowing that those small pets would get more game play, be more fleshed out and be treated as real pets and not pet objects in a cage or tank?

And remember two things.

1) Limit it to only four. If they see that there are more animals that could fit, then they will have these ideas to use, but for the here and now, only four please.

2) Keep game play in mind and don't choose something boring. For example. there are a lot of snake lovers but snakes are very limited in game play. Whereas a parrot has a lot of game play. Flying, talking, tricks, etc. So choose wisely please.

Here's your chance to tell them what small animals you really want the most in a small animal pack. Don't blow it. I'll start.

1) Birds. One or all, but at least parrots and parakeets. I don't care about "singing" birds but birds that can learn to talk or do tricks.

2) Bunnies. Bunny Rabbits would be new and something we haven't had before. Plus a hutch or pen.

3) Hamsters. I really want to have a hamster in a ball being chased by my cat and one of those big tube city things for them to crawl through.

4) Lizards/geckos. Lizards and/or geckos that can be carried or live in a tank on a warm stone. Maybe escape once and a while but always get found or show up on their own sitting on the kitchen counter.
  • Options
    DarthMittenzzDarthMittenzz Posts: 279 Member
    edited November 2017
    I'd love more than anything to see birds brought in, meowhuhaha . Let's just say there would be lots of feathers littering many yards.

-- DarthMittenzz has spoken
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd like a small animal pack where the small animals were a lot more than objects. I lived with a bunny for a while (it was my housemate's bunny). It had so much personality. We'd close all the doors and let it have the run of the livingroom and it would run... and hop and chew on everything. It had favorite people and would cuddle with its owner.

My sister had mice and gerbils. They could be fun, and they had personalities too. Her best friend has lots of rats and chinchillas. My high school boyfriend has snakes, which can be oddly affectionate. Once in the 1980s I was hanging out in NYC for a bit and there was this man in Washington Square Park who'd bring his Really Big Snake out for some fresh air, and let people pet it. I know people with pet insects (millipedes, for example) and pet snails, and @sparkfairy1 breeds butterflies. A friend of mine has a parrot he loves dearly, and my best friend when I was in third grade had a macaw (he brought it to school one day and it escaped in the school! It was an exciting school day). Parrots that learn to repeat the people they're around? That would be awesome fun.

I never enjoyed the small pets in Sims before because they didn't do anything, or have any personality. But they could if they had the development budget, I think, and that would be awesome. A pack with a few common ones and an uncommon one would be great!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    linkinsenpailinkinsenpai Posts: 25 Member
    I have little faith they will ever add them but I really want snakes! With the way they're going now they might put no snakes and then use the excuse "but some people are afraid of snakes and we didn't want to scare them" ._.
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    My sims were star gazing today and a picture of a rabbit and pig popped up. Probably reading too much into it but saw a horse and a frog as well.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2017
    Oh oh oh oh oh. In a small animal pack where the animals were more than objects, maybe parrots could bop to the music that was playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sSb1qF7m3w
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    1: Exotic birds

2: Snakes

3: Lizards

4: Small rodents.

These are the main four. Many of these things could be reskinned into multiple pets.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited November 2017
    Loanet wrote: »

While this is a valis concern, I don't think it's happening with pets for a few reasons.

1: People will buy anything pet-related. People have been buying new computers to play Cats&Dogs. It's almost a guarranteed win.

2: Requirements for EPs are going up, but Stuff Packs and Game Packs remain the same so far. If small pets are a GP then people who didn't upgrade their computers have something to buy.

3: EA is in no rush to bring Sims 4 to a close. The more packs they can think of, the longer they can keep it going. Making a new game is much more expensive and risky than turning out new DLC for a popular game - just ask Paradox.

1. "People are buying new computers to play C & D" Though a few are , many are playing on low end laptops that don't meet requirements. They don't have another computer to play on and can't afford a new one. These people will have to quit playing. We have already seen many in tech. It will get worse after C & D is released I don't see the guaranteed win your seeing and I help in tech

2. The more you add to this game , the more demanding the game becomes on computer hardware. Adding a Stuff Pack or just a game patch will make the game more demanding. Have a computer that meets recommended requirements so you don't fall behind in adding all the eps, packs, gps and game patches. The requirements don't ever stay the same. They keep going up with each game add on. Including just a game patch. they will go up even more if you add 3rd party cc with high poly count

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I think they'll just put small pets like birds or guinea pigs into Seasons EP
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Oh oh oh oh oh. In a small animal pack where the animals were more than objects, maybe parrots could bop to the music that was playing.

and program it to speak similish :p
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member

Funny you say that, because cats and dogs are now pretty much objects. We can't see their relationships, their needs and probably their family tree... We can't even control them with cheats. Just cute moving objects.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.