Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House of Pancakes: Chapter 32 [updated 11/20/17]

Comments

• Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,230 Member
    Chapter 28

Eliza would be going back to her painting job today. Bob had the next two days off. Not for more vacation, but it’s his typical two days off from work. He only has a four day work week with his position.

163.png?resize=768%2C402

Bob and Eliza were happy they could sleep in. By the time they woke up, the restaurant has been open for an hour already. They knew they left the restaurant in good hands with Master Chef Bob Filet.

“Do you think everything is okay at the restaurant?” Eliza asked Bob.

“If it wasn’t, our new Assistant Manager would have called. Relax, dear. Everything is going very well.” Bob replied.

“Can you do me a favor and go in and check up on them sometime today?”

“You want me to spy on our staff?” Bob chuckled.

“No! Just see how things are going.”

“Fine. I’ll have my second breakfast there in the afternoon.”

“Thank you.” Eliza said with a smile.

164.png?resize=768%2C402

After Eliza went to work, Bob did his usual of lounging around. When it came around noonish, he changed clothes and headed across the street to Bob’s Breakfast.

He thought it must be ladies afternoon out when he saw three women walking to the restaurant together.

165.png?resize=768%2C402

After the ladies were taken care of, Bob walks in when Florence was back behind her station.

“Oh, hi Mr. Pancakes. I thought you and Mrs. Pancakes were at your other jobs today.” Florence says hesitantly.

“Eliza is. I have today off. Tomorrow too. I’m here for my second breakfast.” Bob says as he winks at Florence.

Florence was about to lead Bob to a table when he requested a menu. He already knew what was on the menu, but he wanted to have some fun as a customer.

After Florence seats Bob, she approaches her brother, Milan, and lets him know Mr. Pancakes is there as a customer and he should be on his best behavior with him.

When Milan arrives to Bob’s table, Bob quickly starts his order.

“Hello young man. I heard the pancakes here were the bomb. I’d like to try the blueberry ones, please. And if you could, could you ask the chef for extra blueberries in the pancakes. I like my berries.”

Milan was a bit confused, but went with it. “Right away, sir. I’ll let the chef know you want extra blueberries.”

“Thank you young man.”

166.png?resize=768%2C402

Milan went to the kitchen and let Chef Filet know of Bob’s appearance to the restaurant and request.

167.png?resize=768%2C402

Chef Filet did as requested. Milan brought Bob’s pancakes out to him and then immediately went back to work cleaning and waiting on others.

Bob was impressed with his pancakes. He spent the next half hour enjoying them. Then he left a tip for Milan on the table with a note that read, “Please compliment the chef on this great meal!”

As Bob walked out, he told Florence to have a good day.

168.png?resize=768%2C402

When Eliza came home, Bob share the news that the restaurant was in good hands.

169.png?resize=768%2C402

Bob and Eliza are now three weeks into running Bob’s Breakfast restaurant. They are now also working two jobs each — their regular jobs and owners of a restaurant. This has taken a big toll on their lives. In fact, it was really getting to Eliza. She was feeling sick in the morning. She would even have to run to the bathroom a few times.

“Are you okay, dear?” Bob asked.

“I think I need to see a doctor.” Eliza replied.

Willow_Creek_Ratings_4.png
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    In fact, it was really getting to Eliza. She was feeling sick in the morning. She would even have to run to the bathroom a few times.
    Sick you say? Particularly in the morning ... hmmm10.jpg
  • Options
    In fact, it was really getting to Eliza. She was feeling sick in the morning. She would even have to run to the bathroom a few times.
    Sick you say? Particularly in the morning ... hmmm10.jpg
    GiantRichAustraliankelpie-small.gif
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Bob’s sausage link gave Eliza a little bacon bit
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    Oh myyyy! *Raises eyebrow* :hushed:

She's trying to keep it PG-13/17 :lol:

• Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    Oh myyyy! *Raises eyebrow* :hushed:

She's trying to keep it PG-13/17 :lol:

While also keeping to the food them. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Oh this is a wonderful chapter....and Eliza....hmmm....I wonder....
  • Options
    Presenting fresh from CAS Springer Jacks
    spring10.png
    As a child taking things apart and putting them together again was always fun. Joining the Medical field would be a natural choice... or not. *Ahem* Original Sim by #EQCreations for #legacysims2017 and #houseofpancakes * https://goo.gl/2xRmPo * #RestaurantChallenge #BobPancakes #Pancakes #HeirsSpares #IvanaBRiche #SpringerJacks
    Pssst @LegacySims2017
    Guess who was just tagged as a Maxis Fav..... HOORAY!
  • Options
    @EuphorialQueen - You have to get a lotto ticket! You are sure lucky lately! Congrats!!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    For all the House of Pancakes fans:

House of Pancakes won't be having any chapters tomorrow, but will return the following week with two all new chapters on schedule again.

Been a busy week at work and was only able to write half a chapter about Eliza feeling sick.

In the meantime, enjoy some other pancakes!

tenor.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Chapter 29

Eliza hadn’t been feeling well. She thought she was sick because she was working long weeks taking care of the restaurant and then going back to work in her Painting career. But deep down she knew what it really was.

170.png?resize=768%2C402

Bob took Eliza to the hospital. They went to the front desk to check her in.

“Please fill out this form and we’ll get a doctor to look at her right away.” The receptionist smiled.

Eliza filled out the paperwork as Bob paced back and forth. This was the first time that they visited the hospital from being sick. Usually it was just a typical cold or flu virus that would be taken care of with some medicine and a bit of tender loving care. But with Eliza actually vomiting and saying she needed to go to the hospital worried Bob.

Eliza finished the paperwork and handed it back to the receptionist.

The receptionist glanced at the paperwork. “Have a seat, Eliza. The doctor should be available shortly to see you.”

“Thank you.”Eliza replied.

171.png?resize=768%2C402

About five to ten minutes later, a male nurse comes from around the corner.

“Eliza Pancakes?”

“That’s me.” Eliza responds.

“Please follow me.”

As they are walking down the hall, the nurse smiles at Eliza.

“My name is Springer. I’ll be helping Doctor Sunshine with the basic checkups. How are you feeling?”

“A little sick still.”

“Any pain?”

“Just stomach cramps.”

“On a scale of one to ten, with ten being unbearable pain, how are you?”

“I’d say about a four.”

“Oh, good. It shouldn’t be anything serious then.”

Eliza knew Nurse Springer didn’t read her paperwork thoroughly. If he had, he would have suggested something else. Bob trailed behind too nervous to listen in on their conversation.

172.png?resize=768%2C402

When they came to a separate room, Nurse Springer asked Eliza to have a seat. He proceeded to check her vitals and draws some blood. This is when he noticed her paperwork closely. He glances at Eliza and she nods. He grabs her chart and the vial of blood.

“You two wait here and Doctor Sunshine should be here shortly.” Springer says as he smiles at her and walks towards the doorway.

“Thank you.” Eliza responds.

“Why was he smiling?” Bob asked.

“We’ll know soon.”

Bob was confused at that response, but decided Eliza knew what she was talking about or the sickness was making her a little nutty.

173.png?resize=768%2C402

Another ten minutes go by and then a female doctor enters the room.

“Hello. I’m Doctor Susie Sunshine. Springer showed me your chart. The results from your blood test also came back. How are you feeling, Mrs. Pancakes? I love the last name, by the way.”

“I’m okay. Just a little morning sickness last day or two.”

“She’s been going the bathroom a lot lately, too. Whatever she has, it’s probably trying to leave her system.”

Doctor Sunshine peers quizzically at Bob and then turns to Eliza.

“He doesn’t know?” She asks Eliza.

“Know what?” Bob chimes in.

Eliza sighs and faces Bob.

“I’m pregnant.”
    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

To Be Continued!

Note from the Author: If you like the hospital and staff, they are available for download in the sims gallery. The hospital is created by gallery member ajr260376. The staff were created by readers of House of Pancakes. The receptionist, Grant Ryder, is created by gallery member 15aewar. The nurse, Springer Jacks, is created by EuphorialQueen. And the doctor, Susie Sunshine, is created by SoulGal7. Now, Susie is labeled a nurse if you want to download her. She was promoted to Doctor Sunshine for my story.
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    That was a nice reveal!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    She’s been going the bathroom a lot lately, too. Whatever she has, it’s probably trying to leave her system.
    Oh yes... I am certain it will be ... in a few months.
  • Options
    She’s been going the bathroom a lot lately, too. Whatever she has, it’s probably trying to leave her system.
    Oh yes... I am certain it will be ... in a few months.

@LegacySims2017 & @EuphorialQueen - that line cracked me up! Yep, a little pancake....or maybe even....a short stack!

Great chapter, and oh my gosh...Nurse Susie Sunshine was promoted to doctor. Aren't sims amazing? lol
  • Options
    So, you thought you liked Eliza? Drama Queen Eliza is about to enter the scene! Will it just be her hormones or will it be much more. Stay tuned!
  • Options
    Chapter 30

Bob just found out that Eliza was pregnant. She knew she was showing all the signs, but wondered how Bob never figured it out.

174.png?resize=768%2C402

“You’re pregnant?” Bob asked.

Doctor Sunshine intervened. “Yes, she is. About four weeks, actually. I’m assuming by both reactions, this was unexpected. I’ll leave you two alone to talk. I’ll be back in a few minutes to talk to you more, Eliza.”

Doctor Sunshine leaves the room and quietly closes the door behind her.

175.png?resize=768%2C402

“Pregnant, huh?” Bob asked as if trying to make Eliza smile more. He was still in shock, however. But he wanted to be happy for Eliza.

“This is too much.” Eliza said. “The time we do go to bed together because we both enjoyed opening a restaurant and you get me pregnant.”

Bob became expressionless. He got her pregnant? He thought it took two people to do that. He knew mood swings were going to come full throttle now, so whatever she says, he was going to brush it off and go with it.

Eliza continued, “How am I supposed to work my job, help out at the restaurant, and now take care of a child? I can’t.”

Eliza looked like she was about to cry.

“We can. Unless you want an abortion.”

“An abortion? So now you want me to kill a child?”

“I didn’t say that! You’re taking all this in too fast, dear. Why don’t we go eat at the restaurant. I think you’ll actually like what Chef Filet serves up. He’s a great cook, just like me.”

Bob hoped that would get a smile or chuckle from Eliza. But it didn’t.

“I just want to go home.”

“I’ll see if I can find the doctor.” Bob shrugged and left the room.

176.png?resize=768%2C402

Doctor Sunshine told Bob she would like to talk to Eliza alone. So he went back to the main foyer area and noticed Springer hanging out with the receptionist.

“Everything okay with the misses?” The receptionist asks.

“Looks like she’s going to have a baby in eight months.”

“Congratulations.”

“Thanks.”

“By that reaction, I’m guessing it was unplanned.” Nurse Springer smirked.

“Yeah, it was.”

“How far along is she?” Asked the receptionist.

“About four weeks.”

“Those other eight months will be here faster than you think.”

“Tell me about it.”

177.png?resize=768%2C402

Doctor Sunshine arrives with Eliza by her side.

“If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to call the hospital. If I’m available, I’ll talk to you. Otherwise, we have other really nice doctors around here.”

“Thank you again, Doctor.”

“Call me, Susie.”

178.png?resize=768%2C402

When Bob and Eliza arrived home, she went upstairs and laid down.

“You want me to fix you something to eat?” Bob asked.

“No. I just want to be alone right now.”

“Okay. Should I call your work and tell them you won’t be in today?”

“I know how to dial. I’ll do it later.”

“I’ll be downstairs if you need me.”

179.png?resize=768%2C402

He waited for her to respond, but she didn’t. Bob made his way to the living room and turned on the television. He flipped through the channels but couldn’t find anything interesting to watch.

Bob took out his phone and dialed the restaurant.

“Hello and thank you for calling Bob’s Breakfast, this is Florence. How can I serve you today?”

“Hi Florence. It’s Mr. Pancakes.”

“Oh, hi Mr. Pancakes.”

“How’s the restaurant doing? Chef Filet burn down my kitchen yet?”

Bob had to make a joke. Trying to be in a good mood with Eliza and having her sarcasm didn’t feel at all good. He was hoping he could at least make someone laugh. Which did happen when he heard Florence chuckle over the phone.

“Not yet. He’s working on it.” Florence laughed more.

“Has it picked up?”

“It’s business as usual around here. Mr. Filet is a great Assistant Manager. We’ve started to have a five to ten minute meeting in the morning before we open. He’s….oh wow. I’m sorry Mr. Pancakes, I have to hang up now. I can’t believe it. Is this real? Is that really him? Oh my god.”

Then Bob hears a click. The phone goes dead.
    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

To Be Continued!

Note from the Author: Springer Jacks became a Maxis favorite. If you’d like to download Springer Jacks for your game, head on over to EuphorialQueen’s Gallery page. Congratulations to EuphorialQueen on a Maxis favorite!
  • Options
    hint: It's not Steve Harvey! Let the guessing begin! :grimace:
  • Options
    So I hate to disappoint all you House of Pancakes fans, but because of my job outside of simming has been hectic (I've got over 12 hours of overtime this week), I haven't been able to write for House of Pancakes or #BuildNewcrest Challenge. :(

I've written up to October 30th for my #BuildNewcrest Challenge. But I need more to stay ahead of the game. I have the next three days off of work, so am going to focus on that SimLit for these three days.

So once again, you'll miss a week of House of Pancakes. I'll focus on a chapter Tuesday night while my nephews and niece are out trick or treating. Then write bits and pieces throughout the week.

Sorry guys! I hope you can forgive me! :grimace:
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 - not to worry....I have the same problem....mega overtime...it will just have us in suspense until you can write again :)
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 - are the Pancakes coming back? I miss them.