Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Umm...nice beds?

Comments

• Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited October 2017

double postttt
  • Options
    ohmyohmy wrote: »
    I honestly like this because sims 3 dog beds were so big that I could never fit them in my small houses or place them where I wanted.

I really can't with some of you who are actually happy about less content
    girl I said I liked the size of the beds: I said nothing about the content itself.
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    That's actually sad. I don't say remove the rug beds, but why not add proper pet beds like in the past games!? Seems like they did put all the development time into CAP instead of meaningful gameplay and objects... :(
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    To be honest I don't care I'm not buying the pack just for the build/buy options.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    samemie wrote: »
    Where did you see the pet beds?

Here you go :)
    https://simsvip.com/2017/10/26/sims-4-cats-dogs-buy-mode-objects-2/

Cos I'm on mobile I can't show the picture but the 5th row and 25th icon across (bottom row) are they dog houses? They look like dog houses.

If they are, then you people don't look properly.
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »

Cos I'm on mobile I can't show the picture but the 5th row and 25th icon across (bottom row) are they dog houses? They look like dog houses.

The last two look like food stalls, I'm not sure about the others
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    So it looks like a lot of you already came to the conclusion that this new EP is bad. What a world we live in, judging something before you even give it a chance yourself.
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member

I'm pretty sure those are food stalls as well as a public restroom stall~ No doghouses... :(
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options

The pictures are not the highest quality I admit, but I think you can easily see those are not dog houses.
  • Options
    taydev wrote: »

Was this comment really necessary, considering you're not even sure what they are and aren't seeing things properly? Those are food stalls.

Anyway I don't care if we have dog houses or not I just want to play the game.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I honestly like this because sims 3 dog beds were so big that I could never fit them in my small houses or place them where I wanted.

The actual size of the object isn't any smaller, really. It may take up less vertical space. Yet, what matters is the amount of tiles each of these objects utilizes.

I don't have much faith that these objects will be any smaller. Since TS2 the footprints of the objects in game have become consistently larger for some reason. Dog beds that used to take up two spaces suddenly required six in TS3. I'm almost afraid to know how much room some of the new objects will require.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    I don't think people fully realized this yet. Most people are probably expecting it to be there simply because it's something so common to have if you are the owner of a cat or dog. But yes, this is the only pet beds we'll get apparently (unless there are some more hidden somewhere on buy mode):

HGpw3jA.png

Two super thin mats. Not to mention, these are beds probably made with large dogs in mind (meaning, they are probably big), which means cats and small dogs won't have any decent/comfy beds for themselves. Cats can probably sleep on the cat condos but my cats never choose to sleep there, specially during the night. They all have their favorite little beds to sleep on.

One of them loves these:

7119233.jpg

I have no doubts CC creators will make all kinds of pet beds, which is why I'm not that worried, but it's still shocking that something as essential as this is missing from a Cats and Dogs EP.

LMAO those are the pets beds?! That looks sooooo sad, not even comfy for a dog or a cat!
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    I don't think people fully realized this yet. Most people are probably expecting it to be there simply because it's something so common to have if you are the owner of a cat or dog. But yes, this is the only pet beds we'll get apparently (unless there are some more hidden somewhere on buy mode):

HGpw3jA.png

Two super thin mats. Not to mention, these are beds probably made with large dogs in mind (meaning, they are probably big), which means cats and small dogs won't have any decent/comfy beds for themselves. Cats can probably sleep on the cat condos but my cats never choose to sleep there, specially during the night. They all have their favorite little beds to sleep on.

One of them loves these:

7119233.jpg

I have no doubts CC creators will make all kinds of pet beds, which is why I'm not that worried, but it's still shocking that something as essential as this is missing from a Cats and Dogs EP.

LMAO those are the pets beds?! That looks sooooo sad, not even comfy for a dog or a cat!

I'mma throw a towel on the floor and see if my dog considers it a bed.

I'm trying with mine, but she prefers her good, comfy bed with pillows :p
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »

The actual size of the object isn't any smaller, really. It may take up less vertical space. Yet, what matters is the amount of tiles each of these objects utilizes.

I don't have much faith that these objects will be any smaller. Since TS2 the footprints of the objects in game have become consistently larger for some reason. Dog beds that used to take up two spaces suddenly required six in TS3. I'm almost afraid to know how much room some of the new objects will require.

don't dash my hopes :( we already got so much gigantic stuff like I'm afraid it'll be a huge rug.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

don't dash my hopes :( we already got so much gigantic stuff like I'm afraid it'll be a huge rug.

Aww...I'm sorry. ::hugs::

I don't want to dash your hopes. I'm a small-lot Simmers as well. I would love smaller footprints on the objects. In particular, I'm wishing and hoping for a normal sized telescope.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »

Aww...I'm sorry. ::hugs::

I don't want to dash your hopes. I'm a small-lot Simmers as well. I would love smaller footprints on the objects. In particular, I'm wishing and hoping for a normal sized telescope.

same the big telescope never fits on my small lots, I guess I only can hope the beds are smaller. :(
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited October 2017
    filipomel wrote: »
    So it looks like a lot of you already came to the conclusion that this new EP is bad. What a world we live in, judging something before you even give it a chance yourself.

Some people are tired of giving anymore chances to EA, especally those who regret spending their money on past stuff (*cough* like that CITY LIVING catastrophy that gave a bad name to EPs) when they already knew how bad that EP was before the launch of it. Besides, If the expansion doesn't interest or disappoint us through all of it's teasers and sneakpeaks, we should just nod and smile at EA/GURUS and remark with dishonesty "keep up the good work you're doing!' ?
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    I wonder where the inspiration came from to make those pet beds? Most of the Gurus seem to have pets in real life. I too have 3 dogs, so do a lot of family and neighbors and I have never seen anyone use those kind of towel/blanket pet beds in real life!