Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So about babies..

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I mean... at this point I only want to be able to change the cribs color. Now if you ask me, I want the sims 2 babies back. They worked just fine
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I'd love to be able to sit in a rocking chair and feed the baby instead of just standing there looking silly. I miss the rocking chairs from Sims 3. And I'd love the Sims 2 interactions as well as some of the objects from Sims 3 as well.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    madelynsims95madelynsims95 Posts: 285 Member
    I do wish there was more to do with the babies, but it's not something that absolutely bothers me. I wasn't even that upset back when we didn't have toddlers. I'm glad we have them now, but I'm pretty content with whatever we have. I guess I'm just easy to please lol
    Origin ID: madelynsims95
    Stories/Challenges:
    Mother May I? (100 Baby Challenge)
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited October 2017
    To be honest, I don't really care about babies, but of course I'm not against improvement at all. Better looks and more interactions would be probably the most welcomed. I mean, Sims don't have to carry them everywhere for me.
    As long as I can age them up any time :grin:
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    I like the TS4 baby stage and always play it for at least a couple of sim days - that being said I would love it if it got a much needed update...

Having had more than a hundred sim-babies I'm kinda sick of that same old yellow/green onesie, bald head and identical facial features - not at all looking like the parents. I wish at least some of them had hair, and that we were able to change their clothes... And I wish that the babies felt more like a part of the family instead of a piece of the furniture that you can only move in buy mode. I miss to bathe the babies in the sink like in TS2 (it was so cute!), and to carry them around the house.
    It would be wonderful if the sims could actually sit or lie down with the babies on the couch. And play with them on the floor. And I dream of the day where I see TS4-babies crawling across the floor!

There are other things I'd rather see first, though. More EPs, like University and Seasons... But my hope is that they update this lifestage before the end. :smile:
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I wish they could rock babies in a rocking chair.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    I would ask for more of the interactions they had with babies in Sims2. For instance, if a Sim played with baby too soon after a feeding, baby would spit-up all over the Sim, causing that Sim's hygiene to tank immediately. Also, bathing them in the sink was really cute, too. I would like a swing added, a nice changing table. A play mat where you could put the baby on the floor, safely out of the way, and baby could play with the dangling objects. One of the nice things about interactions with the baby was the relationship developed. Yes, we get a bit of that, now, but who wants to just hang out over a bassinet? The child Sims should also have a bit more interaction with baby. At one point in Sims3 (I think it was) the child could get baby a bottle. All this would require in Sims4, is to be able to place baby into a high chair. Strollers would also be good. I never treated the baby like an object in Sims2. But, sadly, found myself doing so in Sims3 with the restricted interactions. Did I mention I have a love/hate relationship with Sims3?

ETA: Oh, and one more thing. It would be very nice were a Sim holding a baby to be able to pass baby off to another Sim, like they could in Sims2.

This all sounds amazing...would love for it to be a thing in TS4.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I have to confess, I don't age the baby up right away, and I do play on Long. I like to give the next older sibling (the toddler) a chance to be a toddler for a Sim day or two and then age up the baby. I'm all about being able to 'space' the kids, you know?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited October 2017
    @ElenPink wrote: »
    Does anybody remember when in TS2 or TS3 (or both, can't remember) babies would randomly be left on the floor because whoever was carrying them did not put them back in their crib? I remember spending a good five minutes searching for the babies.

I am very, very happy they are tied to the crib.

TS2. :mrgreen:
    All you had to do was click on the crib and tell them to put the baby in the crib. The Sims knew exactly where the baby was. :)

Now, I'm behind giving more options to babies in this game if they improved the look of the Babies, too. More Options are always good, in my option.

Baths, strollers, bouncy holders, swings, other cribs... more Fun!

*I also liked being able to put the babies on the Floor! Please, don't think everyone can't find the easy way to find babies or minds that they are on a nice, clean rug in the living room. It's the random and silly things that are fun, too- to me. :heart:
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    yes!!! BABIES DESERVE FUN TOO, it should be made into a proper life stage and maybe more people would actually bother with the baby stage rather than just skip it. Poor babies being confined to a crib, flashbacks to TS1 days are no longer nightmares.. but reality.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited October 2017
    TS2 babies were my favourite <3 they had cute little arms and legs, not confined to cribs or blankets.

33tjpk2.jpg

The current babies look like sim dolls rather than babies, there's just no detail or life in their faces... :(

Compare the two images below...

Baby with no CC

ewwwwbabies.png

Baby with a CC skintone

7ad1a9ceaae7370e1840c4f774567388--baby-skin-baby-things.jpg

^ Why aren't the actual Sims team putting the same effort into things. Hire the modders to help out already.

--

Also another point that TS2, though older had more effort and thought put into it.

Babies used to have fun, they had baby swings and playmats just like real life!!! if they could do it in TS2, there is nothing but laziness to stop them from doing it now. There is so much potential for babies like even using baby bath toys which could also be used by toddlers to teach them the swim skill, which when they turn into children would give them a swimming skill already. [if you skipped this, no swimming skill would be unlocked yet]

tumblr_inline_o140s4iRlY1saxxgu_500.png

I also miss basics like changing tables which made it feel more realistic.

TS2 had baby bouncers, baby swings, play mats, even TS3 had some of those and toddler walkers. I think each lifestage should be as enjoyable as the next and currently this isn't the case.

sims-baby-300x225.jpg
    Post edited by FluorescentSoap on
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    Does anybody remember when in TS2 or TS3 (or both, can't remember) babies would randomly be left on the floor because whoever was carrying them did not put them back in their crib? I remember spending a good five minutes searching for the babies.

I am very, very happy they are tied to the crib.

I think you're remembering TS3, but I didn't play TS2.. Anyway, it was so funny yet alarming in TS3 when you'd be at the park and an NPC would set their baby down on the ground and just go off and do whatever. The baby would be bawling its little lungs out, and folks would all be plugging their ears and acting crazy. You'd be like, "Are they coming back....Oh dear Plum, are they coming?! Well, it's been a couple hours now.....Should I adopt the baby? I need to leave, but I can't leave a baby here all alone..."

Good times.

Those Freeplay babies are pretty cute, tho, even if some do have "old faces". I've actually seen real life babies who looked like little wise grannies and pappies. They are a bit oversized, but so is everything, lol. It's not my fondest wish, but I certainly wouldn't object.
  • Options
    NiLLANiLLA Posts: 514 Member
    It would at least be nice to be able to carry them around or put them in a bouncer. I always feel so bad when the whole family is down stairs but the baby is upstairs awake.
    Been playing The Sims since 2001. Mother to a beautiful girl.
    scdwkk.png
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    Sometimes I forget the baby is even there. It's just some object in the corner. And sometimes it'll be ~8 sim-hours before the baby even makes a peep. (Or else, I notice that their icon has turned blue because I have the sound off and I don't even know how long they've been crying, lol!) What on earth baby can go untouched for 8 hours?!?

Sim toddlers are a good example. They feel like a real part of the family, and there's no way you could leave one unattended for 8 hours.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    Sometimes I forget the baby is even there. It's just some object in the corner. And sometimes it'll be ~8 sim-hours before the baby even makes a peep. (Or else, I notice that their icon has turned blue because I have the sound off and I don't even know how long they've been crying, lol!) What on earth baby can go untouched for 8 hours?!?

Sim toddlers are a good example. They feel like a real part of the family, and there's no way you could leave one unattended for 8 hours.

Especially forgettable when they don't ever cry (some glitch?) and you don't remember to care for them until you get the 'almost taken away' message.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    TonTon Posts: 9 New Member
    It would be nice if they would make baby swings,strollers,walkers and playpens like in the Sims 3 it's so disappointing they are bound to the crib and even they could of added strollers,playpens to the toddler stuff pack..I really hope they add some of these in the future.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I don't care that the babies are tied to the bassinets. I'd rather have that than babies on the floor to be honest. I'd like to be able to customize the baby and the bassinet though : different clothes, other styles of bassinet, adding toys, etc. Making the baby different from household to household is more important for me than moving a generic baby around.
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I don't mind them to be tied to a bassinet either but I'd like more than just one bassinet to choose from. What about a modern one, or a more traditional one? The vampires GP came with a bassinet so it's not like that's impossible.
  • Options
    ssssimyalaterssssimyalater Posts: 36 Member
    If I could have my sim carry it's baby around, I would probably keep the baby at "baby" age for much longer. I tend to age up the baby after a few sim-hours because it's boring. Let us carry them!
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    When I first played the game, I was disappointed that you couldn't hold the babies. Now that I've played it more and have toddlers to take care of, I like that the babies are in one spot. It's easier to take care of them and to be honest, I don't play them as much. I usually age them up right away.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I'd enjoy more things for babies, it's just missing something.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

hats
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2017

hats
    Hair and eyebrows too. Like why do babies look like naked mole rats?
    6257900180_011c442162_o.jpg

Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yes! Any improvements to babies would be so appreciated! Like, make them actually have interactions... maybe have your sim be able to swaddle them, burp them, or carry baby around in a wrap/carrier. Also having more places to put the babies such as a play mat on the floor, bouncer, swing, and strollers would all be such nice things to have. My big wish would be for babies also to grow and learn to crawl but that's probably not for Sims 4 ;)
  • Options
    meme009meme009 Posts: 46 Member
    I totally agree, been tied to the crib does make them boring to play, however when I do play them, I will also like the sims to autonomously take better care of the baby. It's really annoying that a sleeping sim does not wake up when the baby is crying, how come they cannot hear a crying baby in the crib right next to them?. And when they do 'take care of the baby' if you also have a toddler sim, they gravitate more towards a crying toddler, but ignore a crying baby, as they are either standing in front of the crib starring into space or choose the wrong interaction i.e. coo or talk instead of change nappy and feed!