Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Empty worlds/ CAW

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    landonsmithlandonsmith Posts: 81 Member
    In truth, I do not think the Sims 4 would need this 'Road system' or at least not one that is overly important aside from lot placement.

As for more empty worlds, it would definitely be a boost in number of people whom play the game.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    I would be happy enough to be able to work from templates if they gave us plenty of editing options. They could give us the basic town with preset lots, blank like Newcrest came, then we could rename it and modify the neighborhood deco, trees, and backdrops. We could edit our common spaces with all the new pack items that the base game worlds are lacking (basketball courts, bug spawners, food carts). Maybe terrain painting if they want to let us get fancy. I highly doubt we'll ever be able to place extra lots or move them around, unfortunately, because of the way they need to link up to the map selection UI.

Neighborhood editing is my #1 want for this game right now!

That would be dope as hell.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > I would be happy with just an option to start the world blank and empty, that and the option to bypass cas to go straight to the world icon menu when starting a new game are the things i want most.

Yes! It irritates me, too, that we have to go through CAS instead of picking or setting up a world before moving in households. I do have a save file called "world template" that allows me to edit the worlds first but it's really just an interim solution.

It's very clear that TS4 focuses much more on the Sims themselves and so little on the worlds. It was almost the exact opposite in TS3 - which I didn't like too much, either, because while the worlds could be very detailed and, in fact, WORLDS, gameplay really wasn't as fleshed out as it is in TS4 (I'm thinking of rabbitholes vs. actual spas or restaurants).

I don't mean to derail this thread and I'm not on either team TS3 or TS4. I just wish there was a sort of compromise in terms of how the worlds are set up. Maybe a template system like in TS2 could be implemented? I'd be happy with that for now.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    landonsmithlandonsmith Posts: 81 Member
    > @Simsfan99111 said:
    > I would be happy with just an option to start the world blank and empty, that and the option to bypass cas to go straight to the world icon menu when starting a new game are the things i want most.

Yes! It irritates me, too, that we have to go through CAS instead of picking or setting up a world before moving in households. I do have a save file called "world template" that allows me to edit the worlds first but it's really just an interim solution.

It's very clear that TS4 focuses much more on the Sims themselves and so little on the worlds. It was almost the exact opposite in TS3 - which I didn't like too much, either, because while the worlds could be very detailed and, in fact, WORLDS, gameplay really wasn't as fleshed out as it is in TS4 (I'm thinking of rabbitholes vs. actual spas or restaurants).

I don't mean to derail this thread and I'm not on either team TS3 or TS4. I just wish there was a sort of compromise in terms of how the worlds are set up. Maybe a template system like in TS2 could be implemented? I'd be happy with that for now.

There definitely is an opportunity for EA to balance out this issue. Now in the sense of the sims 1, that was limited anyways. But surely there is a way for EA to expand the balance for the Sims 4 (having the world focus from Sims 3, and balancing it with the sim focused element from sims 4)