Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How will Pets Interact and Behave in Other Worlds?

filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
So from the clips and videos we've seen so far, it's quite clear the developers put a lot of effort into developing the new world of Brindleton Bay alongside the new pets, it's very visible with how pets (mainly cats) interact with the environment around them, jumping on boxes, the big rock like landmark, and other scattered décor among the environment (I believe it's also been mentioned in a blog that dogs can chase birds?). So this has me wondering if they've incorporated any new world interactivity, at least for pets, in the other worlds, specifically Windenburg and San Myshuno as those worlds were created with interactivity in mind. Both worlds have various landmarks, statues, scattered décor, etc. leaving opportunity for pets (again specifically cats) to interact with those worlds by jumping on and exploring those various landmarks and décor items. It's already been confirmed that cats will interact with mice from the run down apartments, but I'm also hoping for extra interactivity within the other worlds. It would not only make the pets (cats) seem more realistic and expressive with their behaviour in other worlds, but would also make the other worlds feel more alive and busy as well, with the pets (cats) exploring environments in the other worlds.

Edit: just remembered that there are pigeons scattered wondering around windenburg, so I'm wondering if dogs will be able to chase them too. Also in Forgotten Hollow it would be pretty neat to see cats jumping onto grave stones and dogs bark at bats as they fly around.

Comments

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I never thought of this. I would like to see how they interact with other worlds too.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    edited October 2017
    It will be very interesting to find out, I hope it isn't something that's been overlooked. There's also quite a lot of places in Willow Creek too (particularly Magnolia Blossom park) that has lots of logs, stumps and fences. So I hope cats can climb on top of those!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited October 2017
    So there are certain decor pieces only pets can interact with and not sims?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Why would pets not do the same things in other cities that they do in BB? Do human sims act differently in other worlds? There will be no fountain/statue for cats to climb on (unless you place that statue on a lot in another city).

As you stated, cats will chase mice (even if you add the lot trait for mice to any other lot in any other world) and dogs chase birds ( I don't see why they wouldn't chase pigeons as well as the birds in BB, but we'll have to see).

Other than apartments and food stalls, I don't remember anything that only works in one city. And we have game placed food stalls in BB and will probably have them in future worlds, now that they exist.

So far, IMO, they have done a good job of making new packs work with previous packs. Note that vampires work the same in all worlds, not just FH.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Why would pets not do the same things in other cities that they do in BB? Do human sims act differently in other worlds? There will be no fountain/statue for cats to climb on (unless you place that statue on a lot in another city).

As you stated, cats will chase mice (even if you add the lot trait for mice to any other lot in any other world) and dogs chase birds ( I don't see why they wouldn't chase pigeons as well as the birds in BB, but we'll have to see).

Other than apartments and food stalls, I don't remember anything that only works in one city. And we have game placed food stalls in BB and will probably have them in future worlds, now that they exist.

So far, IMO, they have done a good job of making new packs work with previous packs. Note that vampires work the same in all worlds, not just FH.

Simply put if they don't code the common space neighborhood decorative objects to support any cat play, then no they won't act the same. And I'm not sure they would go back and code all outdoor objects (which we can't alter) in common speces to have the bhavs of the new objects in the EP. So, you are right unless you can put that big rock thingy in the common spaces of WC etc. then you won't see cats jumping on neighborhod objects, other than maybe a picnic table.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    So there are certain decor pieces only pets can interact with and not sims?

Well if cats can jump onto almost any surface, speculating that includes coffee tables, end tables, and any other non interactable surface, they are essentially interacting with objects a normal sim can’t typically interact with. So ya, I wouldn’t be surprised if there are certain objects that’s pets can interact with but not sims.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Only problem I see is there are too many animals in one neighborhood destroying the realism, It would be nice if it was 4 strays per neighborhood.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Only problem I see is there are too many animals in one neighborhood destroying the realism, It would be nice if it was 4 strays per neighborhood.

I forgot about strays. Have they mentioned if there will even be strays?
  • Options
    vossthebossvosstheboss Posts: 67 Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > ZhaguiSimmer wrote: »
    >
    > Only problem I see is there are too many animals in one neighborhood destroying the realism, It would be nice if it was 4 strays per neighborhood.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I forgot about strays. Have they mentioned if there will even be strays?

Yes they have because it was mentioned we could adopt strays
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would prefer one NPC cat stray and one NPC dog stray per world, tops. If a stray gets adopted, then a new randomized stray replaces it.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

I forgot about strays. Have they mentioned if there will even be strays?

Yes, I think so. In that big thread by luthierising where they are gathering all the known info from tweets etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited October 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I was literally thinking the same thing, like why things should change in other worlds. I guess I'm not understanding the question being asked.

ETA: just read cinebar's post. I hope they did edit the coding from base game and previous packs. That will be excellent pack integration