Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the best Lifetime Wish for Betty Simovitch and Bob Newbie?

Any ideas or suggestions?

I think for Betty it could be One Sim Band, but have no idea which is best for Bob. Any help?

Screenshot-154.jpg

Screenshot-52.jpg

Comments

• Options
    fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    Master of the Arts: 30,000 Lifetime Happiness Points
    Traits that Inspire This Lifetime Wish: Artistic, Virtuoso
    Goal: Max both the Painting and Guitar skills.

I think this one suits her traits.
  • Options
    therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
    fmil wrote: »
    Master of the Arts: 30,000 Lifetime Happiness Points
    Traits that Inspire This Lifetime Wish: Artistic, Virtuoso
    Goal: Max both the Painting and Guitar skills.

I think this one suits her traits.

Hey, thank for your idea. I was considering that too, but in my game Bessie Clavell has it already and I dowloaded Kent household (Kim Kent, Piper Hipp and Liam O'Dourke) and added them to my game storyline, and Kim's LTW is Master of the Arts too. That's why Im considering One Sim Band, as I dont have it yet in my game and Virtuoso inspires that LTW too. Her bio states she's into music, but not into limelight, that's why I was thinking One Sim Band as she would need to learn all instruments. But you're right she's both Artistic and Virtuoso so Master of the Arts would be perfect fit. Maybe One Sim Band LTW should be for another Sim, you confuse me now, haha :smile: but thank you :smile:
  • Options
    Betty should have a music related LTW, and Bob should have a writing related one - or perhaps he should take after Bob Pancakes and have cooking aspiration. Which, if Betty takes after Eliza she should have either Living in the Lap of Luxury or Swimming in Cash.

After @fmil suggestion I think Master of the Arts for Betty is best and writing related one as you suggested is best for Bob. Which one would you pick for him? Professional Author or Illustrious Author?
  • Options
    @fmil and @KaikoMikkusu, thank you so much for your input. I follow your advices and give Illustrious Author for Bob and Master of the Arts for Betty, as they are the best for them in my eyes :smile: Thanks for helping me with that!
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited October 2017
    Betty has no desire to be into music and choosing a music LTW would go against who Betty is and her Bio,her mother is forcing her into it.Fatima "Her mother" failed as a musician early in life and is trying to live through her daughter who really is not interested.Yes Betty is gifted in music but is an opposite of her mother,Mom is flirty Betty unflirty her mother snobby Betty is Good natured.The father remains neutral but knows his wife is forcing his daughter into music and Fatima lacks the talent Betty was born with.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Betty has no desire to be into music and choosing a music LTW would go against who Betty is and her Bio,her mother is forcing her into it.Fatima "Her mother" failed as a musician early in life and is trying to live through her daughter who really is not interested.Yes Betty is gifted in music but is an opposite of her mother,Mom is flirty Betty unflirty her mother snobby Betty is Good natured.The father remains neutral but knows his wife is forcing his daughter into music and Fatima lacks the talent Betty was born with.

Hey there, actually her bio states:

Betty Simovitch knows her mother sees her as a second chance to reach the stardom she left behind. She's into music, but she's just not sure she wants to make it into a career in the same way her mother dreams about.

So she is into music, she just don't want to make it into career in a way her mother would, not interested in stardom (there Fatima is forcing her). As an Artistic and Virtuoso Sim Master of the Arts LTW feels right for her. Fatima wanted form a rock'n'roll band, but she followed her family desires. I think Betty could have even career in Music, but her way in Orchestra, coz she's musically talented and like classical music.

Anyway, which LTW did you choose for Betty and why?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    In an attempt to recapture her own lost youth, Fatima has been grooming her daughter Betty to pursue a career in music.

Truthfully I go with her artistic trait and usually let her be a self employed painter.Although she has 2 traits required for Master of the arts LTW and has a guitar also.Mainly self employed painter and a few times a stylist since it matches artistic and great with me making way to many patterns in game.

Getting in the career is not her but just playing for enjoyment can work with Master of the arts since again she already has a guitar and is super annoying playing it constantly.My fave sim drives me nutts.I steal her guitar. :D

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    In an attempt to recapture her own lost youth, Fatima has been grooming her daughter Betty to pursue a career in music.

Truthfully I go with her artistic trait and usually let her be a self employed painter.Although she has 2 traits required for Master of the arts LTW and has a guitar also.Mainly self employed painter and a few times a stylist since it matches artistic and great with me making way to many patterns in game.

Getting in the career is not her but just playing for enjoyment can work with Master of the arts since again she already has a guitar and is super annoying playing it constantly.My fave sim drives me nutts.I steal her guitar. :D

Yes, you're right about career. Betty shouldn't have career in Music than, but she's just playing for enjoyment, such a talent can't be wasted. Self emplyed painter and stylist sounds great for her.

But previously you wrote:
    Betty has no desire to be into music and choosing a music LTW would go against who Betty is and her Bio,her mother is forcing her into it.

And I think Master of the Arts is exactly who Betty is :smile: Well, at least in my The Real Sunset Valley story :wink:
  • Options
    @therealsunsetvalley Picture her situation in real life,if you know the type.The parents who never achieved a dream and instead of allowing the child to become a nurse or vet etc they force them to pursue "Their" dream.That not very attractive :trollface: mom who has the gorgeous daughter and forces her into pageants or the clumsy no talent dad that could not score a touchdown forces his son into football even though billy wants to collect bugs and hates football.

In my post meant not a career as in Singing or Rockstar but Betty likes music just does not want it to be her life.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @CravenLestat thanks you painted that picture for me. Now I know what you have meant. Betty will follow her heart in my story for sure :smiley:

At first, few years ago, when Ive started play my Sunset Valley story I thought of Betty as a womb for Brandi (haha), but when I actually went to Riverview to check Simovitchs out I was like omg she's gorgeous, what a beautiful face, she's gonna grace my story for sure, can't wait to play her etc. :smiley: Now she's part of my story and that's the reason Ive asked here on forum about her and Bob LTW, beacuse they re so important and I don't want mess them up. Betty and Bob start their young adult live with marriage , pregnancy and living on their own, poor but far away from toxic mother (Fatima) and dissapointed father (Robert), but choosing what feels right for them, an artistic lifestyle they want to have. No music career for Betty :wink:
  • Options
    I see her as mostly a 1950's housewife. Though she may play for tips or sell paintings sometimes. She can still have Master of the Arts LTW just not have it as an actual carreer. For example she could go in business since no skills are needed there. Then again Betty and Bob change a lot between TS1, TS2, TS3, and TS4 (Bob Pancakes and Eliza Simovitch)

I like what you wrote and stick with Master of the Arts LTW, she won't have Music career for sure, now I know why :smile:

She could take after Vadim and be a scientist with the chess LTW. BUT she could also take after Fatima and be in the business career and super popular LTW. Or maybe the perfect LTW for Betty would be a painting related one? maybe the one which is painting and sculpting together, is there one like that?

Other painting related LTWs are:

Visionary (Reach Level 10 of the Painting and Photography Skills)
    Descendant of da Vinci (Master the Inventing, Painting and Sculpting Skills) - to heavy for Betty IMHO

But I think Master of the Arts (Master the Painting Skill, Master the Guitar Skill) suits her well

Then again when I end up playing premade sims, I often like to go to an opposite direction to their supposed story.

In my case it depends. I play premades in TS3 and follow their wishes most of the time, it creates amazing storyline itself.

But in TS2, before I started play with premades I created my own couple and played them first, they ended up with 4 kids (2 sons and 2 daughters) and many grandchildren, beacuse I played rotational with any of them.

Then I had new computer, so started fresh game with premades and it was few years game. Cassandra LTW was Have 6 Grandchildren so I actually married her to Don, who's LTW was Have 20 Simultaneous Lovers, so he cheated on her all his life. They had 4 daughters together (Julia, Isabella and twins Anna and Maria) and many grandchildren.

Brandi Broke, after giving birth to 3rd son Camil (who was total rebel and rock'n'roll themed, married later Donatella Goth - daughter of Mortimer and Dina, and had 3 kids with her), was married second time to burglar Gordon King, as he often show up with Dustin Broke. They had 3 daughters together, so Brandi had 6 kids altogheter as her LTW was Marry Off 6 Children. Last two Brandi daughters were cashiers in Malcolm Landgraab businesses.

With every EP I added to my storyline families from family bin, so at the end it was huge story, believe me :wink: I was kinda disappointed at first there's no more new families in family bin in the Sims 3 with every new EP, but Sunset Valley is big anyway, so I was ok with that after a while :wink: and there's no room for more with all EP community lots haha

I waited to play the Sims 3 after I figured out how to play TS2 style and first wanted to reacreate my stories from TS2, but now I don't know if I ll give them new outcome or not. Let's play and see :smiley:

• Options

Visionary LTW could make sense for Betty, then.

And, you should do a somewhat alternative story. Mostly because descendants of other premade sims would be there.

I know I should. I would be natural with so many descendants of Sunset Valley premades, but I could take some inspirations from my TS2 story, because it was so much fun playing them all back then.
  • Options

Many of those families would end up in the family trees of the sims in 2.

Yep, and You know what? That's main goal too, to connect whole Sunset Valley via Family Trees, like when you clik on as picture of a Sim and you can go further from there. That's why I don't want to have any childless premades (single picture in family tree) in the first generation (exept for example Agnes Crumplebottom, coz she is already connected to Goth family tree). Like none of my Sims would be lost in my story :wink:
  • Options

Although with so many families it's possible some of them will only be connected later on, for example through Alexander Goth, Lucy Burb, or Beau Broke marrying one of them.

You're absolutely right! That's how it gonna be.

BTW It was strange in my TS2 game with Alexander Goth... After Mortimer's death Dina lived with their daughter Donatella (Cassandra's and Alexander's half-sister) and with step son Alexander in Goth Mansion (Cassandra was already living with Don and their daughters in another house). After University Alexander married Dina (his step mother) who was near elder and they had a son togheter, Fabian Goth, who was Donatella's half-brother and nephew at the same time. But I don't think I will recreate that story for them, haha. Both Dina's children, Donatella and Fabian, were light skinned and brown eyed, Donatella had brown hair, and Fabian black.
  • Options

Yeah, Mortimer has genes for brown hair in TS2, although it's suppose to be black. Gunther has auburn hair in TS3 so you could've pretended it came from that. Of course I think that Gunther, Cornelia, and their parents are all originally suppose to have black hair, don't they?

If you say so :smiley: I wonder what about TS3 Brandi Newbie, as Betty has brown hair and Bob dark blonde. She should took her facial structure after Betty and coloring after Vadim - black hair and grey eyes - to be as her TS2 incarnation... TS3 coloring is diffrent though, same with zodiac signs etc. Or even Aspirations/LTWs - Dina and Nina Caliente for example.

• Options
    That's good hair idea! Thanks!
    Poor Agnes Crumplebottom! She paints so beautiful and writes so interesting stories. But she's rich lonely widow and is an easy target for Gold Diggers. I have two in my town, Beau Andrews and VJ Alvi, who's also Evil. Victoria finally sees for herself (after giving Beau two overweight daughters) and feels it's time to divorce, coz their marriage (in her heart and in his mind - Victoria's just to poor) was over long time ago. Of course she doesnt regret her kids, but it's hard to live with someone like Beau. So I need to complete Beau's LTW and he's not young and handsome as VJ is (who I think is meant for Holly after he dumps Lisa and their kids).

Will Beau win Aggy's heart and fortune?

It's a shame, I know, but there's no many Rich Sims in my town, and Gobias (who's the same age as Beau) will work till his dead from old age to fullfil his Jack of All Trades LTW, so his not as good fit for Beau's LTW as Agnes. Or do you have another idea for Beau, so I can save Miss Crumplebottom life?