Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @CathyTea Panda is number 13 :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited October 2017
    @CathyTea :smiley: So many of those numbers ended up being random Finnish words. Not that it's a bad thing. Just amusing.

Taimi is number 38.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    edited October 2017
    @CathyTea Emmanuel is 96. Thank you for doing all of this number stuff, @Xantheanmar as well! :)

By the way, are you still looking for help updating the collab blog? I'd be happy to lend my time!
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I don't understand the number thing. Are we supposed to choose a random number?
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    You forgot 10 on the number sheet, so everything is off :(
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @CathyTea Xilla is 87! :smiley:

@Rainydayz179 I think we all just started randomly picking numbers at some point.
    When I was writing my first chapter I just decided to give her a case number so it looked like an official document, lol. (I was born in 1987 so that's why I picked it for Xilla!)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Oops! Thanks for noticing ! I'll fix it today !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    A lot of numbers for toddlers got listed on p. 9 of this thread... Kedi is 47.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    I don't understand the number thing. Are we supposed to choose a random number?

It's the which number of the 144 are they? Septemus is 77.

Figure that the agency didn't know their names , so they assigned numbers 1 to 144.

(Originally , Pinstar had 100, but since their number system is base 12, we went for twelve dozen , rather than ten tens... )

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    Whisper is number 98
  • Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    Fi is number 42. Got to admit, I wanted to throw in a little Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy reference. Like the ones reading my WordPress can confirm, I do that kind of thing all the time.
  • Options

I think it's OK! Though I left off 10, I'm pretty sure that all the other numbers were correct. I added 10, and it looks like it all works!
    A lot of numbers for toddlers got listed on p. 9 of this thread... Kedi is 47.

Thanks! I think I have all the numbers added? If you're not listed, just let me or @allysimbuilds know!

By the way, are you still looking for help updating the collab blog? I'd be happy to lend my time!

YES! Awesome! I just sent you an invite to become an admin on the collab blog. Now you have super powers! :)

If anyone else would like to help with the blog, please let me or Ally know and we'll send you an editor invite!

Here's what we can use at the blog:

1) More pics! All the current screenshots come from my story, and it would be awesome if they came from all of ours...

2) An icon! We could use an icon for the little thumb-thingy that shows up in the corner of the tab... right now it just shows the WordPress W...

3) Blog posts! It would be awesome to have posts from our Simmies and from us!

4) Anything else you can think of! :) Like... recipes! :) Kedi videos!

• Options
    I’d be willing to edit the collab blog. I have some cute Kedi pictures that might be nice.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    I’d be willing to edit the collab blog. I have some cute Kedi pictures that might be nice.

Yay! Just sent you the invitation! Have at it and have fun! :)

• Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

Thanks! Maybe we can put up photos of all the bizoo with their numbers!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

Thanks! Maybe we can put up photos of all the bizoo with their numbers!

That would be fantastic! :)

• Options
    Here's my newest chapter... and it happens to be my 1000th post on my blog! Septemus 52

• Options
    I'm trying to gather up all the lore that we've been sorting out to post it on the collab blog. I'm fairly confident I've got a healthy mashup of ideas for everything but:

Bella and Mortimer Goth

Nancy and Geoffrey Landgraab

Are there any other pre-made sims we have lore for? Please let me know! I'd really like to have all of it located on the collab blog so we can all reference it without digging. Plus, readers can learn more if they're interested! Thank you! :)
  • Options
    I'm trying to gather up all the lore that we've been sorting out to post it on the collab blog. I'm fairly confident I've got a healthy mashup of ideas for everything but:

Bella and Mortimer Goth

Nancy and Geoffrey Landgraab

Are there any other pre-made sims we have lore for? Please let me know! I'd really like to have all of it located on the collab blog so we can all reference it without digging. Plus, readers can learn more if they're interested! Thank you! :)

Johnny Zest is a child psychiatrist with dubious motives and is Taimi 's neighbor .

Lucas is a cheater (not really, Lol! We're just mad at him for crashing our ship.) Wolfie is disturbed and destructive , and Gunther is a tutor .

I'll write out my belly button lore in detail later !

• Options
    I've given a lot of thought to this number thing. I'm opting out of it. You can take this decision however you'd like. I just don't feel that it has anything to do with my story. Rocket is an unknown. He was put into a false dummy group so that Brian could adopt him. Hence I don't feel he should have a number since he's not in their files.

I feel like in the excitement over their own ideas and stories some are overlooking others stories and ideas. And in that light I would like to ask before I go forward with this idea if anyone has plans to make their child have any powers as far as pregnancy, babies, ect go? If yes please let me know. I have chapters already written and can just disregard this angle as it would make no sense in my own story if others have the same abilities.

I think it would be a good idea from here on out to note here if you have plans that would in some way affect others. Or if others take the same angle it would affect yours. I know everyone is concerned with spoilers but if not giving out at least a little info will negatively affect the direction you are going then it seems to me that it's better to spoil a little for the collaborators rather than have to change all of your plans. And in that same thought process if you have an idea that someone else might like to pick up on it should be shared as well... in a way that makes it completely optional for those that have no interest.

Sorry if I am being harsh. I don't mean to sound that way. Here's my newest chapter...

Chapter 14: Confession

09-28-17_3-40-23c2a0pm.jpg?w=460&h=260&crop=1
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 I can understand that :) As soon as things aren't mega-spoilers for my story I'm happy to put my plans/world-building up on here!

I can say that Panda has no hidden powers other than the ones I've talked to you about in DM, so you're safe from me there :)

Speaking of:
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    I agree that it's good to share some minor spoilers and lore and worldbuilding here and discuss ideas before implementing them. That's one of the things this thread is for, right? :)
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    I've published the lore page and mashed-up everything I could regarding the topics that come up frequently. I tried to give some specifics, while leaving room for interpretation and vagueness for everyone's stories to easily fit in (if you choose to abide by the lore in existence). I hope you'll all be satisfied with the result; it took several hours to compile.

@CathyTea will add in those pre-mades. Please share the Goth and Landgraab lore you have so I don't have to snoop your posts again! :D

@Rainydayz179 I completely agree and respect your wishes. I'm happy to share plans I have that might influence the stories of others, or give ideas.

This is a mix of convos with several people but: Essentially, the Rebels that had infiltrated the lab cloned Emmanuel after they saw Septemus was in existence (they're clones of great social and political leaders, who were also brothers). The idea was to have the two of them together again, that they could help lead the rebellion once again as they had 1,000 years ago. Before Sept's harvest, the Rebels cleared the lab of the clones inside and transported them, possibly crashing the ship on purpose. Emmanuel will eventually discover who he is and join The Rebellion once more.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @allysimbuilds by word, I didn't know half of that! I will say that Panda isn't a clone and also won't be part of the rebellion. (No one sensible would clone her - will tell you all why as soon as I can without massive spoiling, and a similar thing for being part of a group. She's... well, not exactly safe to be around by nature. In all honesty, it was probably more of a 'lets get her somewhere else please'sort of transportation deal with her.)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    @Thymeless @RipuAncestor @allysimbuilds Thanks, guys. I just don't want to spend hours brainstorming ideas to have to change everything and I'm sure others feel the same way. This isn't my regular writing style which might be why I struggle a bit more with story ideas and all of that.

I did have some ideas. I have mentioned this before. I feel like someone new that comes upon this challenge will feel like they can't fit in because of their toddler's age ect. I was telling Ally that there could be more than one explanation. First, the kids could have been put in stasis pods or whatever... which I believe has been discussed. Second, the different types of aliens could mature at different rates. This would allow those that don't have a lot of time to invest but would like to have some part in the collab to do so. Perhaps this can be added to the page somewhere?