Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How has Parenthood changed your game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    I am not sure if this was just part of our toddler update or did it come with parenthood. I like when the toddler for no reason wants to wake up a parent. That is so like real life after they wake up a parent they are off to play lol. that's so cute.
    I give Parenthood B - because >
    I wish they had added more parent child interactions, like teaching the child or teen to cook.or just helping with dinner or help with the plumbing like help fix the tub. and bring back making beds, not for maids but for kids.
    we needed much more question for kids/teens to ask and not just the same few every day.
    Also when a teen comes home from school upset, they should either have the child tell what happened, or the game can say what happened, like a bully, or someone took their lunch money. or they did not get invited to a party.... then we could have picky eaters
    that do not want to eat veggies.
    A teen can put on too much makeup, and the parent could say go wash your face. now the teen has some reason to come home still mad. Phases do not have to be always angry. it can be just how they want to dress, like they may decide to wear something too dressy to school like a gown. or father tux's teens can sneak and get a tattoo or nose pierce, and hide from parents. they could have the school call and say what the child has done bad, so the parent then can talk to them on that subject.
    parents need some calls from school. or asked to come to school.
    Like they have the younger kids being a bear, they could have the teen being Gothic, and be wearing all black with black makeup. and even when a parent tries to ask them to change they change into more black lol also a teen friend can come over and help your child shave off half of the hair on their head, then say bye to the parents nicely and go lol.
    What gets me is when the game asks can our child or teen bring home a guest, and our kids totally ignore the child. also, our kids should be able to offer their guest something to eat.

Parenthood is ok, but they could patch in a lot more. and not worry about traits so much just let them grow up. I would love more funny phases like real life. the teen can just stay on the phone 24/7

well in my game all or most of my teens live in Teenvill Newcrest. they live with other teens and have nannies only. I have 8 nice homes for the teens they all get visits from parents, and they can go visit their parents. when parents do come they mostly just take them out to eat. it's fun.

I'm not 100% sure but I think this can happen if you have Vintage Glamour Stuff. When the sim plays with the makeup mirror.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    I don't know how the game was before the Parenthood SP because I have just dove in with all of the SPs and EPs recently. But I do know that childhood feels a lot more authentic in that your children will grow up with certain traits as a direct result of your parenting style. It makes raising children a bit more frustrating, that's for sure, but overall I think it is a great improvement over previous games.
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    The interactions are great. Asking advice of the parents/caregivers. Parents are definitely more likely to independently interact with the kids, no matter what age. I add a lot of single parents to my game. Parents/Caregivers will independently look up parenting advice or do the clickables on the computer regarding being a parent. I wish there were Toddler Gates for the stairs though. Once the toddlers can climb the parents are less likely to go get them and teach potty, etc... (Unless they have a high parenting skill)
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited September 2017
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Stormsview wrote: »
    I am not sure if this was just part of our toddler update or did it come with parenthood. I like when the toddler for no reason wants to wake up a parent. That is so like real life after they wake up a parent they are off to play lol. that's so cute.
    I give Parenthood B - because >
    I wish they had added more parent child interactions, like teaching the child or teen to cook.or just helping with dinner or help with the plumbing like help fix the tub. and bring back making beds, not for maids but for kids.
    we needed much more question for kids/teens to ask and not just the same few every day.
    Also when a teen comes home from school upset, they should either have the child tell what happened, or the game can say what happened, like a bully, or someone took their lunch money. or they did not get invited to a party.... then we could have picky eaters
    that do not want to eat veggies.
    A teen can put on too much makeup, and the parent could say go wash your face. now the teen has some reason to come home still mad. Phases do not have to be always angry. it can be just how they want to dress, like they may decide to wear something too dressy to school like a gown. or father tux's teens can sneak and get a tattoo or nose pierce, and hide from parents. they could have the school call and say what the child has done bad, so the parent then can talk to them on that subject.
    parents need some calls from school. or asked to come to school.
    Like they have the younger kids being a bear, they could have the teen being Gothic, and be wearing all black with black makeup. and even when a parent tries to ask them to change they change into more black lol also a teen friend can come over and help your child shave off half of the hair on their head, then say bye to the parents nicely and go lol.
    What gets me is when the game asks can our child or teen bring home a guest, and our kids totally ignore the child. also, our kids should be able to offer their guest something to eat.

Parenthood is ok, but they could patch in a lot more. and not worry about traits so much just let them grow up. I would love more funny phases like real life. the teen can just stay on the phone 24/7

well in my game all or most of my teens live in Teenvill Newcrest. they live with other teens and have nannies only. I have 8 nice homes for the teens they all get visits from parents, and they can go visit their parents. when parents do come they mostly just take them out to eat. it's fun.

I'm not 100% sure but I think this can happen if you have Vintage Glamour Stuff. When the sim plays with the makeup mirror.

Yes, :) I have seen this happen with our grade school girls, and they just walk around looking a mess lol, I have not seen any family respond to this at all, but it's very funny. I do love to see them into mom's makeup, I did that so much. I of course never got in any trouble for this, but a lot of laughs yes lol. your rights it's in our vintage pack, and we have another larger one that can hold more clutter hehe. It's a big difference in a grade-school little girl playing in mom's makeup, vs a teen putting on too much makeup, teens know how to apply makeup, mostly :) just some could over do it.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    hope1275hope1275 Posts: 264 Member
    Parenthood brings a richness to the game relationships and emotions-wise that I thought the base game was going to have. While I think it should have been that way to begin with, and it would have been nice to continue the "please and thank you" etc. (and maybe add a few more teen-related things in) when they're teenagers, at least, I'm glad it's finally here. It's the first expansion that has actually made me enjoy playing for the sake of playing again. It's also the first expansion that I actually love!

One of my favorite little touches is the "Like Old Times" moodlet they get when they grow up and are near family again. :) For some reason, I was always a little bummed when sims who moved out seemed to barely notice their prior family members when they saw them again.

z8Bu8FZ.gif

• Options
    RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    It's really fun actually. Now when i play with my kids i try my best to love and treat them right and teach them to do good because it does affect them when they age

Though kids making messes in restaurants that was something. I remember Billie Jang making a mess in my restaurant and her mom was looking at her like she just done gave up but she did politely clean it after and I imagine when she got home Billie got an earful xD
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • Options
    SmilinSimsSmilinSims Posts: 560 Member
    I love parenthood - it makes it feel more realistic... which I really enjoy. But its also so much harder to have large families, so I've been playing smaller lately.
    Do you want to WIN the new Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack??? To WIN you MUST be subscribed to my YOUTUBE channel Watch contest video for rules!

acrehk.jpg

• Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    I love it! No complaints yet at all. Although I have only had it 2 days soooo...
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    It's made my families feel more like actual families. There's more realistic interations between parents and children, siblings and even between spouses. It's also made me love generational playing. All in all, I feel like the family's more connected and I love that.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    edited October 2017
    Parenthood made it more fun to see kids grow up. Family life gets more realistic, obviously, activities like dining and watching tv etc gets more including as they seem to interact a lot more. Also love that parents/children more often initiate conversations related to school or growing up.

I hate the popups though, I understand my answers would affect those new skills, but in a family with many kids, those popup interrupt more than they add to game play. Besides, I think they ruin the game experience when I, the simmer, is to answer, rather than the game finding the best answer based on the parent or care person's personality and skills. If both parents are idiots, it makes no sense that I shall give the child good advices. If advices are based on what the gamer think is good, all kids will be raised the same way. If playing only one family, fine, but I play all the houses in all my worlds...

Added: Can the popups be turned off? Hmmm...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I hate the popups though, I understand my answers would affect those new skills, but in a family with many kids, those popup interrupt more than they add to game play. Besides, I think they ruin the game experience when I, the simmer, is to answer, rather than the game finding the best answer based on the parent or care person's personality and skills. If both parents are plum, it makes no sense that I shall give the child good advices. If advices are based on what the gamer think is good, all kids will be raised the same way. If playing only one family, fine, but I play all the houses in all my worlds...

You’re not forced to pick good advice to give. If you’re playing a family with bad parents, then select the answer that would be bad advice.....problem solved. I’d much rather have options and be able to choose how the parents raise their kids, good or bad, rather than having automated responses.....frankly, it would be pretty pointless if the responses were automated.