Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Embargo Lifted (Sims' Camp 2017 C&D Info)

aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
As the title says...the embargo has been lifted and here's a link to screenshots from Sims' Camp

Comments

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    The whole poop in CAP reminds me for Nano Pets from the 90s!
  • Options
    alimafionalimafion Posts: 81 Member
    The pictures look really cool so far!
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited September 2017
    A lot of them are really cute, and I'm pleased with the fur texture of dutchsimsmaster's dog. I wasn't too happy with the textures at first, but the fur on that one looks great.

2NHneXX.jpg

And I love the cat that looks stitched together.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I remember them pooping on the floor on Sims 1. It missed a couple of titles, but now it is back.

The dog is sure cute.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    So it looks like pets can have 3 traits in CAP.
    DKPJNCPXkAAiYi-.jpg:large
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I am kind of annoyed that the people that went to the Sim Camp didn't take more insightful pictures that include the categories in CAP and variety and such. Only a few of them give you a glimpse of the actual CAP and not only of the pet they created.

This one is one of those few (and the one I posted above):
    DKQQoO0WkAAPFK7.jpg:large
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    tumblr_owmxzcZuBP1v707rto1_250.png
    what does this mean?
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    SihuSihu Posts: 73 Member
    @allisonchurch I think it's different positions so you can paint them in a easier way
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    You know what I'm really excited about? It seems that pets have only name, no surname. I'm so happy about it. It's a small detail but it really buged me in the previous iteration.
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Apparently cat features are all the same. They all have the same round face. At least people can make different breeds of dogs.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited September 2017
    I think you should be able to move the features on the face. Raccoons have more of a muzzle on them and they were placed with cats. I think it would be nice to see a flat faced breed of cat and the raccoon, if it is out there.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I like some of the crazier looking pets just because they give an insight into the customisation :) but in general the see look awesome. It's a shame they're only allowed to release a single image. I wonder how many costumes there are, definitely hoping for a nice variety of bandanas though
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    I think you should be able to move the features on the face. Raccoons have more of a muzzle on them and they were placed with cats. I think it would be nice to see a flat faced breed of cat and the raccoon, if it is out there.

It looks like dogs features can be manipulated a lot. The Savannah that Jenn posted has that same round face too. It looks like it is just the same face and the only difference is fatter or thinner. So I am wondering whether or not it will be possible to create cats with a more angler facial structure, flat faced structure, and muzzle.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I hope whoever made the zombie cat recreates it and uploads it to the gallery once the pack is released. I really want it.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    what does this mean?

I am not sure. First I thought it was the different ages (puppy, young, adult, and old) but then it looked to me like if it was some sort of walking/standing style, or I don't know really.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Pretty sure that's when you apply texture to your dog or cat. You can turn them around with your mouse, so you can easily paint the various aspects of the body.
  • Options
    Jean wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's when you apply texture to your dog or cat. You can turn them around with your mouse, so you can easily paint the various aspects of the body.

aaaah! That makes sense.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    what does this mean?

I am not sure. First I thought it was the different ages (puppy, young, adult, and old) but then it looked to me like if it was some sort of walking/standing style, or I don't know really.

i think @Sihu is right about it being different poses, that makes the most sense.
    i wish they'd implement a still pose for sims. :unamused:
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    I really hope some people playing this have been smart and decided to take a picture of the pet traits. Well, if they were allowed to do so.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I really hope some people playing this have been smart and decided to take a picture of the pet traits. Well, if they were allowed to do so.

There's one with a trait which shows an icon of a battery which I assume is an energetic pet? That's a complete assumption though
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    They need to make sure they use cat eyes on the foxes. The only one shown has creepy round pupils like a dog...

When IRL...

Fox.jpg
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    edited September 2017
    These pictures look very nice. I really wish they showed us more of the new CAP, like some of the traits or what all these symbols mean.
  • Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    I think that trait that is shown with the German simmer's picture (border collie) is just like that hyper trait mod for the sims but done for the animals (offically) I could be wrong...we'll have to wait and see
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    They need to make sure they use cat eyes on the foxes. The only one shown has creepy round pupils like a dog...

Probably because the foxes are classified as "dogs" in the game....and raccoons are classified as "cats". It was their way of creating a little more variety without adding whole new classifications of pets. But it looks like we have a lot of customization options with pets, so I'm sure you'll be able to get the eyes the way you want them.