Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Horses

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »
    I'm in the camp that thinks they could be added in a farm pack. It does suck that we're getting less for our money this time around though. Hopefully what we have in the pets ep will be done super well!

For me, the vet career is a decent replacement for horses so I don't see us getting "less" for our money. I just hope we can actually take our own pets to the vet instead of just buying medicine from the computer; I play rotationally and would be fun to have Sims from one family visiting the vet I created in another (maybe there'd be an NPC vet if you don't have one active in game).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I want to be able to take ALL my pets to the vet. Like, if and when horses come, I want a horse-vet, and vets can check on the small pets. Obviously, some small pets are not worth it, but some of the exotic pets can be quite expensive and are taken to the vet to check on them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    GuruGrant didn't give an out right no about horses in an interview recently. So there is hope for the horse lovers I think. I'm starting to think it's possible to have them in the game thanks to the OP's info. I personally don't really need them in my game play but I wouldn't mind having the option. I enjoyed them in the Sims 3 but they weren't my favorite. I'm hopeful that there are a lot of possibilities that will be happening in Sims 4 and I'm starting to think horses will be a part of that.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2017
    EmmaNiji wrote: »
    Horses could still potentially be a part of TS4 in a future game pack (not an EP or SP). I think the cats and dogs EP is just so big that they could not fit horses. I will not give up on horses!
    GuruGrant have stated so in a very confirming way, so yes, they certainly can.
    I'm in the camp that thinks they could be added in a farm pack. It does suck that we're getting less for our money this time around though. Hopefully what we have in the pets ep will be done super well!

For me, the vet career is a decent replacement for horses so I don't see us getting "less" for our money. I just hope we can actually take our own pets to the vet instead of just buying medicine from the computer; I play rotationally and would be fun to have Sims from one family visiting the vet I created in another (maybe there'd be an NPC vet if you don't have one active in game).
    I agree.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    I can't say I'm terribly disappointed that horses won't make an appearance in this EP, but that's mainly because I never really expected them to be there. I was actually surprised to hear that you could find horses in the suburbs in real life because I always grew up in an area where horses could only be found in rural areas so I had it in my head that you needed a lot of space for them.

Anyway, I hope that they may include them in an eventual GP and that they'll be just as well done when they're the focus, much like how vampires were pretty well done when they were the sole focus of their own GP.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Personally, I don't have a use for normal horses, but an evil unicorn would have made a great pet for my simself. My sister suggested modding a horn onto a big dog's forehead, but that wouldn't be the same, I'm afraid...
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    I kidna got tired of horses in my game in TS3 because they be EVERYWHERE but I'm going to miss them in TS4 (if not added ever).
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    Phantomrose90Phantomrose90 Posts: 299 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    EmmaNiji wrote: »
    Horses could still potentially be a part of TS4 in a future game pack (not an EP or SP). I think the cats and dogs EP is just so big that they could not fit horses. I will not give up on horses!
    GuruGrant have stated so in a very confirming way, so yes, they certainly can.

I agree.

I certainly hope that they will be added in a future game pack, or a farm-like expansion pack. There are many things to do with them, and hopefully (if they do add them) they will be a lot more fleshed out, as in you can train them in other disciplines, besides jumping or racing (Dressage, Reining, Barrel Racing, Pole Bending, Cross Country, Gymhkhana, etc.) There is even cool things they can do with various horse breeds. For example, for gaited breeds they can add their own unique special gait (Tolt for Icelandics, running walk for Tennesee Walkers) though that would probably take some time in the animation department. I am crossing my fingers for horses to either get their own game pack, or expansion pack.
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    I would love to see them expressed in TS4 and I would be very curious to seeing them having their own pack. Those are wonderful ideas @Phantomrose90.

I admit I have mixed feelings about paying for things separated (in general, not just with horses) when they were previously offered in a full pack and you paid once for it. It's strange for me that generally some have settled into the idea that separating things from their packs means they'll automatically be better. I've learned that's not a guarantee and I've had plenty of expansion packs from games that had multiple elements going on that were very fleshed out.

But I guess a positive way to look at it is that they would be offering a new pack that wasn't really done before with the Sims. Which I'm up for as I'd have loved more innovative packs to be out instead of the same stuff from previous games that I think should have been base game (ie toddlers, pets, weather and a few other things). It would have been nice to be a continuation of it's predecessors, and then build from there with new things we haven't experienced before.

Also just my opinion to another comment in this thread; I personally don't feel a vet career is a good replacement for horses. A great career yes! But no to "replacement" of a Sim, pet or not. To me, they are my "toddler." I'm curious if family players would feel a pediatrician career would be a reasonable replacement for toddlers, something that offers a specialty career for your Sims to treat children specifically (the career constantly reminding them that toddlers could have been part of that).

If there are family players here, could you let me know please? If you had the choice, would you trade in toddlers for a specialty career?
  • Options
    Mycatjake1Mycatjake1 Posts: 61 Member
    I'd kinda like to see horses get introduced in a farm themed pack. I had a big farm in TS3 and it was so fun having my sims grow their own vegetables and collect milk, eggs, and honey from cows, chickens, and bees. I didn't have Pets but if I did I would have added a couple of horses to the farm too.
  • Options
    Baenre wrote: »
    I would love to see them expressed in TS4 and I would be very curious to seeing them having their own pack. Those are wonderful ideas @Phantomrose90.

I admit I have mixed feelings about paying for things separated (in general, not just with horses) when they were previously offered in a full pack and you paid once for it. It's strange for me that generally some have settled into the idea that separating things from their packs means they'll automatically be better. I've learned that's not a guarantee and I've had plenty of expansion packs from games that had multiple elements going on that were very fleshed out.

But I guess a positive way to look at it is that they would be offering a new pack that wasn't really done before with the Sims. Which I'm up for as I'd have loved more innovative packs to be out instead of the same stuff from previous games that I think should have been base game (ie toddlers, pets, weather and a few other things). It would have been nice to be a continuation of it's predecessors, and then build from there with new things we haven't experienced before.

Also just my opinion to another comment in this thread; I personally don't feel a vet career is a good replacement for horses. A great career yes! But no to "replacement" of a Sim, pet or not. To me, they are my "toddler." I'm curious if family players would feel a pediatrician career would be a reasonable replacement for toddlers, something that offers a specialty career for your Sims to treat children specifically (the career constantly reminding them that toddlers could have been part of that).

If there are family players here, could you let me know please? If you had the choice, would you trade in toddlers for a specialty career?

You're asking to compare apples and kumquats. A complete life stage is no comparison to an optional animal, especially when you consider the game structure of Sims 4. We don't have an open world where you can ride a horse everywhere -- you'd take two steps on the horse and boom! you're on a loading screen where you show up at your destination. Where's the fun in that? And seriously, most Sims would be unable to keep horses on their home lots just because of lack of space. A new pack, perhaps with the ability to either own a second lot (so you could have your main home in a San Myshuno penthouse, for example, then own a larger lot where you keep your horse) or with a dedicated boarding facility where your horse gets basic care and feeding (which you're charged for) and you go to ride and train when you have the time, would be the ideal solution. It could either be a GP (The Sims 4: Horsin' Around) or in context of a rural/farming EP. And if we end up with better horses without the issues that plagued Sims 3: Pets that would be much better in the long run than if they tried to shoehorn horses in to Cats & Dogs.

• Options
    Mycatjake1 wrote: »
    I'd kinda like to see horses get introduced in a farm themed pack. I had a big farm in TS3 and it was so fun having my sims grow their own vegetables and collect milk, eggs, and honey from cows, chickens, and bees. I didn't have Pets but if I did I would have added a couple of horses to the farm too.

I would love a farming/rural themed EP, with a Country Fair where Sims can display their handcrafted wares for sale, and contests to judge the best quality pie or cake or jar of preserves. B)
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member

You're asking to compare apples and kumquats. A complete life stage is no comparison to an optional animal, especially when you consider the game structure of Sims 4. We don't have an open world where you can ride a horse everywhere -- you'd take two steps on the horse and boom! you're on a loading screen where you show up at your destination. Where's the fun in that? And seriously, most Sims would be unable to keep horses on their home lots just because of lack of space. A new pack, perhaps with the ability to either own a second lot (so you could have your main home in a San Myshuno penthouse, for example, then own a larger lot where you keep your horse) or with a dedicated boarding facility where your horse gets basic care and feeding (which you're charged for) and you go to ride and train when you have the time, would be the ideal solution. It could either be a GP (The Sims 4: Horsin' Around) or in context of a rural/farming EP. And if we end up with better horses without the issues that plagued Sims 3: Pets that would be much better in the long run than if they tried to shoehorn horses in to Cats & Dogs.

Much of what you mentioned as a potential excuse as to why horses wouldn't work in TS4 already had been covered in my OP and a few posts on how it potentially could work without losing anything. I understand most people who don't have experiences with horses probably can't see it, but I do and I'm trying to offer positive potentials on this. However some people seem more interested in tearing ideas down and focus on the can'ts instead of the possibilities. At this point, this is what this thread is, ideas. In regards to Cats and Dogs, what's done is done. But I'm going to continue to share potential ideas on how things can work in this game, as long as I think of them. What is the harm in it?

And to you it's asking to compare apples to kumquats, to me that isn't the case. As I said, they are *my* "toddlers" and maybe I value them differently than some. But just because you may not be able to relate, doesn't mean I'm coming from left field. Anyway, thank you for taking interest.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I too think that horses will only arrive in game if we get a more rural setting. I know horses exist in the suburbs but that's far less common and doesn't really fit people's ideas about them. This game is based more on the ideas of stuff if you know what I mean. What would you do with your horse in granite falls? Where would it go after the ride? I think routing for horses would be harder in the set up we have now.

People always say it will be harder to have some of the features with this game.
    Yes things could be hard but not impossible, unless you know something I don't about what's not ever going to come back with this game?
    I think some underestermate what they could create for this game.
    Horses could very well end up in a farming pack with other animals in the future.
    They get plenty of the green towards resources for future packs.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options

Yes even tho I want horses I do like the look of the clinic.
    Wonder if cats and dogs can can work again?

• Options
    MeikoRoseMeikoRose Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Rawla said:
    > Horses, in my opinion, is what made Sims 3 pets great. Not having them in this one is, very disappointing. Not to say this pack won't be fun. Just saying I really wanted horses again.
    >
    > That being said, the vet career and clinic sounds interesting. I hope it works better than the doctor career does.

Same. It was really awesome to have an unexpected pet. Plus, it provided the extra gameplay for storytelling. You could have a wealthier sim learn to be an equestrian and with GT, I think it would have made for great club ideas.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I would like the option to "purchase" another property. My sim could have an extra property with the horses on there and visit the other property whenever they wanted. Put a little shack there so that there is someone that tends to the horses while you are away. Also, allow up to 8 on your other property lot also. That would count your helper and a horse and allow 6 more in case you wanted a dog and more horses, or whatever pets you wanted.

Of course a whole new expansion pack with horses would be idea though!
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    I always said if the sims 4 came out with a pet EP it wouldn't contain horses. Just like the sims 2, where would they ride them? I always wanted horses in the sims 2 but it never happened. I think the horses are what makes the pet ep so much fun. I always include horses in my game when I play the sims 3. You can't beat the sims 3 no matter how hard you try. It has everything and so much more.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I always said if the sims 4 came out with a pet EP it wouldn't contain horses. Just like the sims 2, where would they ride them? I always wanted horses in the sims 2 but it never happened. I think the horses are what makes the pet ep so much fun. I always include horses in my game when I play the sims 3. You can't beat the sims 3 no matter how hard you try. It has everything and so much more.

And they are not trying to beat the sims 3, they are trying to create a game that will be fun ;) . Also I disagree with "it has everything and much more".
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member

I would say Sims 3 had almost everything but it did not have everything. Sims 3 while a pain for some had features that made it fun for me but it still did not grip my attention like Sims 2. Sims 2 for me appears to been more personal than Sims 3 and 4. Now feature wise Sim 3 had more features than Sims 4, it just for me sad that EA/Maxis could not expand on some of the features that Sims 3 had or even some of the features Sims 2 had.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    horses are definitely coming besides there being a code for them in the game, there is so much open areas that need faster transportation and since not every lot has a road connected to it horses would just seem logical.
  • Options
    EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member
    I am under the belief that horses will be added in as a game pack in the future. Maybe they are keeping them separate because they are bigger animals
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited September 2017
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I would say Sims 3 had almost everything but it did not have everything. Sims 3 while a pain for some had features that made it fun for me but it still did not grip my attention like Sims 2. Sims 2 for me appears to been more personal than Sims 3 and 4. Now feature wise Sim 3 had more features than Sims 4, it just for me sad that EA/Maxis could not expand on some of the features that Sims 3 had or even some of the features Sims 2 had.

I completely agree. I was so disappointed when they made the sims 4. I looked so forward to it coming out until I saw what they were offering. I loved the sims 2 too. It had a lot of features that I miss like the sewing machine for one. I guess when the sims 3 was released it just offered so many different options to play I thought it was fantastic. I just never could get interested in the sims 4 after playing in an open world and being able to download other worlds plus coordinate all my colors in the game. If you enjoy the sims 4 and I am sure there are a lot of people that do then I say great. Everybody has their own likes and dislikes. The sims 4 was just not my cup of tea. The sims 3 is a cup of tea and cookies. <3
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Owning a Ranch can be a lot of fun. its true we can easily have them on almost any size land, On smaller land, you just need a barn and a horse or two even if you put your home over the barn with steps entering from the outside. Just decorate with hay and straw tall grass, and other things and furniture typical at a Ranch. Granite Falls can be turned into Ranch Country easily, so can the Large Island in Windenburg.

Since Sims 4 is a Simi open World we can ride or walk our horse off our land and around the area easily going rather far as they do in real life they could patch in areas for horse drinking near fishing holes.

Breeding horses in other worlds are mostly number one thing to do far as owing and breeding animals. On our larger lots, we could make a complete Ranch. Building barns for different breeds of horses nice western homes if we like.
    It would be especially nice if we could sell them at open Ranch sale, at a retail lot like a horse show, and townies could come and buy the ones they like. So a new business as well. Only no restocking but rebreeding, So that would keep us with more to do.

I think this could be easy to patch in after Cats and Dogs. It's not that much difference in making a large breed dog vs a horse. Unlike farming when you would need so many different kinds of animals. Also if it's too difficult for them to allow riding the horse we could just walk them, that would be easy. It would also be fun for our teens and kids.

Beautiful Ranches :)
    zW7JIWU.jpg
    RLrNGKa.jpg
    FTEdcWk.jpg
    LWa5D4B.jpg
    rshEgKD.jpg
    NQiROSk.jpg
    UrfedrL.jpg
    rkH46in.jpg
    ymUbopM.jpg
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    TS1299 wrote: »

And they are not trying to beat the sims 3, they are trying to create a game that will be fun ;) . Also I disagree with "it has everything and much more".

Pity they can't make a game that is fun for eveybody ;)
    I disagree that this game as everything and much more.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top