Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

stuck in the forest... help!

Ever since my merchant finished a quest in the forest she has been stuck there, and I can't interact with her/call her somewhere either.
I enabled testingcheats in the game folder so that I could try and reset her, or teleport her, but for some reason the cheats still seem not to work. Shift+clic does nothing, whether it be on a character or on the ground.
Does someone know why and how to reset her?

Comments

• Options
    TrashDeBluncTrashDeBlunc Posts: 85 Member
    Just when I was wishing for some TSM forum activity too! I didn't wish for more activity in the form of issues dagnabit! And as you said, all I could easily find in a quick search was, "Ancient Secrets: The merchant will become stuck in the forest at the end of this quest and requires using a testing cheat to reset in a following quest where the merchant is an active hero." But I think the key part is that the following quest has to have the merchant as the active hero? When you enabled testingcheats did you go and open a new quest with her as one of your heroes?
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    I have had this problem before. I did manage to get the merchant unstuck using cheats From Carl's forum:
    Here are the instruction to enable testing cheats:

1. Go to you game installation folder and into the following folder
    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Ini

2. Open Commands.Ini with notepad or another text editor and change the following
    TestingCheatsEnabled=0 to TestingCheatsEnabled=1 then save the file. If you can't get the file to safe due to access permissions. Save in another location such as my documents then copy the new file over, replacing the old one.

3. Start your game, hold down shift and click on your stuck sim. Click Object, Then click Force Reset. Your sim will now still be in the same place but when you tell them to do something they can actually move.

It is tricky. Keep trying from different vantage points. Here is what another simmer said on MTS:
    I just had this same problem. The cure I found was going to the other side of the Sim. So I was looking at her from deeper in the forest and I was able to click on her and force reset with a shift click and testingcheatsenabled.

• Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Thanks for your replies, I did enable testingcheats in Commands.Ini but the thing is, it still doesn't do anything when I shift+clic. @TrashDeBlunc The merchant is active in my current quest along with another sim, but shift+clic doesn't do anything on either of them. Also sorry for posting only because a problem occurred x'D
    @1need4kaffee I get what you mean with the angle thing, when I try to shift+click on her it sometimes clicks on the forest instead, but when it indeed clicks the sim, it just does nothing (as with any other sim)...
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    In your current quest, is the second character a knight, the monarch or the spy? If so, try this fix that worked for someone:

Solution (All steps I took to free him, whether or not they are all necessary is undetermined):
    1. Save and quit.
    2. Go to quest menu then exit
    3. Load current quest.
    4. Click on stuck Sim.
    5. (If possible) Switch to secondary hero and click on trapped sim.
    6. Duel nearby guard.
    7. Stuck Sim should be free.

• Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Yep, the other sim is the monarch so I tried your solution @1need4kaffee, but it didn't work :/ thanks anyways. I guess I will continue playing without the merchant for a bit, cheating her needs so that she doesn't pass out, and see if she gets free after a while...