Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Wolf Den -- Reading Circle for New Stories -- FULL

Comments

• Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    Oh wow, it's on me already? :O

I promise to go back and answer @Cement 's today, I really meant to, it just got away from me I guess. ;_;

Happens to me alllllllllllllllll the time. XD
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited July 2017
    Still going to answer @Cement 's as soon as I can. :sweat:
    1) What part of the story really, really stood out to you? (Feel free to "quote" it below) Why did that part stick out to you? Does it hold any value in your every day life? If so, what value (if it's not too personal)?

2) Which character would you most like to meet in real life? Are they your favorite character? Your least favorite character? What about them makes you so drawn to them?

Jay. He's not my favorite character, though he is one of them in this generation. He's got such a rough past but a heart of gold and will do what he thinks is right even if it means getting ridiculed by everyone else. He's a chaotic good individual, and they always have a special place in my soul.

3) Along with the last question, which characters do you admire the most? Which ones do you despise the most? Why? What specifically did they do to make you feel that way about them?

Ah, I admire Aiden the most. I wish I was as selfless as he is - running a non-profit charity organization takes a special kind of person. It takes an even better person to spend most of their free time volunteering at soup kitchens and such like he does.

I despise... no one, but I do dislike Christina and Willow at times (and Christopher). I understand that there are a lot of people out there like this, and that they are only doing what they feel is correct, but they are all very judgy and it only gets worse in generation 2.

4) Were you immediately drawn into the story, or did it feel "forced" on you? For the author, did you just want to get past that first part to get to the good stuff, or did you start out with the good stuff? For the reader, did you just want to skim over the first part, or were you drawn into it?

I did want to skip past a lot of stuff to just dive into the 'good stuff' but I felt like, in order for my story to be a story-driven legacy, there needed to be character development and plot points otherwise than 'this teenager killed my parents!?!?!?!!?' haha.

5) What was your favorite part of the most recent chapter of the story? How did reading that chapter make you feel?

Jason was hands down my most favorite part. I love that toddler, he is adorable. ^_^

6) Has this story changed you at all? Have you started viewing things differently based on this story? Have you learned something new or been exposed to new ideas?

I don't think it has changed me, but it has made me get into the heads of more religious (and judgemental) people and try to understand them better. Same goes for Carson, it really made me think about what would cause a 15 year old to break into a house and end up killing two people.

7) If you could say anything to one of the characters -- but only one -- which character would you talk to and what would you want to say to them?

8) Have you read anything else by the author? If so, can you draw any similarities between the stories?

4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Hey guys, I got some time now so here are my answers :^)
    1) What part of the story really, really stood out to you? (Feel free to "quote" it below) Why did that part stick out to you? Does it hold any value in your every day life? If so, what value (if it's not too personal)?
    The usage of a religion being in place as a norm. It's something that isn't very touched up on in most simlit I read since most of the time someone gets pregnant quickly out of a one night stand or whatnot. I do consider myself quite religious even though I'm sure if most people meet me off the bat they don't really expect that from how I act lmao. Am I Jay
    I do understand where Willow is coming from and why she thinks the way she does, and it's kinda nice being able to understand someone without having to put myself in their shoes!

2) Which character would you most like to meet in real life? Are they your favorite character? Your least favorite character? What about them makes you so drawn to them?
    Kylie and Jason because they're CUTE TODDLERS and I wanna give them HUGS

3) Along with the last question, which characters do you admire the most? Which ones do you despise the most? Why? What specifically did they do to make you feel that way about them?
    I don't exactly have a favorite yet, but I do wonder a lot about Carson and Kylie--Like Carson's reasons and what will happen to Kylie when her brother is charged as an adult, since, well, murder.
    I also sorta wonder what Willow is going to do. The place where the story is at the moment is sort of complex for Willow since she's not on good terms with Christina and Christopher now and she's just learned something new about Jay he didn't mention off the bat. Whew!

4) Were you immediately drawn into the story, or did it feel "forced" on you? For the author, did you just want to get past that first part to get to the good stuff, or did you start out with the good stuff? For the reader, did you just want to skim over the first part, or were you drawn into it?
    Drawn, of course. Because murder. :smirk: The easiest way to get me to read anything. ...Or weird animal articles...

5) What was your favorite part of the most recent chapter of the story? How did reading that chapter make you feel?
    The part where Jay introduces his son because he's so little and I'm a sucker for kids :sob:
    And he's named Jason.
    -giggles-
    Jay's son :D

6) Has this story changed you at all? Have you started viewing things differently based on this story? Have you learned something new or been exposed to new ideas?

7) If you could say anything to one of the characters -- but only one -- which character would you talk to and what would you want to say to them?

8) Have you read anything else by the author? If so, can you draw any similarities between the stories?
    I had been debating if I should read Chasing Rainbows' Sims 3 version or continue following the Sims 4 version. From what I've read so far, I hadn't found any similarities aside from a setting where the protagonist is thrown into an area where they're a little out of their element, I suppose.

For The Landon Legacy, Willow is an ambitious woman who left her small town past for San Myshuno to study, only to come back and find out her parents were killed. When she's back, there's a vibe of some of the familiar faces--Christina--having low key thoughts that she must've changed during her time in the city. Now she's battling that while trying to come to terms with the fact her parents are dead. Yikes.
    For Chasing Rainbows, I started reading up a bit of the Sims 4 version. Here we have Maize who grew up in a more, well, "accepting" area where he actually had friends with the misfits. But after a fight and his parents finding out he's been rebelling like any other teenager, he's been thrown into Sugar Springs, where everyone's pretty dang hostile to his rebellious ways since they're all pretty strict there.

and now I'm trying to kill this fly in my room because oh my GOD the buzzing

also kinda funny since I watched a movie called Makkhi with my friend the other day and it's about a guy who became a fly and killed his murderer as a fly
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    IT'S SUNDAY FUNDAY. CYCLE SUNDAY. SUNDAY.
    Discussion #3, Week #6: Standing Out

This week, we're discussing Severed From Sixam by @bellagorilla . :)

Questions:

My answers:
    “Alright, mother.” Yen faced Nylah with determination. “I’ll get married to someone you don’t approve of.”

I can honestly see her taking a step forward to face her mother and saying this. :) While I don't aprove of the reasons behind the marriage, I can understand it.

I'd love to meet Lynn in real life. :) She's so beautiful, I could definitely use some tips from her! XD

I honestly hope that Cho didn't just use her as a stepping stone... But, at the moment, I definitely do not like him...

Yen, you go girly! :)

I've read a couple things, but not enough to draw much comparison. I did read about the other supernaturals. :)

Post edited by SilentWolf101 on
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member

2) Which character would you most like to meet in real life? Are they your favorite character? Your least favorite character? What about them makes you so drawn to them? I like them all. :3

3) Along with the last question, which characters do you admire the most? Which ones do you despise the most? Why? What specifically did they do to make you feel that way about them? I love how pretty Lynn is, and how Yen made a life for herself and even threw her husband out.

4) Were you immediately drawn into the story, or did it feel "forced" on you? For the author, did you just want to get past that first part to get to the good stuff, or did you start out with the good stuff? For the reader, did you just want to skim over the first part, or were you drawn into it? The first couple bits were easy to write, but then it was hard to continue the story. Since then I've changed things up so I wouldn't have trouble writing it.

5) What was your favorite part of the most recent chapter of the story? How did reading that chapter make you feel? My favorite part is probably the part I haven't shared (yet :smirk: )

6) Has this story changed you at all? Have you started viewing things differently based on this story? Have you learned something new or been exposed to new ideas?Well because of this story (and this group) I've started using poses (and making my own). :3

7) If you could say anything to one of the characters -- but only one -- which character would you talk to and what would you want to say to them? I'd tell Cho how sorry I am for turning everyone against him. :cry:

8) Have you read anything else by the author? If so, can you draw any similarities between the stories? Why yes, I have read other things by the author. :smirk::wink: But no, SFS really doesn't have many similarities with most of what I write. Except maybe The Jaded... (my novel about aliens)

Wow, hard questions to answer. :smirk::wink:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    I'm alive and sorry I didn't manage to talk about every story so far! I'm currently catching up and taking notes and will probably write one huge post later on where I'm talking about everything I want to say about the questions and the stories!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    IT'S SUNDAY FUNDAY. CYCLE SUNDAY. SUNDAY.

This week, we're discussing BNLC by @Asaoyoru . :)

Questions:

My answers:
    Coming soon to screens near you

I’m a small person. I make small things. I wouldn’t be a ruler or a founder or a mayor. I just wanted to make people feel good. And sometimes, that’s the most important thing, right?

This is exactly how I see myself. I'm just a small person, and I make small things. :)

Hannah Wilkins. She reminds me so much of myself, but she also seems like a completely different person. :)

I think I was drawn in enough to keep on reading in one session. :) If I'm not drawn in, it may take me a couple sessions...

To Hannah, it's okay to feel lonely -- Life has a plan for everything, and it will work out in the end. :)

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Omg, two cycle Sundays in a row. What's going on with my life?

This week, we're discussing The Graves Legacy by @winterbaby20 . :)

Questions:

My answers:
    Coming soon to screens near you

Cancelled since the story is no more. As of right now, it's general discussion on standing out. :)
  • Options
    winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    @SilentWolf101 the file has become unplayable and I tried fixing. So I decided to create a new game file with a new story line before my turn came but it keeps freezing. I'm on hiatus until I can buy a gaming laptop. My current laptop hates the game right now. Hopefully, I'll have it by the end of august or the end of September.
  • Options
    I see. Very well. Since we don't have any material to discuss now, your turn will be skipped this time.

New plan! Time for general discussion about standing out! :)
  • Options
    Sorry I've been sort of out of it, you guys! Last minute touch-ups and minor changes in my story kinda kept me busy with the other half of my free time and keeping my brain in constant daydream mode
    As well as, uh... I've been playing Dream Daddy and watching random movies on Netflix with friends pretty often these days... I mean,
    my last post here I talked about how I watched Makkhi so me watching movies isn't that much of a difference :sweat_smile:
    I recently watched John Dies at the End and a few other movies that kind of spoil the thinking process behind a character's backstory... :smirk:

Classes start back up next week for me next week so I'm trying to get all my lazy out as much as I can so I won't slack off this semester by the way :sob:
    Here are my answers for the last two discussions :)

Severed from Sixam
    As I stated before in the past discussion, I adored the idea of war between alien races. It definitely grabbed my attention from the get-go! I love the backdrop of a war-torn kind of world and the idea of a grungy atmosphere and all that jazz.
    Plus it would make sense that it'd have to be some sort of big reason for an alien to end up on Earth.

I was drawn with the backstory of a war being the reason Yen had to move. The details of how things worked on her Sixam showed a good amount of thought poured into it.

Low blow, Cho.
    (Totally not because it rhymes or anything)

Yen was willing to put aside differences to make things work between them, but Cho decided to go for the backstab. smh

I haven't--But after peeking around the blog, I'm going to assume they're fond of using challenges as a base (on the majority), and having predominantly female protagonists.

BNLC
    The meeting with Travis! It seems a little minor, but I think it's pretty great that Hannah's going for him. Most of the ones I tend to read go for Don or J by default.
    Travis, with Hannah, seems a little bit awkward since Hannah doesn't often get his references and such. It's a nice interaction between the two, with Hannah secretly wishing her social life was more than just frogs and plants.

Hannah! I think we'd get along pretty well.
    The way she thinks of her family is heartwarming. She seems to be pretty ambitious to take on the program, even though it meant that she couldn't really leave the area as much with the goal of building a full-fledged park hanging over her head. Being busy like that also makes it hard to find others to mingle with since she won't have time to. When everyone else seems to be moving forward, she has a brighter outlook on life where she isn't too bothered by the path she's chosen and takes it head on.

I would like to say drawn. I haven't read many Build Newcrest challenges, but the idea of it being a program and being selected for it is a nice explanatory background for the odd behavior the founder and following heirs have to adapt to.

In the wordless chapter, there's this screenshot with Summer and Liberty cheering in the background that cracked me up
    hm.png
    I like to imagine the two of them kinda teasing Travis and Hannah through the door :joy:

I haven't, but they recently started a legacy that I was going to get around to reading!

That's unfortunate, @winterbaby20 :( I hope everything gets fixed soon!
    I was going to try to answer the questions from what I remember reading of your legacy story, but I'm bad at names and my answers turned out kind of really vague and confusing :joy:
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Sorry I haven't made a post on my story in a while. I finally got motivation to write the next chapter, and of course, I can't open my game. Had to do a complete reinstall, and it's not accepting my old saves. So... I kind of have to replay to get back to where everything was. XD

EDIT: Because of this and the fact that I'll be out of town this weekend, would you guys be willing to have this general discussion 2 weeks long? :)
  • Options
    Discussion #4, Week #1: Questions and Emotions
    @SilentWolf101 with Heartbeats

Alright, for this discussion, I'm trying something different -- each story will have a new question to discuss. That way, it's not the same, mundane thing each story, repeating yourself over and over again. And for the general discussion at the end of the cycle, you can apply any question to any story. :) Plus, hopefully this will be less daunting than last discussion cycle. :)

What is your favorite part of the story so far, and why? Would you consider putting this into your own story?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I'm gonna assume ya'll are busy with school. XD
    Discussion #4, Week #2: Questions and Emotions
    @Cement with White Lies And Half Truths

If you were writing the story, what would you do next?
  • Options
    :cold_sweat:The cycles

I'm sorry for being a bit ghosty here, but I'll be on this over the weekend!
    School is so busy for me and I'll probably get back on here to type out a silly response next weekend when I hopefully have more time!
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    :cold_sweat:The cycles

I'm sorry for being a bit ghosty here, but I'll be on this over the weekend!
    School is so busy for me and I'll probably get back on here to type out a silly response next weekend when I hopefully have more time!

It's okay! Take all the time you need. :) As long as you eventually do at least two questions, then you're golden.
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    Hey guys.

Just checking in to say hello to everyone and that I hope everyone is doing well. I'm currently preparing for hurricane Irma and it's supposed to hit us Sunday (or, hopefully, it veers off). If I go MIA for a while it's because I don't have power. :[ Hurricane Wilma was only a cat 2 in 2005 and I didn't have power for 22 days (schools were also cancelled for a month) so I might not be able to check in after Sunday for a while.
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Just checking in to say hello to everyone and that I hope everyone is doing well. I'm currently preparing for hurricane Irma and it's supposed to hit us Sunday (or, hopefully, it veers off). If I go MIA for a while it's because I don't have power. :[ Hurricane Wilma was only a cat 2 in 2005 and I didn't have power for 22 days (schools were also cancelled for a month) so I might not be able to check in after Sunday for a while.

Oh no! Hopefully everything goes okay... Good luck out there! <3 I'll keep you in the group for now, because I'm assuming that you'll be back eventually, unless you would like to be removed.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Sooooooooo... I know I just started Heartbeats, and I do plan to continue the story (when I get those screenshots). But... I've got a new story coming out eventually. :) Link in my siggy. :3
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Discussion #4, Week #3: Questions and Emotions
    @arrowleaf with The Landon Legacy

If you could describe this story through one song, what song would you apply to this story, and why?

Totally didn't forget this week...
  • Options
    Gosh, we're all so behind huh... I think I'll be able to write in a big old post tomorrow (or later tonight after some school-related reading.) I've procrastinated so hard on my school stuff last night smh spent my free time making and fiddling with poses until I fell asleep because I just really wanted to avoid doing homework I also need to get on top of my reading circles too aaaa

Speaking of new stories, I'm still thinking about my alien story... LOL 30+ chapters and I'm still thinking about being dedicated to it enough :joy: Logic?

I don't know if I could actually release it next month with the work I'm under for school :sob: I took some initial screenshots in like... June? When I was trying to make a new sig but er, that obviously didn't happen since my sig is still the same hehehe xd I do want to show a few of them off though. ...Because my protag looks pretty good in his human disguise ;);):joy:

Also wanted to pop in here to tag @Asaoyoru because the new TS4 patch includes a wooden duck. :joy:
  • Options
    Cement wrote: »
    Gosh, we're all so behind huh... I think I'll be able to write in a big old post tomorrow (or later tonight after some school-related reading.) I've procrastinated so hard on my school stuff last night smh spent my free time making and fiddling with poses until I fell asleep because I just really wanted to avoid doing homework I also need to get on top of my reading circles too aaaa

Speaking of new stories, I'm still thinking about my alien story... LOL 30+ chapters and I'm still thinking about being dedicated to it enough :joy: Logic?

I don't know if I could actually release it next month with the work I'm under for school :sob: I took some initial screenshots in like... June? When I was trying to make a new sig but er, that obviously didn't happen since my sig is still the same hehehe xd I do want to show a few of them off though. ...Because my protag looks pretty good in his human disguise ;);):joy:

Also wanted to pop in here to tag @Asaoyoru because the new TS4 patch includes a wooden duck. :joy:

Lol, same. I'm sooooooooo far behind on the circle stories. Hence why I haven't answered any of the questions. XD

Story of my life, Cement. XD Story of my life...

THERE'S A WOODEN DUCK?!? *gaspity* I neeeeeeeeeeeed it.

I'm so excited about this new story of mine, but I don't know if I want to put it in this group or not instead of Heartbeats...
  • Options
    Btw, speaking of heartbeats, I've FINALLY got the next chapter out. XD
    1.03: To Far
    Maybe she really doesn’t know anything about the Scarlet Thorns?
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    Hi there awesome peeps! I was swallowed up by a load of homework, but finally my semester is over and I have vacation for a whole two weeks until it starts up again :) Thank you for the mention - the wooden duck gave me life. :joy: I'm excited to announce that I will be returning to my story in the near future and I even managed to tinker on a posting schedule that I would like to set up over my vacation. I really want to read all your stories and get into the discussion as soon as possible! Thanks for being so patient! <3
  • Options
    Boop.

Totally haven't been completely absent here... Nope...