Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the thing with #NoCC in The Gallery?

SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
There are literally no CC creations shown in The Gallery unless you tick the box "Include Custom Content". So why do people use the hashtag then? I use it, because it is a popular hashtag (I want my builds to be popular and it does not not apply to my builds). But other than that, I don't see the point.
Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
hPtVNfA.png
Post edited by SimmerNickYT on

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Maybe because some people have the box ticked and can then see what doesn't have cc? I honestly have no idea. :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2017
    NickSims wrote: »
    There are literally no CC creations shown in The Gallery unless you tick the box "Include Custom Content". So why do people use the hashtag then? I use it, because it is a popular hashtag (I want my builds to be popular and it doesn not not apply to my builds). But other than that, I don't see the point.

That's not correct, I don't have the box ticked to show builds with custom content and I saw hundreds of builds with cc, the gallery filters have never worked right. ETA: Did you just say you have cc in your builds but use the tag no custom content to attract others? :o:/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I like the tag. I've seen lots of lots and sims with cc available and I don't have the box ticked like @Cinebar. I don't use cc so the tag is useful.
  • Options
    Truth be known most people probably don't look past page two or three, since the filters don't separate a 2 bedroom from a three bedroom etc. So, I have no doubt if people are like me they don't get past page three of the gallery.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    You see a ton of incredibly obvious cc while looking at households, so I wouldn't be surprised if the lots/room areas are just as bad.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,359 Member
    Sometimes the game flags a sim as using cc when in truth it isn't.

I have one of those for upload. She has no cc clothing, hair, makeup or anything on her, but has two custom skills from an adult mod. I can only assume that this is why the game thinks she uses cc. I gave that sim the nocc tag, despite users looking for nocc sims using the filter won't even see her. It's more a way of protesting against the unjustified flag.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    SihuSihu Posts: 73 Member
    I personally do that so I can keep my library organized because I often add the same Sim in two versions :one with cc and one without. Even if there is the tiny logo on the side it just helps me to see faster which Sims are in two versions.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

I have one of those for upload. She has no cc clothing, hair, makeup or anything on her, but has two custom skills from an adult mod. I can only assume that this is why the game thinks she uses cc. I gave that sim the nocc tag, despite users looking for nocc sims using the filter won't even see her. It's more a way of protesting against the unjustified flag.
    :neutral: I wouldn't consider a sim who has modded skills unmodded. Do the modded skills just go away if whoever downloads her doesn't have that mod?

Anyway, I am beyond tired of seeing pregnant teens when I don't have the cc box checked.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    There are literally no CC creations shown in The Gallery unless you tick the box "Include Custom Content". So why do people use the hashtag then? I use it, because it is a popular hashtag (I want my builds to be popular and it doesn not not apply to my builds). But other than that, I don't see the point.

That's not correct, I don't have the box ticked to show builds with custom content and I saw hundreds of builds with cc, the gallery filters have never worked right. ETA: Did you just say you have cc in your builds but use the tag no custom content to attract others? :o:/

Well okay, that is clear then. And I said that the #NoCC does not not apply to my builds. As in: I don't have CC in my builds, but it isn't the overall reason for using that tag.
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options

I understand what you mean but still. I would consider a modded skill CC, because it isn't original Maxis content (some people don't have that mod downloaded) and therefore it should be flagged with CC imho.
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Modded skills I can understand but my default replacement skins get flagged. Like it really does not matter or is a part that needs to be replaced if it's not installed.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Modded skills I can understand but my default replacement skins get flagged. Like it really does not matter or is a part that needs to be replaced if it's not installed.

You used cc. Doesn't matter if it default replacement or not, it's still cc.

I never check cc. Thank goodness cc doesn't transfer like it did with the exchange. I don't want other people's cc, and there's no sense in me looking at content someone used cc on since I don't have the cc. I just wish they'd mark the custom poses as cc, too.
  • Options
    cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    @NickSims the hash #nocc is from the area before the gallery had the CC filter and the wench icon for CC. Sticky Thread in the Lots sub forum by SimGuruHydra

@EnkiSchmidt there is a gallery bug with the club outfits from GT getting flagged as CC, is your Sim wearing one of those?
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    For one the gallery have never worked right. Each and every time I browse through the gallery, I see tons and tons of uploads with CC and I don't have it ticked to be able to see them. Also, I remember reading a post that if you load up something that you have made and it has custom content, you are supposed to use the hashtag #CC but no one really was. So people started using #noCC to weed out things with CC. Well the others caught wind of it and started using the hashtag #noCC when clearly their uploads are loaded with CC.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Well okay, that is clear then. And I said that the #NoCC does not not apply to my builds. As in: I don't have CC in my builds, but it isn't the overall reason for using that tag.

Oh, sorry my mistake. Yes, if you don't have any cc in your builds keep adding the tag, because a lot of us search by tags instead of wading thru the many lots since the gallery doesn't have filter to separate how many bedrooms etc.
  • Options
    QueenMercy wrote: »

:neutral: I wouldn't consider a sim who has modded skills unmodded. Do the modded skills just go away if whoever downloads her doesn't have that mod?

Anyway, I am beyond tired of seeing pregnant teens when I don't have the cc box checked.

Ya, and when you see some Sims hair or outfit you know it isn't in game even when you aren't looking for cc Sims.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,359 Member
    crysk wrote: »
    @EnkiSchmidt there is a gallery bug with the club outfits from GT getting flagged as CC, is your Sim wearing one of those?

She is not in a club, so, no. In fact she doesn't have anything from GT at all on her body.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited September 2017
    Do you have CC at all in your game? Do you have any defaults in your game like eyes or skins? How did you get her base? Was she a random roll in CAS? Did you get the base off the gallery and if so was she listed as having CC on her at that time? Could she originally have had any CC on her at the start? The gallery classification can be a bit...gltichy...and sometimes if something originally had CC it still shows it being present even if it's been removed and is no longer actually present. It's really annoying but I honestly unfortunately doubt fixing the Gallery on a bug like this is high on their list of priorities right now.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    I haven't used the Gallery much in TS4 (haven't played TS4 much) & I'm confused by how it works with CC. Is it even possible to download CC from the gallery? I thought I read that you couldn't. In which case, why would people use the hashtag if none of it has it? I haven't seen any CC in my gallery searches which seems odd to me. I feel like I should have at least seen one wrench icon by now as I've searched for multiple things.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I haven't used the Gallery much in TS4 (haven't played TS4 much) & I'm confused by how it works with CC. Is it even possible to download CC from the gallery? I thought I read that you couldn't. In which case, why would people use the hashtag if none of it has it? I haven't seen any CC in my gallery searches which seems odd to me. I feel like I should have at least seen one wrench icon by now as I've searched for multiple things.

Cc does not transfer, like it did from the Sims 3 exchange, but people can upload with cc and if you download and don't have the cc the Sims will be naked or bald and wall covers, floor patterns, or objects missing. It's not like the Sims 3 where missing things get replaced (like if you uninstalled a piece of cc and reloaded a game using it), it's just gone.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    It should be noted however if they use an item from an actual game/stuff/expansion pack that you don't own it will first attempt to replace an item with something that it views as similar from a pack you do own. Not sure if it does this with CAS items but I have had this happen with with Build/Buy mode items. As noted by DivieOwl this does not happen with CC items in either category.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    I actually don't mind that the gallery is how it is, although the filters are really not great. I don't use it much but I really don't like building houses with a touchpad. I don't like it much anyway, but it's worse with a touchpad than a mouse, I discovered. In anycase, I like that the CC doesn't transfer like it used to do and I can deal with gappy areas, colour changes, missing sim hair and the like on the odd occasions I do download stuff. It's like buying food that you know has no additives in it. It seems safer that way.

But I can understand the frustration people might have with sims that show up looking like they have no custom content in their listing and then when they download it, they do.