Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is New Lighting Working?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    MikeWoolfMikeWoolf Posts: 39 Member
    @buzz_infamous @DeKay no solution for the bluish tint yet? I want to have the windows light in middle settings :( :(
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,711 Member
    MikeWoolf wrote: »
    buzz_infamous @DeKay no solution for the bluish tint yet? I want to have the windows light in middle settings :(:(

Nope. The game is programmed that way to have the blue tint for lower settings, unfortunately. :\
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    MikeWoolfMikeWoolf Posts: 39 Member
    @DeKay
    Do you think they'll fix this someday? I've looked for this by heaven and earth, by the way, when can I post in the forum? xD
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,711 Member
    MikeWoolf wrote: »
    @DeKay
    Do you think they'll fix this someday? I've looked for this by heaven and earth, by the way, when can I post in the forum? xD

I don't know. Last I heard, I know the devs are aware of the issue and are looking into it. I don't know if they will be able to do it. They have other game breaking bugs to fix.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    naomehnaomeh Posts: 367 Member
    edited September 2017
    MSREnXH.png
    It WAS working for me as you can see here.

However, recently my game doesn't show these changes anymore ever since I updated a nvidia program. The options are still all very high.

I know what you mean with the blue tint. I actually thought something was wrong with my computer due to it and how severe it was. I also have a gaming laptop with a nvidia graphics card that I bought for the express purpose of being able to play the sims on good settings, and I'm not seeing this anymore. v
  • Options
    tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    Sadly, I don't think I can see it. Which is weird because I have a gaming laptop with a high quality Nvidia graphics card. I do have the annoying black window issue, but no shadows/lighting at all through the windows. :(
  • Options
    Actually, maybe I am? Is this the new lighting, or was it always like this? OeMvIRB.pngwMk9Txv.png
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    @tinkerbell3552 the new lighting IS working to some extent as you noticed, but there is still an issue with it 'skipping'. i mean it does not move smoothly on the objects but rather jumps
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    @buzz_infamous good to know, thanks! I really only see a few streams of light here and there, and my house has a lot of windows, so I wasn't sure. I kind of wish that the light fixtures would not go on in the day because it seems like that messes with the sunlight, but maybe that's just me.
  • Options
    FrosFros Posts: 38 Member
    Man I gotta say the new lighting is sick I just got a computer that can handle it and it awesome I love it