Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Occult Life State Would You Like To See Next As A Game Pack?

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2017
    Well considering that we have the vampires pack, and that poorly made Plantsims are in the game..

I'd like if they made a witches gamepack next.

With magic skill, alchemy skill (which means more harvestables and whatnots), more and better voodoo doll spells (let's be real the developers keep saying the vfx team they have never has too much work but I don't see any vfx on that doll, it's a bore to use that in the game all it does is give moodlets), group rituals for witches (like reviving sims or summoning ghosts it be cool for clubs too) which kind of takes us to zombies if the ritual goes bad or they have low magic skill but then we'd have two lifestates in the pack so idk but it would be amusing to watch, magic gnomes...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Well considering that we have the vampires pack, and that poorly made Plantsims are in the game..

I'd like if they made a witches gamepack next.

With magic skill, alchemy skill (which means more harvestables and whatnots), more and better voodoo doll spells (let's be real the developers keep saying the vfx team they have never has too much work but I don't see any vfx on that doll, it's a bore to use that in the game all it does is give moodlets), group rituals for witches (like reviving sims or summoning ghosts it be cool for clubs too) which kind of takes us to zombies if the ritual goes bad or they have low magic skill but then we'd have two lifestates in the pack so idk but it would be amusing to watch, magic gnomes...

I actually agree, zombies would fit well in a witches game pack. I think it's better if they put two lifestates in a pack if the other lifestate (in this case zombies) doesn't have as much gameplay to offer as say, witches. So maybe Plantsims and Faeries could be packed together? Werewolves could probably merit their own game, maybe add Bigfoot.

Side note: I'd love a robot/simbot game pack.
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I want witches too and they seem to be the most popular choice after vampires, so they're probably next.

But can we please have robots next? I absolutely need robots, I miss the ones from Into the Future so much :'( I would also enjoy more fleshed out aliens and ghosts, but I don't think it's gonna happen, sadly. I only hope they remake plantsims, they really could patch them with fairies.
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    I would like a Witches GP, and then a GP with 2 less popular supernatural life stages, maybe. Maybe a Witches GP and then a Fairies and Werewolves GP? Fairies and Werewolves don't have as much gameplay and are less popular, but together they may make a good GP.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I love supernaturals. So far I have 10 aliens, 3-5 half aliens, and 5 vampires with a baby. I want mostly witches and plumbots next but I wouldn't mind werewolves, fairies, improved plantsims, ghosts that can make babies, and mermaids. The mummy was kind of neat.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    While I'll gladly take any supernatural creature they're willing to give us, the only one I really care about and really, really want is the witch.

I've seen people ask for fairies a lot. This might sound plum, but can someone tell me what exactly the difference is? Both witches and fairies are humanoid creatures with magic powers who can be good or evil, so surely it wouldn't be too difficult to pass off one as the other, no matter what we'll actually get first.

Depends on who you ask... there is a Huge difference. While yes they can both utilize magic, it's more about How they utilize magic. Magic is actually very abstract.

A Fairy, is a type of elf, Almost bound to the same rules as a genie. A divinity, commonly immortal, that can indeed fly. There are various kinds, Some take up dentistry, some grant wishes, protect/defend children, animals. Which brings me back to how they use Magic. In order for a Fairy to be a Fairy, Their magic, their existence as a fairy, depends on belief, not solely from those who believe in fairies, but also belief from within, with no doubts. Having this belief established, allows them to manufacture, an illusive element, known as Fairy Dust, Harvested from Diamonds.
    and then there's Pixie Dust if I recall correctly is Harvested from some kind of "bell" flower, that I can't remember the name of. Usually their weakness is rain (Can't fly with wet wings) and lack of self-confidence.

I don't really like Witches, I'm slightly prejudice against them. A Witch is a simply ignorant practitioner of magic who doesn't really know what they're doing. their way of magic is seemed to be driven by rituals, and gathering objects that have magic stored within. Their limit/usually their down fall is seeking power that is too complex for them to contain.
    Also an insult to some magic users, my simself included.

A Sorcerer is a Human with innate ability of the Arcane. As Sorcerers can directly manipulate reality. they can access more energy and types of magic using the resources around them. Their only limit is their amount of energy, they can endure without extinguishing their existence.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MEP199MEP199 Posts: 46 Member
    I want witches, in a more "realistic" kind of way. You know, kinda like wiccan/real life witch inspired(obviously not actual wiccas etc, because of obvious reasons), they could learn to become witches by practicing, use herbs in spells and potions, have elemental magic, and learn to contact with ghosts and do something cool with them. Of course they could also have more fantasy-like options like broomsticks.If cats and dogs were installed, they could have some special interactions with black cats. I also want things like matcmaking, occult-career;palmistry, astrology and so on. They could become good, evil(use black magic) or neutral. Oh and add darkwave please o:)
  • Options
    tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    My first choice would be witches. And then mermaids. And then fairies. I highly doubt we'd ever see mermaids, though, it seems like it would just be too much work since they'd have to be underwater always.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Witches, werewolves, sorcerers would be my first pick.

Fairies could be fun but I want to see how they are implemented first.

I hope they will revisit plantsims because I don't like the temporary effects. If it followed the moon or something it would be one thing but I would not like having to rotate back to a household and feed them fruit for them to become plantsims again. Or that they have little choice in hair.
    Was it Guild Wars 2 that had those good looking plant-people? Don't remember right now but I hope they will receive an update.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    Was it Guild Wars 2 that had those good looking plant-people? Don't remember right now but I hope they will receive an update.

Guild Wars 2 has the sylvari race, yeah. They're the best looking plant-characters I've ever seen and there's so much customisation for them.
  • Options

Guild Wars 2 has the sylvari race, yeah. They're the best looking plant-characters I've ever seen and there's so much customisation for them.

Sylvari, those are the ones. Felt like a bit of a letdown with the poor little plantsim so I just couldn't play it :D
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I was never all that taken in with the Sylvari in GW2, but I do think it'd be cool to see Plant Sims expanded in greater detail. I feel like they've got potential.

As far as first pick? Honestly, I know the title says Occult, but if we're just talking supernatural abilities, I'd like to see something superhero-themed. I think the framework of the Weaknesses system would go well with superheroes. They have their superpowers and then they could be given one major core weakness, like the standard superhero trope. I like the fact that superheroes are closer in style to realism than most occult types; that they're often themed as being normal, everyday folks, but with superpowers underneath.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    Triplis wrote: »
    I was never all that taken in with the Sylvari in GW2, but I do think it'd be cool to see Plant Sims expanded in greater detail. I feel like they've got potential.

As far as first pick? Honestly, I know the title says Occult, but if we're just talking supernatural abilities, I'd like to see something superhero-themed. I think the framework of the Weaknesses system would go well with superheroes. They have their superpowers and then they could be given one major core weakness, like the standard superhero trope. I like the fact that superheroes are closer in style to realism than most occult types; that they're often themed as being normal, everyday folks, but with superpowers underneath.

I've been asking for this for years I'm glad someone finally agrees, a Superhero pack could be great considering they're really popular right now.
    It could also work really well with the disguises feature used in all the lifestates in game so far, you could make your own costume and pick a name, maybe pick your powers? Stuff like telepathy, flying, super strength. Of course supervillains should be it's own thing too with darker powers and aesthetics.

They could include something like a news career since that's a pretty common superhero trope.
  • Options
    Not that interested in a superhero-pack at the moment, will have to see it first.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Not that interested in a superhero-pack at the moment, will have to see it first.

Super hero pack? o.O Do you know what an occult is?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Super hero pack? o.O Do you know what an occult is?

they're commenting on the replies above theirs. my heart is set on witches first and foremost but I wouldn't be opposed to superhero type stuff (though it's not necessarily my cup of tea) as a later addition.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I'm firmly in the Werewolf Pack den. Especially now that we'll soon have dog and cat fur.
    Though I will say, @MasonGamer, until I read your great summary I had no idea how they would fill a whole Game Pack. That was fantastic.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Another werewolves fan here.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I want something different from the usual witches. What I want is a general Magic Pack, in the lines of the Sims 1 Makin' Magic:

https://youtu.be/fIwXl5JXuII

https://youtu.be/otb4vKfEBdU

Magic Town could be a mini-neighborhood (like Forgotten Hollow) where you can go buy magic supplies, practice your magic in duels, or just go have fun. Or you could just sell the introductory magic kit for Simoleons, not have a Magic Sim but be able to go watch the duels, ride the rides and be entertained. Anyone could learn magic, but success/failure would be determined by level of Magic Skill and maybe a little bit by traits (a Clumsy Sim would have more failures but would laugh them off, an Evil Sim would have more success with Evil spells, etc.).

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DonnaSpartacusDonnaSpartacus Posts: 35 Member
    stilljustme2 I love your idea for magic town 2.0!
    I'd love that as well!
    I just wish for the perfect Mycroftsim *sigh*
    mycroft_640.jpg
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Making Magic was my absolute favorite EP of all time! Magictown was the greatest!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I want something different from the usual witches. What I want is a general Magic Pack, in the lines of the Sims 1 Makin' Magic:

Magic Town could be a mini-neighborhood (like Forgotten Hollow) where you can go buy magic supplies, practice your magic in duels, or just go have fun. Or you could just sell the introductory magic kit for Simoleons, not have a Magic Sim but be able to go watch the duels, ride the rides and be entertained. Anyone could learn magic, but success/failure would be determined by level of Magic Skill and maybe a little bit by traits (a Clumsy Sim would have more failures but would laugh them off, an Evil Sim would have more success with Evil spells, etc.).

Witches definitely need to be a lifestate (meaning there's a witch trait) so that it's easier to control when it comes to generating sims, the club system and such.

If you make a club of normal sims there's no guarantee they'll perform magic stuff because npc inventory is very specific in how it works so that the game doesn't bloat.

And I wouldn't expect roller coasters in a witch pack, like they seriously need to 100% focus on the magic if they do a GP solely for witches.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

Ugh, what I would give for this map to be real in game.
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__cidade_da_magia___magic_town_by_filipesims-daoub5o.jpg
    It would be a perfect anniversary gift if you ask me, that or Pleasantview or Old Town.
    Any of the maps by flipesims would be welcomed by me with open arms!
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I'm surprised werewolves weren't included with the outdoor pack, although that probably would have made it an expansion.

If EA only cares about sales, it sort of sounds like magic would be the way to go. Perhaps they could blend witches and fairies into one pack?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    howsimlish wrote: »
    Ugh, what I would give for this map to be real in game.
    _sims_4_fanmade_map__cidade_da_magia___magic_town_by_filipesims-daoub5o.jpg
    It would be a perfect anniversary gift if you ask me, that or Pleasantview or Old Town.
    Any of the maps by flipesims would be welcomed by me with open arms!

they did Old Town too. be still my heart! I love the Green Haven one too. ah what I would do for any of these. . . does make you wish even harder for a CAW!
    6riwm5.png