The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem with dining out!

Hello :smile:

I don't know what happened but I took my Sims to the Chez Llama Restaurant recently. We left home at sim time 3:20. We arrived at the restaurant and we were seated. My sim ordered for the table and we waited, and waited and waited. Finally, at 10:30 sim time we left for home, hungry as we never received our order. Did I do something wrong? I thought I checked the confirm box after I selected the order.

Confused.

JudyC :neutral:

Comments

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    The same thing has been happening in my game too. I sent my sims out for breakfast at 8:30am Sims time and end up sitting there for at least 10 sims hours waiting on the food to arrive by the time it gets there my sims are already conked out on the floor and on the verge of wetting themselves.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    KimmmyGibbblerKimmmyGibbbler Posts: 120 Member
    I used to have this problem all the time, the fix for me was as simple as ordering food by clicking on the waiter... it only never came if I ordered by clicking on the table. Hope that works for you guys too. <3 K.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,712 Member
    Hello
    I am sorry that you have had this issue. Other simmers have also had this sometimes occur in their game. You didn't do anything wrong. It may not occur when you visit that same restaurant again. If the wait seems to be a long time, try having your sims cancel the order, then reorder the meal again.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I've had it take over 18 hours at a restaurant and still not got fed. What I do now, and I haven't had near as many problems. I'll sit and order, and find another group of sims that order right after my sim and watch their table. If they get their food and my sims still haven't, I cancel the order/give up the table, and do it again. Sometimes your food gets done but the waiter/waitress drops the queue to deliver the food to your sims and then you just end up sitting their waiting forever.