Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speculation- possible seasons icons

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    As for police car and school bus, I took a picture that I was planning to share.

I suppose we can all agree that it seems the team leaves hints in the game and this came with the toddler stuff pack.

Lm7cjGX.png
    Agree! look at City Living, they hinted the release of that by moving the city skyline that use to be way in the background when the base game got released close to the foreground when they released Newcrest.
  • Options
    saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    Seasons
    Tropical Vacation
    Cars and Motorbikes

Burglar seems free update for everyone when cars and motorbikes GP released along with Police Officer NPC.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I hope we get seasons ep next! I have a feeling those are just icon though and not hints.

Correct me if I am wrong but aren't those icons used in game.

Isn't the school bus one used when something happens at school? Like good or bad? The snow/fall ones are definitely not in game as far as I know.
  • Options
    CrueltivityCrueltivity Posts: 161 Member
    edited August 2017
    Can somebody post a link with all icons this person found in the game?

Edit: Found the link and somebody posted under that post that the majority of the icons are already used and most were already in the base game (probably not hints) but these were added recently and they haven't seen it used in the game. So it's definitely just to tease Seasons
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    As for police car and school bus, I took a picture that I was planning to share.

I suppose we can all agree that it seems the team leaves hints in the game and this came with the toddler stuff pack.

Lm7cjGX.png
    OK, now I'm getting my hopes up.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Can somebody post a link with all icons this person found in the game?

It's in the very first post :)
  • Options
    Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    It's definitely interesting! I wonder what purpose the icons could serve if not for (presumably) future content? Also looks like they used @Dreagen1 's renders but didn't credit her. :o

This is alright with me, just as long as someone isn't saying they made it themselves instead of me I'll let it go :)
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited August 2017
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    It's definitely interesting! I wonder what purpose the icons could serve if not for (presumably) future content? Also looks like they used @Dreagen1 's renders but didn't credit her. :o

I thought the same thing. There's no credit given :(

I think because of this: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/post/quote/915548/Discussion_915548

It's referring specifically to the stuff pack vote, but I bet the first part applies to the forums in general. If you share ideas, art, so on here they may use it without crediting or compensating you.

ETA: if they are your renders @Dreagen1 you did a great job.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I thought the same thing. There's no credit given :(

I think because of this: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/post/quote/915548/Discussion_915548

It's referring specifically to the stuff pack vote, but I bet the first part applies to the forums in general. If you share ideas, art, so on here they may use it without crediting or compensating you.

ETA: if they are your renders @Dreagen1 you did a great job.

this is just some random guy he has nothing to do with ea or the sims
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Yeah, definitely not real for two reasons.
    First I saw the season renders that Dreagen1 did earlier in the video.
    And two the three sims building an igloo together at the end of the video is an old gameplay from Sims 3: Seasons.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    These are the symbols not including the seasons ones that we can see:
    1. airplane
    2. hummingbird
    3. parrot
    4. looks like a skull out of stone, maybe a cave?
    5. cannon
    6. crab
    7. flags
    8. pirate hat
    9. hook
    10. jellyfish
    11. mermaid tail
    12. palm tree
    13. palm tree island
    14. message in a bottle
    15. penguin
    16. pirate flag
    17. pirate ship
    18. seahorse
    19. squid
    20. sword
    21. hand telescope
    22. treasure
    23. treasure chest
    24. map
    25. volcano

Furthermore:
    1. bunk beds
    2. burglar alarm
    3. burglars
    4. 3 cars
    5. motorcycle
    6. police car
    7. recliner
    8. school bus

And (season related):
    1. Fall
    2. Winter
    3. crown male
    4. crown female
    5. bouquet
    6. flowers
    7. wilting flower
    8. seeds
    9. seeds
    10. wild flowers
    11. thermometer

I do believe these could give us hints. I mean, for Cats and Dogs it has all the suitable icons, plus the sim team has been asking about ideas for cars etc and there is already quite a few hints for seasons. So, maybe just maybe we will see what is on the icons implemented sooner or later?

This gives me hope.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    And two the three sims building an igloo together at the end of the video is an old gameplay from Sims 3: Seasons.

That wasn't the point of the video. What they were showing was the icons that are in the files.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

They're just speech bubbles, and most have been there since the base game: http://simscommunity.info/social/threads/hints-next-expansion-pack.5018/#post-95698
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    IceyJ wrote: »

They're just speech bubbles, and most have been there since the base game: http://simscommunity.info/social/threads/hints-next-expansion-pack.5018/#post-95698

Cool true. But then again our sins have been able to joke about vampires since BG.

Still I think there are a lot of other things that show it but thanks for the link it's a fun read.

I kept reading and saw this bit.

Seasons
    Leaves and Snow - These have been in the files since Toddlers came out, but I've never seen them used while a Toddler reading the Seasons book (there's also a cloud one that's recently appeared).
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

Very informative! Seems only the seasonal ones are totally shrouded in mystery.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    Since we dont have an open world, I'm curious about cars, buses ect. Will it be like Sims 2?

I think Seasons will be the largest EP so far. When you think about it, they will have to redesign existing worlds alot.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Perhaps a patch that school buses will pass to pick up your kids, and police cars can be called to scare away burgulars.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Perhaps a patch that school buses will pass to pick up your kids, and police cars can be called to scare away burgulars.

Fire trucks would be nice for the larger house fires too especially, when one of your insane sims lights fireworks off in the house. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    Peppermix wrote: »
    Since we dont have an open world, I'm curious about cars, buses ect. Will it be like Sims 2?

I think Seasons will be the largest EP so far. When you think about it, they will have to redesign existing worlds a lot.

I hope they make it even better than Sims 3's seasons because those were done amazingly so I'd like to see them improve on that.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen this yet? I was furnishing a house and found this out....
    DIhzUq0VYAEBBoG.jpg:large
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I'd never noticed that before! why must they tease us so?
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    Are those new or have they always been there?
  • Options
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    Are those new or have they always been there?

They came in the vampires pack
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    I want Seasons so bad... I think it will definitely be the next EP, I've seen too much to suggest otherwise. These, the hints in the C&D teasers, and the reindeer jokes are too good not to be true. Maybe we'll even get it before the end of 2018 if I really want to fantasize.
    sunman502 wrote: »

@sunman502 They aren't saying that the renders or the video are in the game, just the Get Together club icons in the video.