Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you think we will get anything in October ?

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    I can see us getting a stuff pack in early December like we got Vintage Glamour last year right after City Living. Hopefully they give us something decent with the Christmas free patch with it or that pack is Christmas themed I need real holiday game play not just more useless décor.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited August 2017
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Nah fam

what?

Lol Nah fam aka no I don't think we will get anything in October
  • Options
    ND81ND81 Posts: 13 New Member
    Would be nice to get a holiday themed stuff pack. With Santa npc and gift giving.
  • Options
    FrootyDiamondFrootyDiamond Posts: 15 Member
    Maybe an update or a stuff pack like they did with the Spooky Stuff Pack one year.
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    [quote="Loanet;c-15986586"]Oh my god I just had a thought.

What if the Autumn Patch is... burgulars? And in Cats&Dogs, your dogs can potentially scare them away, but if you don't have the EP, you'd better hope you're awake... It's just the sort of thing a business would do to 'encourage' gamers to get the pack.

After all, we have the adaptable code for Vampires breaking in. We have Kleptomaniac Butlers. Dogs might scare them away too.[/quote]

I was thinking that exact same thing!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I was wondering the same thing about whether or not if there be a Pack released in October. Since it has been confirmed that Cats & Dogs will be released sometime this November. On top of that Sims 4 for console is confirmed to be released about the same time as Cats & Dogs is. These two releases puts a very grim outlook on any possible Pack release for October.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    It's possible to get a stuff pack in October and a GP in December. A EP and GP could make for nice Christmas gifts.
    On the other hand, the GP could come in January for after Christmas shopping--people who were gifted with cash.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited August 2017
    I just feel like Cats&Dogs is such a big thing - and costly, too - that putting out something for people to buy in October isn't a good business model.

Some Gurus have said that we will get something interesting in our pre-Cats&Dogs patch, but the quality of free stuff ranges from the PlantSim Lifestate and forbidden fruit, to Easter Eggs and a big teddy, all the way down to a t-shirt. It could be basic weather. It could be burgulars. It could be the octangle that is the domed roof just happening to be free for everybody.

Either way, this 'interesting patch', I think, confirms that there will be nothing to actually BUY in October, unless you haven't already bought Spooky Stuff.

Cats&Dogs being so important, it also belies the question "What will we get in December? It's Christmas, but we've just forked out!"
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    Hopefully this patch is as good as Get Together patch where we got a map overhaul with colored maps and so much more. So many things are needed hopefully some new build tools and upgrades to CAS (not color wheel) are patched in.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    no i do not think we will get new content for october since in november the console version of the sims4 is coming out
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,514 Member
    I'm hoping for a gp

Possibly a Stuffpack or Nothing. I think there will be an SP in October or Dec or we may get another Gamepack but I'm leaning toward a Stuffpack.
  • Options
    When is this quarter over and we'll get a new teaser?

October 1st.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2017
    I think it would be Stuff packs up until November with Cats and Dogs and December Would be a GP, I hope it's werewolves. It's perfect, Other than Seasons (Lunar Cycles), We have everything to craft a Werewolves GP. Unless Lunar Cycles would be patched before Werewolves GP.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Nah fam

what?

Lol Nah fam aka no I don't think we will get anything in October
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Hopefully this patch is as good as Get Together patch where we got a map overhaul with colored maps and so much more. So many things are needed hopefully some new build tools and upgrades to CAS (not color wheel) are patched in.

Grant did say The Cats and Dogs Patch is going to be a good one but that patch will be in Early November.
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I think it would be Stuff packs up until November with Cats and Dogs and December Would be a GP, I hope it's werewolves. It's perfect, Other than Seasons, We have everything to craft a Werewolves GP.

That would be a dream to me 3 packs next quarter.
  • Options
    I think it would be Stuff packs up until November with Cats and Dogs and December Would be a GP, I hope it's werewolves. It's perfect, Other than Seasons (Lunar Cycles), We have everything to craft a Werewolves GP. Unless Lunar Cycles would be patched before Werewolves GP.

What if the GP is a Generations Type or Universities? The former I could see happening since we still don't have proms or playground equipment for children thru elders eg seesaws,swings,slides etc.
  • Options
    I was thinking that if we do get an October release. It's likely to be a Stuff Pack at best. Very unlikely that there will be a Game Pack released in October. Let's break down what we know to be out soon as far as Sims related stuff goes. We know that there will be a new EP released in November. Plus a console version of Sims 4 will be released in November as well. Plus we know that they are hard at work creating a Stuff Pack that's based on eco friendly stuff. With all this being worked on by a small group of people now. When would they have the time to create and release a Game Pack in October? It's very unlikely that they have finished Packs just sitting around on a shelf somewhere just waiting to be released at a moments notice.
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I was thinking that if we do get an October release. It's likely to be a Stuff Pack at best. Very unlikely that there will be a Game Pack released in October. Let's break down what we know to be out soon as far as Sims related stuff goes. We know that there will be a new EP released in November. Plus a console version of Sims 4 will be released in November as well. Plus we know that they are hard at work creating a Stuff Pack that's based on eco friendly stuff. With all this being worked on by a small group of people now. When would they have the time to create and release a Game Pack in October? It's very unlikely that they have finished Packs just sitting around on a shelf somewhere just waiting to be released at a moments notice.

Different teams do gamepacks. There is a GP Team,EP Team and SP Team.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2017

Although I think it is highly unlikely we'll get a GP as early as in October, it is possible though.

Graham told a few days ago on Twitter how they (sometimes) have like 6 active ''dev lines'' at a time. (That means there are 6 packs spread accross SP/EP/GP's all in different stages of pre (production) at the same time.) They also mentioned a while ago that they are planning content years ahead of time, so yeah they know what they are going to be making.

This means that they aren't starting work on the next SP/GP/EP when the previous one is done, they can actually overlap in different stages of production. This means, that it IS possible to release certain packs closer to eachother. Again; it is highly unlikely because the EP is coming out in Nov. The best I think we can hope for is a Stuff Pack in December, and a new Game Pack in Q1 of 2018.

But hey, we never know.

• Options

Different teams do gamepacks. There is a GP Team,EP Team and SP Team.
    I know that they are split up into different teams that work on creating different Packs for the game. But you have to look at what SimGuruGraham had told us about making these Pack. They out source a lot of this stuff to other groups. Meaning that there's not a lot of different teams there at Maxis making these Pack. If there where, then there would have been no reason for them to out source this stuff to other groups to help relieve the work load for them.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    In October we might get a SP or some kind of a challenge or a boostweek. Honestly I love challemges so I hope for one. In December we are getting some other free stuff for the Christmas pack (IMO).
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well we've been getting a gp about every three months so wouldn't October make since I don't think it would take away from the Christmas sells because you would still have two months till then and if they don't put anything out that would be four months with only a ten dollar pack to sell
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    well we've been getting a gp about every three months so wouldn't October make since I don't think it would take away from the Christmas sells because you would still have two months till then and if they don't put anything out that would be four months with only a ten dollar pack to sell

But that's exactly what happened last year, isn't it? I'd be very happy with another GP this year, though
  • Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member

omg that would be awesome I hope we get this soon, I love werewolves so much.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    When it comes to Christmas, I'm actually expecting some kind of free thing. You know, because Christmas.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.