The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This irks the heck out the me, please tell me EA why?

Comments

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    NickSims wrote: »
    Anyone knows how this will be different to sim 3 pets? Or should I just stick with sim 3 pets?

You can't play as your pets like in The Sims 3. It's your call if you like that or not. Some people love it, because it could be more like The Sims 2 pets but others hate it.

Could you explain what you mean that its not going to be like sim 3 pets? What will be restricted?
    The expansion only contains cats, dogs and foxes.

The videos from it are amazing. But what would worry me as a gamer is that it takes the game even more in the direction of "animated movies" instead of being an interesting and challenging game. I am sure that this expansion will sell very well which clearly also is the intention with the amazing videos. But I would be worried that it only would be fun for a few days before it would just be boring to and annoying to watch those animals just like it became with the autonomous multitasking where we can't control our sims anymore either. Then we maybe could prolong the fun a little by experimenting with the tools to make the animals different. But then I think that I would consider to uninstall the Cats and Dogs expansion if I otherwise couldn't get rid of cats, dogs and foxes disturbing my sims.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    the color wheel in TS3 was awesome! favorite top and bottom don't match? no problem! make matching colors/patterns with the color wheel!

Why such a great feature would be left out of TS4 is beyond me. It's really sad that it can't be incorporated into the base game, yet a mod is able to do it. What's wrong with this picture?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    the color wheel in TS3 was awesome! favorite top and bottom don't match? no problem! make matching colors/patterns with the color wheel!

Why such a great feature would be left out of TS4 is beyond me. It's really sad that it can't be incorporated into the base game, yet a mod is able to do it. What's wrong with this picture?

Wait what there is a MOD with a working color wheel...yes...what IS wrong with this picture in this case.

• Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

Wait what there is a MOD with a working color wheel...yes...what IS wrong with this picture in this case.

Wait seriously we can mod this in!? My day might have just been made. Does anyone have a link?
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I just want to see the color wheel make a comeback for hair and eyes, but then again I am fine with what we got now.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    This is the way that it is in TS4 I guess. I am sure that there is a 'technical' reason why it is only for pets just like there is a 'technical' reason why you cannot build your own apartments or why you still have a closed world/

Technically it is all technical but with all this modern technology these days, I expect more :no_mouth:

Open world will never be happening for The Sims 4. But I am very sad that we can't build our own apartments or that we don't have a colour wheel for everything.

I know that Open World will not be happening but I am actually surprised that they never included a universal colour wheel yet when there is actually a mod available and has been for a long time

according to this post a mod has been out for the color wheel for a long time. i don't use it myself so don't have a link.

a bit off topic, but another thing that irks me is when somebody comes to the door, you don't get the moodlet letting you know a sim is at the door. i can't imagine it would be all that difficult to include in TS4. you have no idea that you have a visitor at the door if you are not on the main floor with the walls down.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    This is the way that it is in TS4 I guess. I am sure that there is a 'technical' reason why it is only for pets just like there is a 'technical' reason why you cannot build your own apartments or why you still have a closed world/

Technically it is all technical but with all this modern technology these days, I expect more :no_mouth:

Open world will never be happening for The Sims 4. But I am very sad that we can't build our own apartments or that we don't have a colour wheel for everything.

I know that Open World will not be happening but I am actually surprised that they never included a universal colour wheel yet when there is actually a mod available and has been for a long time

according to this post a mod has been out for the color wheel for a long time. i don't use it myself so don't have a link.

a bit off topic, but another thing that irks me is when somebody comes to the door, you don't get the moodlet letting you know a sim is at the door. i can't imagine it would be all that difficult to include in TS4. you have no idea that you have a visitor at the door if you are not on the main floor with the walls down.

Yes! I don't get why there's no doorbell. My sims will have visitors and a lot of the time I don't hear the knock. I'll happen to turn the camera in that direction, and see them at the door waiting.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

I read somewhere that there are still not doorbells in TS4. I am sure that would be easy to resolve? In certain 'Cats and Dogs' EP and the dog starts barking when someone comes to the door?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ElfenaElfena Posts: 6 New Member
    There is no color wheel mod for TS4. There is only a recolor tool that you use outside of the Sims game. It is mostly for modders.
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    i'm not trying to be a brown noser here, but just think

not many of us were expecting the color wheel. They could've simply forgone the color wheel completely, given us standard fur colors and saved a bunch of time and money doing so. on top of that they wouldn't then have to deal with all the people who are upset at them for not letting the color wheel work on sims. Yet they didn't. So I think it's a bit unfair to criticize them for that.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Karallyne wrote: »

not many of us were expecting the color wheel. They could've simply forgone the color wheel completely, given us standard fur colors and saved a bunch of time and money doing so. on top of that they wouldn't then have to deal with all the people who are upset at them for not letting the color wheel work on sims. Yet they didn't. So I think it's a bit unfair to criticize them for that.

Yes but going as far as putting one for our cats and dogs and not our sims??? I don't think so...

• Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Anybody can knock up a CASt in Visual Basic, C++, etc - it's just a case of unpacking and repacking the assets to TS4.

A flea could do it.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Elfena wrote: »
    There is no color wheel mod for TS4. There is only a recolor tool that you use outside of the Sims game. It is mostly for modders.

:'( Oh well thought it was too good to be true.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,579 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Anybody can knock up a CASt in Visual Basic, C++, etc - it's just a case of unpacking and repacking the assets to TS4.

A flea could do it.

Will you do it for us then, please ploppo? Not that I'm saying you are a flea or anything ;)
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    They said that they built CAP from the ground up so they built it with this in mind. As annoying as it is, they made the decision to exclude the colour wheel when they created CAS so it would probably involve redoing it all to change it now.
  • Options

A flea could do it.

Will you do it for us then, please ploppo? Not that I'm saying you are a flea or anything ;)
    No, because I am against modding in general.

I rained fire down on Bethesda for it and I don't like Maxis using modders as free labour.
  • Options

Yes but going as far as putting one for our cats and dogs and not our sims??? I don't think so...

so you're saying you would have rather not had it at all than have to go through the heartbreak of not getting it for your sims?

:/
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Just adding to the cats, dogs, and foxes (dogs)...there are raccoons (cats) as well.
  • Options

I read somewhere that there are still not doorbells in TS4. I am sure that would be easy to resolve? In certain 'Cats and Dogs' EP and the dog starts barking when someone comes to the door?

That's actually a good idea. Only thing is, if your sim doesn't own a dog then no barking. It would be nice to have the doorbell back again though. I wonder why they didn't include it in game yet. Does anyone know why? Just curious.

They should have never done away with the color wheel to begin with. And knowing that having the CASt or at least a color wheel back is one of the main things many have been asking for since 2014, instead of implementing it via a patch or even with City Living. They only give it to use for cats and dogs. But I am hoping they will find a way to make it available for human sims as well in the future, since it will be implemented in game via Cats and Dogs.

so you're saying you would have rather not had it at all than have to go through the heartbreak of not getting it for your sims?

:/

Yup, pretty much. lol Why tease us with something that we can't use 100% through our game. Not only with sims and their clothing, but also with furniture, etc.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    edited August 2017

Yup, pretty much. lol Why tease us with something that we can't use 100% through our game. Not only with sims and their clothing, but also with furniture, etc.

lol
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member

lol

:D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    edited August 2017

lol

Mockery. The breakfast of champions! :/
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @GoldenBuffy I guess that they didn't have 'enough tie' to get a sound for a door bell but something as simple as that could easily be included by now.

As for dogs barking that was also a thing as far back as Unleashed
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 195 Member

A flea could do it.

I rained fire down on Bethesda for it and I don't like Maxis using modders as free labour.

Sims has always been about player creations.. One of the reasons I have the game is the modding..

You could buy only games that are closed..
  • Options
    Romzarah wrote: »

A flea could do it.

Sims has always been about player creations.. One of the reasons I have the game is the modding..

You could buy only games that are closed..
    Yes but modding can go too far when modders are actually fixing a game faster than the developers. Some modders are effectively enabling missing gameplay options.

Adding content is one thing, providing support services is another.