Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

80 Screens from the Cats & Dogs trailer for you all to investigate!

I know a lot of you here on the forums like to dig deep into screens and stuff and find things you didn't notice before so here I am providing you all with 80 screens to inspect and dissect! > https://thesimscraper.wordpress.com/2017/08/22/80-screens-from-the-sims-4-cats-dogs-expansion-pack-trailer/

I'm wondering what are your favourites and what did you find? These are the ones I like most :smiley:
DHy_D0xXkAAWAPu.jpg
DHy_BEIXoAA01mv.jpg
DHy-8g5WAAAWKsb.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    edited August 2017
    I think it didn't work. Only three are showing right now. That might have been too many.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »
    I think it didn't work. Only three are showing right now. That might have been too many.

They're all up on that blog link. Those three are just their favorites. :)
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »

They're all up on that blog link. Those three are just their favorites. :)

Thanks for explaining :)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @Yoko2112

Sadly, I think that's what happened. In the next shot, this lady had a different dog. Of course, she DID get the dog when it was a puppy, and she was a toddler. Most likely, it was just old age, as I can't see EA doing anything to make the animals sick or hurt.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Her hair seemed grayer so I assumed she was a bit older and now with either her own kid or a grandkid? Hard to tell!
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    DHy_D0xXkAAWAPu.jpg
    I LOVE the dog in this one-- It looks like and I'm sure it's a Pug! I love those!!!

Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    screenshot-74.png
    i love this shot. i wonder if there is a new "dog park" lot or if this is just the center of the new world? or just a regular park?
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    The world definitely looks pretty. And I'm a fan of those trees. . . Are those birches I spy?
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    I like the bit where the corgi is dressed like a hot dog!!
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    @Yoko2112

Sadly, I think that's what happened. In the next shot, this lady had a different dog. Of course, she DID get the dog when it was a puppy, and she was a toddler. Most likely, it was just old age, as I can't see EA doing anything to make the animals sick or hurt.

I got that impression too. Kinda weird how quickly she moved on btw :P
    And yeah I doubt they will put in too severe events, but I'd like to know what the vet said to her.

I dont think she moved on quickly lol when the dog passed away she didnt have a kid, in the next shot with the new dog she had a toddler who was playing with the dog (like she was at the beginning of the trailer when she was a toddler).
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    Her hair seemed grayer so I assumed she was a bit older and now with either her own kid or a grandkid? Hard to tell!

There's basically 2 stories in the trailer. The first one shows the girl growing up together with her dog who ends up getting sick and dies. She's sad about it and even remebers him all the way into her adult years, but then she sees her kid hugging their new dog and I assume she sees a parallel to how she grew up with her dog and gets happy because "good times".

The second story revolves around the cat and its owner. Not sure if all of them are dates, but he basically takes his cat to all these different people he meets up with.
    Most of the other pets are incompatible with his because he basically has grumpy cat who's not interested in anything and constantly judges others.

The last "date" shot finally shows the cat finding another pet it gets along with, a dog who has a very similar personality. And ultimately, the owner ends up marrying the guy who had the matching pet.

Its brilliant :smiley:
  • Options
    PeachynesssPeachynesss Posts: 57 Member
    > @Yoko2112 said:
    > littlemissgogo wrote: »
    >
    > Her hair seemed grayer so I assumed she was a bit older and now with either her own kid or a grandkid? Hard to tell!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There's basically 2 stories in the trailer. The first one shows the girl growing up together with her dog who ends up getting sick and dies. She's sad about it and even remebers him all the way into her adult years, but then she sees her kid hugging their new dog and I assume she sees a parallel to how she grew up with her dog and gets happy because "good times".
    >
    > The second story revolves around the cat and its owner. Not sure if all of them are dates, but he basically takes his cat to all these different people he meets up with.
    > Most of the other pets are incompatible with his because he basically has grumpy cat who's not interested in anything and constantly judges others.
    >
    > The last "date" shot finally shows the cat finding another pet it gets along with, a dog who has a very similar personality. And ultimately, the owner ends up marrying the guy who had the matching pet.

Oh my god I can't, I just love it <3
    319a2d108b51035bcdd43edc37866094.gif

Origin ID: Peachynesss
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Not really a gameplay feature, but it's something I've always dreamed to have irl and I always use CC so my sims can have it in their homes
    eTPbDjz.png
    This little window/ wall sitting nook is such a nice little surprise among all the great scenes showcasing gameplay. I'm always happy to reduce the size of my CC furniture folder lol.

Other than that, took me like 5 watches to notice the fox but it was there and I'm so happy! I know it's basically a smaller, ginger dog but how cool is it to own a fox? I hope it'll be possible!
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm looking forward to seeing more of the town. That last shot had kind of a Sunset Valley feel to it.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    DHy_D0xXkAAWAPu.jpg
    I LOVE the dog in this one-- It looks like and I'm sure it's a Pug! I love those!!!

I feel like it's a pug mixed with something - not sure what but It's soooo cute! :smiley:
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    I watched the video 5 times before I realised it actually shows the life span of the female and her dog (from toddler to adult, puppy to death).
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I picked up on the two stories when i first watched the trailer. It tells a dog story and a cat story.

And i think it's her son who is now enjoying the family dog.

• Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    There's sort of a third story, too -- the corgi with all the different outfits (the shark suit, the hot dog, a hoodie, and the tuxedo).
  • Options
    Amber0922Amber0922 Posts: 73 Member
    > @agustd said:
    > Not really a gameplay feature, but it's something I've always dreamed to have irl and I always use CC so my sims can have it in their homes
    >
    > This little window/ wall sitting nook is such a nice little surprise among all the great scenes showcasing gameplay. I'm always happy to reduce the size of my CC furniture folder lol.
    >
    > Other than that, took me like 5 watches to notice the fox but it was there and I'm so happy! I know it's basically a smaller, ginger dog but how cool is it to own a fox? I hope it'll be possible!

This entire living room <3 It goes so perfectly with Parenthood. Can't wait to start building!
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I can not get over the Corgi with the doggie jackets, they are so freaking adorable!!! :heart: Also real memories of taking my own pets to the vet when they were sick and having to have them put to sleep because they were too sick/old for treatment. :'(
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I am curious as to what made the puddle the girl and her dog are playing in. A wave from the ocean? Did someone water the ground rather than a plant? Is that a public area they are in or are they on a residential lot? Just curious.
  • Options
    CringecrewCringecrew Posts: 150 Member
    > @Paigeisin5 said:
    > I am curious as to what made the puddle the girl and her dog are playing in. A wave from the ocean? Did someone water the ground rather than a plant? Is that a public area they are in or are they on a residential lot? Just curious.

I hope it could be a beach or at least anything related to the ocean. I miss the beaches from Sims 3. So I hope it is an ocean.
    latest?cb=20060827184625