Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you ever just get really, really sad for your sims?

My legacy family of six just went to a family of four. The eldest, Renee, died of embarrassment right after giving birth to her twin girls! And then, the youngest triplet, Peter, died of embarrassment just two seconds later because he witnessed his brother WooHooing with his boyfriend.

So now I'm left with twin girls and two very sad parents and two of the four children that I had :(

I'm gonna roll with it, though. The eldest triplet, Brendan, is going to adopt the twin girls with his boyfriend James. I'm just really sad at this point!

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, not in this game. But my empathy has spilled out sometimes in the older games. >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    In Sims2, yes. The ghost who used to own the castle my Sim inherited, scared his wife, twice, in one evening. She had just given birth to their third child, and I guess the ghost decided she was a problem. She didn't survive the second round. Earlier, my Sims' mother passed away, too. She refused to eat, even though I sent her to eat several times. That left my Sim and his widowed father to look after toddler twin boys and an infant girl. I was so upset, I deleted the game. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I don't know much about TS4 and to be honest to me it's unrealistic and ridiculous how Sims can die from embarrassment. I know no such death in real life but whatever. Just saying as I matured into an adult I prefer intellectual, meaningful yet intriguing and fun gameplay over absolute nonsense that takes everything as a joke for the kind of genre it is. This is not how The Sims started out. Sure, all Sims games had silliness and humor to "an extent" but TS4 is overkill and to me not even funny. It's just childish and lacks maturity. Nothing thought-provoking or unique about it. Has nothing to do with going back to the roots or anything about the core of what The Sims is. I enjoy games that know how to get the audience to feel emotion, to get you invested to care and continue. Of course, not all games play that deep but the ones that do and do it right are the ones worth it to me.

When I play TS3 I feel sad for my Sims when...

-A Sim really likes someone and they have a difficult time moving on because the other Sim does not feel the same way. Unrequited Love.

-Family members aren't as close and instead have pent-up anger towards each other.

-Some Sims have difficult personalities to get along with and causes conflict despite trying to problem solve something out of my control. Referring to the Sim's free-will motives.

-A family-orientated Sim wants a baby but I'm not allowing it yet because of lack of space/overcrowding.

-A Sim who so far has no luck when it comes to romantic relationships and not finding someone who genuinely loves him.

-Finding out how my Sims really feel about an action I forced they didn't want any part of.

-I notice a family-orientated mother displays favoritism towards her son and neglects to give her daughter the same affection and care.

-My Sims life is done, I'll miss them. But at least I'll always screenshots/videos/memories of them. And I'll have their descendants to look forward to.

-Etc.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    The cause of deaths in this game make it impossible for me to feel sad, tbh.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Yes, I've been a bit sad over the deaths in my legacy family. Some were expected, some were sudden. Most memorable one is Anika successfully pleading for Judd's (her husband) life only to be found dying by him the next day! Then their son Ezra would go sulk in the bathroom she died in while his sister tried to comfort him. :'(
    RjSy15p.png
    8xIhE6w.png
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    not really
    if they're gonna forget all their problems by walking into a nice room or having a good dinner then it's kind of hard for me to feel sad for them :p
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I made life reeeally hard for one of my kid sims. His dad passed away when he was still very young, and his mother never cared for him at all. For a while, he didn't even have a bed so he often slept outside.
    8mKZ0SS.png
    This has got to be one of the saddest pictures I've ever taken. Also, his family didn't have money for a bathtub so he was filthy all the time. And, as if things weren't bad enough, his step dad was an 🐸🐸🐸🐸 who kept being mean to him.

Then one time he saw his father's ghost.
    yiCgniN.png
    Poor baby. :'(:'( Okay, yeah, so for the most part I played it to be this way but god, I still felt so sad for him.

I had him move out when he was a kid because I couldn't take it anymore haha, played that he was removed from his home by social services and moved him into one of the nicest apartments in San Myshuno with this new household I created. Foster mom and dad couldn't be any sweeter. But then he grew up to be really unstable and, well, insane, and especially as a teen he acted out against his foster parents so much that eventually, they decided they couldn't keep him anymore. I looked through townie households to see if I could find any family for him to move into but I didn't want to screw up any of their storylines, so decided to move him back into his old crappy home with his neglectful mom and mean, evil stepdad.

One good thing to come off it is that he finally saw his father again.
    VmOE21g.png

Poor dude.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    My favourite Sims just aged to elders amd I'm already sad. I will turn aging off for a bit because they have one child the rest teens.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    I just realised the family I was talking about are my profile picture here - the two black haired children are the ones that passed away
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    @Deshong04 So, if you hate TS4 so much why are you on it's forum..? Almost sounds like you came here to put it down. Everyone has their preferences, likes one game over another or likes both/ all, but no need to bash one or the other.
    TS4 is just different from TS3, and how wonderful that is... Don't really want to play more-or-less the same game... Otherwise might as well have kept playing TS3 :lol:

As for the question @DaB1gV asked, nope, cause no matter what happens to them, if I don't like it, I can just reload my last save to work around whatever it is-- IF I care/d that much. If I was like most and always just rolled with the punches I didn't like, then probably would.
    But, it's player's choice...
    Though when I go out of my way to try to starve or drown a sim, I feel just dreadful... When I do so, I can't watch... But I haven't done anything like that in maybe a year....
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Once I get to know the sim and start liking them I definitely can. I do play various ways though and sometimes it's more like a dark comedy than some true tragedy. Other times I think I'm playing this evil no good guy and he surprises me by crying in the shower over a death or lost love and then I'm attached. Poor guy I made his life plum.
    @lottevdbrug speaking of crying... I think I got something in my eye.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    @Deshong04 So, if you hate TS4 so much why are you on it's forum..? Almost sounds like you came here to put it down. Everyone has their preferences, likes one game over another or likes both/ all, but no need to bash one or the other.
    TS4 is just different from TS3, and how wonderful that is... Don't really want to play more-or-less the same game... Otherwise might as well have kept playing TS3 :lol:

As for the question @DaB1gV asked, nope, cause no matter what happens to them, if I don't like it, I can just reload my last save to work around whatever it is-- IF I care/d that much. If I was like most and always just rolled with the punches I didn't like, then probably would.
    But, it's player's choice...
    Though when I go out of my way to try to starve or drown a sim, I feel just dreadful... When I do so, I can't watch... But I haven't done anything like that in maybe a year....

Originally this topic was posted in the wrong section, Forum Ideas & Feedback. Regardless, it's clear where this topic should have been and what it is about but there is nothing that says in the forum rules that I can't or anyone can't provide a response or feedback to any Sims game no matter their stance as long as following the forum rules. I am being respectful but at the same time vocal as to why I feel the way I do. This has nothing to do with you or anyone else personally. I want my voice heard just like everyone else or then what's the point of using this forum?

Of course, I don't expect the developers to even understand or care or change the way The Sims future is coming about. Let alone read my posts. Nonetheless, THEY asked for feedback as long as it is constructive whether positive, negative or both. If it is indeed true it will show because actions speak louder than words. But I'm not holding my breath.

Some, many or perhaps even all...I don't care, might view it as "negative/non-constructive", "hate", "pointless", etc. Well, that's constructive isn't it to belittle one's differing POV? Instead of ignoring something one clearly cannot respond maturely to, the option seems to personally attack the poster by trying to discourage their posting simply because it does not follow their way of thinking. Like I stated earlier I like to debate because it's a way to improve my logic and reasoning. Also, I'm just a vocal kind of person. However, some may not see that way but whatever because some are always going to see what they want to see. Or just interpret inaccurately.

Tell me who is causing issues? Me? Because I spoke how I feel about a game I had such high hopes for and it was ruined for me which was one of my best childhood game franchises? You do realize you contradicted yourself which also means those who agreed with you....

"Everyone has their preferences, likes one game over another or likes both/ all, but no need to bash one or the other."

"So, if you hate TS4 so much why are you on it's forum..? Almost sounds like you came here to put it down."

Have you looked at yourself in the mirror before telling someone else what you think you see in them?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5vz6iwV38U
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I actually do get sad for my sims. I can get attached quite easily, so when they die, it's sad. I do roll with the punches though and don't ever go back to a previous save because for me, that can get a bit boring.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    No. I just can't get super attached to these sims like I have with the previous games. Don't get me wrong. I'm doing the Not So Berry Legacy, and I'm going to miss my founder when she dies. But when bad things happen to them it just doesn't bother me.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    Not really. Not in The Sims 4 at all. Could care less
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    not really
    if they're gonna forget all their problems by walking into a nice room or having a good dinner then it's kind of hard for me to feel sad for them :p

LOL, that is an awesome point.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I was sad when my sim self died of old age with his partner. I had them spend their last night together at the island bluffs looking at the stars only for both of them to die in their sleep that same night. I was kind of sad mainly because I played with aging turned off and only turned it on when I felt like it, I'm pretty sure I spent more than 100 hours with my sim self, so much time and dedication gone.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Maxis killed one of my Sims so I haven't played as much today - I haven't played at all since they killed my Sim.

I think it is unfair that Simmers who are enjoying playing the game can be punished by Maxis and have their Sim/one of their Sims killed off.

I think it was a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing to do to a Simmer.

Plus you cannot save a Sim when this happened. As soon as I realised what was going on, I tried to use ResetSim which basically turned my Sim into an urn.

Utterly 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing to do to a Simmer.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    @plopppo2 wrote: »
    Maxis killed one of my Sims so I haven't played as much today - I haven't played at all since they killed my Sim.

I think it is unfair that Simmers who are enjoying playing the game can be punished by Maxis and have their Sim/one of their Sims killed off.

I think it was a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing to do to a Simmer.

Plus you cannot save a Sim when this happened. As soon as I realised what was going on, I tried to use ResetSim which basically turned my Sim into an urn.

Utterly 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing to do to a Simmer.

who was the victim
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    I haven't been truly sad over the game yet, but I think I will be when "my" (a townie that @Lyoufln kindly uploaded) dies. He has so much personality, which I find unusual in Sims since they are kinda all the same regardless of traits?? and he's had such bad luck so far. Things are slowly but surely looking up for him, but yeah. I think that will be a sad moment. I'm hoping that at least one of his future children will have a unique personality as well to carry on the legacy.
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    I've said this story a couple of times but my very first San Myshuno household was this carefree brother and his snobby sister. Long story short he didn't have the best lady luck but when he finally landed a girlfriend and woohooed for the first time, he decided to take her to the humor and hijinks festival and died from laughter. The worse part about it was that I didn't get a death sequence, no camera panning over to him, nothing. No one, not even his sister and girlfriend witnessed his death, just a bunch of fireworks and laughter around his urn. I was too depressed to play that household and ended up deleting it
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I get so upset when something bad happens to my favourite sims but my other ones I'm not bothered about... Oh yeah and those sims that I don't like if anything happens to them I'm just like:
    tumblr_inline_mmuikb1Q9R1qz4rgp.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I am always very sad when my sims pass away
    so while they live i take a ton of screenshots
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    PlumFrecklesPlumFreckles Posts: 713 Member
    I mainly use pose player and take pictures. I don't really play that much so no.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    I mainly use pose player and take pictures. I don't really play that much so no.

I'm guessing off Sims you either work as a Photographer or a model! :lol:

Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg