Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

loved the toddlers stuff pack, but the texture of ball pit is awful.

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited August 2017
    agustd wrote: »
    @Orchid13 Unfortunately toddlers can't be added to clubs, hence the play date thing (at least I think so). That or the Stuff Pack (or rather the patch that will come before its release) will alter the game to include toddlers too. User on a different thread mentioned there's been a "spill" about daycare career being a part of this pack and that would explain why the objects are so huge and obviously meant for outdoors or a bigger, specific venue... Like a daycare centre. I'm keeping my fingers crossed since I generally like the packs' content but i gotta admit you and @DeservedCriticism are right, they're not even trying anymore. I mean, looks like the pack also includes ANOTHER toy chest as if we don't already have 3 different ones and a grill i mean.. what the plum? Those two objects should have been swapped for one new, functional toy.

See that's the other problem. We are once again buying a feature that in theory we already got with get together. If toddlers had been in the game before they could have work with the club system. They could have patched it in too. People have been asking for a daycare since day 1, so I don't understand the hold up. And if they throw at me another family related pack again I will go crazy. It's too much already. Nothing against family players, but many of these things should be there already for them. Parenthood, should have included many of the toddler SP things, or the whole SP for that matter of fact.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Eh. I'm not a fan of the texture, but I don't understand why anyone is surprised. That's how the texture of the game is and has been for those type of surfaces. They aren't going to magically upgrade out of the blue almost 3 years in.

It's also worth noting that it may actually look a little better in game, on full graphics. Unless the video capture quality was perfect, it's probably going to accentuate things that already look low-res.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    agustd wrote: »
    @Orchid13 Unfortunately toddlers can't be added to clubs, hence the play date thing (at least I think so). That or the Stuff Pack (or rather the patch that will come before its release) will alter the game to include toddlers too. User on a different thread mentioned there's been a "spill" about daycare career being a part of this pack and that would explain why the objects are so huge and obviously meant for outdoors or a bigger, specific venue... Like a daycare centre. I'm keeping my fingers crossed since I generally like the packs' content but i gotta admit you and @DeservedCriticism are right, they're not even trying anymore. I mean, looks like the pack also includes ANOTHER toy chest as if we don't already have 3 different ones and a grill i mean.. what the plum? Those two objects should have been swapped for one new, functional toy.

See that's the other problem. We are once again buying a feature that in theory we already got with get together. If toddlers had been in the game before they could have work with the club system. They could have patched it in too. People have been asking for a daycare since day 1, so I don't understand the hold up. And if they throw at me another family related pack again I will go crazy. It's too much already. Nothing against family players, but many of these things should be there already for them. Parenthood, should have included many of the toddler SP things, or the whole SP for that matter of fact.

I can sort of understand why toddlers don't belong in clubs, they can't even do most of the activities you can choose for the clubs but basic ones like playing with toys, etc. are still there for children so that's not really a valid excuse. Yesterday i was throwing a party for family members and I set up a club for them only, with the only activities being eating, socializing and having drinks. All of those things can be done by toddlers so I was very upset to find out I couldn't include them. If they're going to keep dividing new features into such tiny portions it'll take us forever to feel like the game is finally complete. I too think half of these objects should have been given to us in the toddler patch for free but whenever i see people mention that on this forum they get called "complainers" and "party poopers". Come on, how can we not complain when we're being given a 2005 MMO looking object in a 2017 product.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    That ball pit is absolutely pathetic. I genuinely wish there was more outrage with things like this, little things maybe, but they add up. Threads like this get buried I feel and its just awful.
    But, are we really surprised.....?
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    As a person who does 3d modeling, i can see why they chose to do it like that. Actually having every ball shaped like, well, a ball, would deam that item a lot higher poly than anything else in the game so they had to find a different option to keep in check with system requirements and whatnot. Do I agree? No, but at least I know why they did it.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    definitely to lower the poly count.
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    I do not think it was necessary to create a version with thousands of balls in 3D, but there could be more three-dimensional balls in the top, scattered, and a better texture, because regardless of anything, the texture is not good.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    I don't think there's anything they could have done to make it low poly other than that.

That said, they could've elected to go with something else entirely after seeing how bad it looked.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Im sure there was a way to make it look much better without fully animating every separate ball but why try, right? I'll be happy to place ball pits in my restaurants and bowling alleys but i'd take a simple drawing table or a play doh style toy over it any day.
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    edited August 2017
    I was just thinking they could make the top "bumpy" enough to make it appear like a 3D texture.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think its ok
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    does anyone else think it looks that way because there trying to make everything playable for x box now ?
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    I would definitely pay more for horses in pets, especially if had a riding range and barn to keep them.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited August 2017
    The new Toddler Stuff pack is great. 3 gameplay objects and the abilities to host playdates?! :blush:

...But the textures of the ball pit kinda irritates me. It doesn't look like they even tried with it. I am not expecting for it to be all realistic physics, I mean it is a stuff pack. But at least let the balls on the surface not be flat...Idk why I just don't like this "art-style" with some of the objects. I am not sure what the other objects are but I recall them being 2D just like this.

Still waaaaaaay better than Bowling Night & Fitness Stuff. Love the CAS and the gameplay items <3 (Don't really care for the tunnels though lol)
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    does anyone else think it looks that way because there trying to make everything playable for x box now ?

That was my first thought when I saw this thread. Just didn't say anything.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    That ball pit is absolutely pathetic. I genuinely wish there was more outrage with things like this, little things maybe, but they add up. Threads like this get buried I feel and its just awful.
    How is it buried? It's sitting near the top of the feedback section. There's plenty of outrage. More doesn't change anything. They can't just go back and retroactively change everything that people are annoyed about.

I'm sure they got the message after the first page. :|
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited August 2017
    Like I said in another thread, the mesh would be way to high poly. If you make cc you would know that if your mesh is too high poly and has too many vertices (each individual ball which is a lot) it slows down your game and causes lag. The purpose of the 2dness of objects in the Sims 4 is to optimise it for lower end PC's.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    It just looks like a pool with multicoloured water.
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    edited August 2017
    What @MrMonty96 said, they can't make a 3D surface because the mesh poly would be too high.
  • Options
    CurolaCurola Posts: 86 Member
    Well, it wouldn't have been necessary to form every ball. But they could have made it more bumpy (for example form halfof the balls) and then make the shadows of the "balls" with the texture. That would have been work for about 1 extra day (or a couple of hours). Would not look as good as forming every ball, but at least much more realistic as it is now.
  • Options
    WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Like I said in another thread, the mesh would be way to high poly. If you make cc you would know that if your mesh is too high poly and has too many vertices (each individual ball which is a lot) it slows down your game and causes lag. The purpose of the 2dness of objects in the Sims 4 is to optimise it for lower end PC's.

Welp...I mean I agree and disagree at the same time (at the decision of it being 2D or 3D)
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    So why aren't bushes and flowers a flat mess then? I don't buy the whole poly rubbish. They wouldn't have to mesh a million individual balls, they could have just given us a lumpy surface and then textured it accordingly.
    Because as a general rule, a round object is where most of the polygons are. Creating something rounds adds a whole lot. Flowers and bushes aren't perfectly round like a ball and a lot of it is simply done with texture.

All this being said, I would have much rather preferred finger painting or just a small object.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    How is it buried? It's sitting near the top of the feedback section. There's plenty of outrage. More doesn't change anything. They can't just go back and retroactively change everything that people are annoyed about.

I'm sure they got the message after the first page. :|

Obviously it isnt buried..... Yet.
    And I dont think they are getting the message, I'm thinking bigger than the ball pit, they constantly cut corners. And threads like this, especially in the feedback section, get buried or ignored.