Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you get rid of the ghosts?

I've always liked my sims to be dead and gone when they died, occasionally popping around to scare my sims to peeing....but the fact that they just wander around and still exist in ts4 I am not too fond of.
My Odin is a doctor and at least 3 of his co-workers are ghosts. I do not like it.

Can I get rid of them?

Comments

• Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    If they are in the list of unplayed households you can simply delete em.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I think a mod called MC command centre has the ability to clean up ( get ride of) ghosts - if you are not opposed to mods. It's a mod that does a lot of things, though, but you can just install the parts you want. The mod is available at http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680. There is also a help thread on the gameplay mods of this forum.

I don't know of another way ( without mods). I also hate all the ghosts who are witnesses, colleagues and I don't want them, lol!
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I am trying to keep my ts4 CC/Mods to a minimum as I've been known to break my game in the past... but if nobody has any other options I've bookmarked the MC ^^
  • Options
    itsug wrote: »
    If they are in the list of unplayed households you can simply delete em.

In my game they are not in households ( played or unplayed) and are not able to be managed in manage worlds. For me they are mostly witnesses to crime. I do not know how sims are generated for GTW and why they are not always in manage worlds.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I believe you have to option to click on their urn or tombstone and send them away.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    That works if you can find the tombstone. But for all the randoms walking around I'm not sure how that would work.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I think the game is culling all the ghosts already. I have no ghosts. They were all culled
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I think the game is culling all the ghosts already. I have no ghosts. They were all culled

Same here, and I'd like it to stay that way.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

This is why I haven't got the No More Culling yet. I do want some of the culling!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    edited June 2015
    kremesch73 wrote: »

This is why I haven't got the No More Culling yet. I do want some of the culling!

Yeah, i get that. I got the no-culling mod to protect my family tree, but i have to go into manage worlds like every few sim days to delete the elders before they can die. I really wish we were able to delete them the same way as other townies.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    You can click on their urn/tombstone and "Release Soul to the Nether"
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

If you don't witness their death, than ghosts have no urn/tombstone. That's the problem with that solution.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited June 2015
    Maybe this would be a good question for ask a guru. I know if I played with aging on I wouldn't want them floating around unless I put them in game.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    The OP mentioned they don't have the mod. I think there is a problem with GTW generation of sims. Don't know if it's the same issue but the ghosts in my game, which appear as witnesses, do not exist. They are not in mange worlds.

However the culling may not have started for the OP either..
  • Options
    KShannonKShannon Posts: 223 Member
    I very much wish they would give us toggle options for different life states. I really don't want ghosts or aliens in my town.
  • Options
    marcellala wrote: »

If you don't witness their death, than ghosts have no urn/tombstone. That's the problem with that solution.

That's another omission from the game. With TS3 you could go to the mausoleum and manage the dead.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

That's another omission from the game. With TS3 you could go to the mausoleum and manage the dead.

I wish they'd bring something like that back. Was nice when my sim's husband had brothers & sisters & parents and all that died...I could add them to the family plot.
  • Options
    cherpar wrote: »

However the culling may not have started for the OP either..
    Well considering I hadn't a clue what culling meant the other day....I don't think I have it in my game just yet.
  • Options
    cleo00 wrote: »

I wish they'd bring something like that back. Was nice when my sim's husband had brothers & sisters & parents and all that died...I could add them to the family plot.

Several months ago SimGuru Daniel popped into a thread and said cemeteries were on his to do list. Of course that was several months ago and he didn't say where it was on his list.

Unless they do something about the way culling is done now I can't see how it would work.

• Options
    Well, if there is something strange in your neighbour hood, who do you call?
  • Options
    The Forum! :D

Oh uh, Ghostbusters too.
  • Options
    jokes aside, this wont work for ghosts already there, but cleaning out elders from not played and not in any households manually every now and then helped for me. also, having a long lifestyle works.
    The elders wont die as fast, and wont become ghost elders working as doctors or scientists.
    Sorry I cant be more helpful regarding the issue.
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    sorry to bring up this old topic, but I was wondering if there's ANY news regarding this matter, given it's been 2 years since the thread had been opened?
    ALL of my city living neighbors are fricking ghosts, and i can't seen to delete them because they're not in the "played households", not the "unplayed"...
    P.S. I don't want mods.

-Yarden.
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    @Yardenro for city living, there is one lot With the ghost/Haunted lot trait I believe.
    not encountered ghost who can't be deleted yet, but I avoid ghost night at bars like a sickness. that events triggers most ghost spawning
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    thank you for the response.
    however, I meant that I have ghosts living (as in occupying) every single house and/or apartment that I'm not actively playing.
    I don't do ghosts nights, I don't live in Haunted trait lots.
    I just want to wipe out ALL the ghosts. at once.
    isn't there a cheat of some sort? something? anything?

-Yarden.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top