Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

question for cc users

how much GB is your cc? mine is 5GB and i'm worried it's too much.
i've cleaned out everything i dislike/is broken so this is the stuff i like a lot. :s
origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

Comments

• Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,099 Member
    how much GB is your cc? mine is 5GB and i'm worried it's too much.
    i've cleaned out everything i dislike/is broken so this is the stuff i like a lot. :s

Geez. Mine is only 1.28GB. You have a lot of stuff!
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    It's entirely up to you how much cc you have! If your computer can handle it, go for it. If you start to have issues, prune it some.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Oof. Mine's only 1.56GB! If your system has the stats for it, it probably won't phase it much. I like to keep things trim though and only leave what I know I like and will find regular use for. Some stuff I like but remove cuz I'm not using it atm and will still hold onto it if I decide I want it back in for something later. I try not to browse CC sites too much cuz it's a slippery slope!
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    @aaronrulz it really isn't a lot. the thing is i have all of the hairs recolored (from every pack + base game) and those recolors are 2gb.
    the rest is mostly hair meshes and recolors of clothes from the game. there just isn't enough colors or hair. :(
    @loubyloulou i really have no idea what my computer can handle. i'm worried i'll break my saves or something if i overload it.
    @littlemissgogo hm, looks like i'll have to delete more. probably makeup since i don't use most of it. do you play on desktop or laptop? if you don't mind answering.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    @aaronrulz it really isn't a lot. the thing is i have all of the hairs recolored (from every pack + base game) and those recolors are 2gb.
    the rest is mostly hair meshes and recolors of clothes from the game. there just isn't enough colors or hair. :(
    @loubyloulou i really have no idea what my computer can handle. i'm worried i'll break my saves or something if i overload it.
    @littlemissgogo hm, looks like i'll have to delete more. probably makeup since i don't use most of it. do you play on desktop or laptop? if you don't mind answering.

Is the game running OK as it is with 5GB - no crashes or lag? If so, aim to stick at 5GB, no more. If you're lagging or crashing, remove some and see if that helps. Bear in mind, lagging can be caused by issues other than a lot of cc. Just be practical and don't stress :)

ETA: I have 4GB of cc and my game runs perfectly (I'm on a desktop) but I don't go over 4GB. If I see a must-have item of cc, something I already have has to go - I stick to my 4GB limit.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    loubyloulou is definitely on the mark there! just be practical and don't get too wild.

I play on desktop. my computer is fairly decent so I could probably manage more cc than I do but I prefer to keep my numbers down just cause. I'd only be concerned about too many high poly items making a ruckus. those are the type of items i avoid unless they're life changing. also definitely don't blame you for stocking up on hair recolors... I've been eyeing some myself!
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    I have just under 18GB of CC. So, A LOT of CC.

My computer can handle it and then some, so I'm lucky in that regard. The only thing I dislike about having so much CC is that when an issue occurs due to some random piece (or pieces) of CC, it can be nearly impossible to find the culprits to remove them because I literally have to weed through THOUSANDS of files. My launch load time can take a bit, but traveling load screens are fairly short still and I experience no lag or weirdness during gameplay.

I love my CC. Can't play without it. As long as your computer can handle it, I don't think there is such a thing as "too much" really.
  • Options
    @loubyloulou it still runs smooth. i had a crash once when i added a bunch of cc all at once (like 100 pieces) so i just added them in batches. i usually delete things when i download new stuff too.
    @littlemissgogo 99% of my cc is maxis match (i have like 2 in between things). so it shouldn't be high poly, right? anyway, thank both of you. :)

@mmt3363 wow.. that's a lot lol. i don't know if you already know about this, but you can use the tray importer to find the bad cc easily. [tutorial]

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I have around 1.6GB, the hairstyles alone are taking 1.2GB of that. I'm regularly deleting CCs I no longer use or not use as much as I thought I would. I've noticed I'm becoming increasingly picky as time goes on and more CCs are available, in particular regarding the art style which I prefer as close to Maxis as possible. I haven't got any performance problem though, I'm mostly deleting them to keep a clean catalog.
  • Options
    mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    edited July 2017

@mmt3363 wow.. that's a lot lol. i don't know if you already know about this, but you can use the tray importer to find the bad cc easily. [tutorial]

Tray importer is handy for getting rid of CAS CC for sure. I thank you for the information. My biggest CC issues are stuff like certain new items in game being unusable due to conflicts with old CC.

For example, my sims can't select or drink from the fountains that show up at festivals in City Living. I've been going through for months trying to figure out what CC is at the root of it and just haven't be able to figure it out. I've never been able to use the don't wake the llama game or the voidcritter game for similar reasons.

Given, these aren't game breaking things for me, just annoyances. But I'd like to eventually get that content working without having to gut my game of CC. I can usually narrow it down to it being an issue with a chair or a table, a certain type of in game item. But when you have a thousand different kinds of chairs and tables and the only way to figure out the problem is to remove all and slowly re-add in and launch the game over and over and over...you get the idea. Needle in a haystack, and very time consuming. lol

Perhaps one of these days some brilliant modder will come up with something like the clean pack installer from TS3 for the TS4; a program that scans for broken CC and CC that conflicts with new game items and game features.
  • Options
    mmt3363 wrote: »

Tray importer is handy for getting rid of CAS CC for sure. I thank you for the information. My biggest CC issues are stuff like certain new items in game being unusable due to conflicts with old CC.

For example, my sims can't select or drink from the fountains that show up at festivals in City Living. I've been going through for months trying to figure out what CC is at the root of it and just haven't be able to figure it out. I've never been able to use the don't wake the llama game or the voidcritter game for similar reasons.

Given, these aren't game breaking things for me, just annoyances. But I'd like to eventually get that content working without having to gut my game of CC. I can usually narrow it down to it being an issue with a chair or a table, a certain type of in game item. But when you have a thousand different kinds of chairs and tables and the only way to figure out the problem is to remove all and slowly re-add in and launch the game over and over and over...you get the idea. Needle in a haystack, and very time consuming. lol

Perhaps one of these days some brilliant modder will come up with something like the clean pack installer from TS3 for the TS4; a program that scans for broken CC and CC that conflicts with new game items and game features.

Here's a good post about finding broken cc on Mod the Sims:
    http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Try the 50/50 method.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I have 2.77 GB. But I installed a bunch of mods recently and have to go through them because I found that I can't do work out by tv since installing.

I pare my cc down pretty regular and don't add as much as I used to. I use S4Studio to remove old cc I don't use any more.
  • Options
    Chuck_DegenerateChuck_Degenerate Posts: 44 Member
    Currently have 4.5GB (not including the extra 500MB of stuff I want to eventually edit) and I only see it continuing to grow - and I DO regularly delete things. My computer was built for the purpose of gaming so I haven't experienced any lag yet, but now I'm thinking of setting a hard limit for myself like I used to have to do with TS2.
  • Options
    SimmerMoonSimmerMoon Posts: 204 Member
    I have 7.56 GB. I didn't realize it was more than average lol. I am planning on going through and pruning down my mods folder some, though... only to promptly go and get more things, I'm sure. My game runs perfectly.
    Just a little bean whose only aspiration in life is becoming a magical girl.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I have 2.33 GB ( but I have to remove the stuff I never use) in cc and + 5 mods.
  • Options
    Izzeh96Izzeh96 Posts: 152 Member
    I have 5.37 GB, this includes mods like MCC (which I just got and I don't know if I like yet). I go through stuff quite regularly and remove stuff I don't like or doesn't work anymore. I do keep too much stuff that I haven't ever used but feel like I might use someday. My game still runs great so I don't need to worry too much just yet.
    B9uC3gV.png?1
    One of my WIP's

My build showcase
    English isn't my first language but I'm like 90% fluent.
  • Options
    NeverfalleNeverfalle Posts: 377 Member
    So far, mine is only around 2GB. I've been redownloading a lot of cc and mods. I think I remember someone from the modeling forum saying that they had close to 20GB of cc. I don't even know how many items that would be :P
    Can't stop, won't stop.
  • Options
    AKLSimmerAKLSimmer Posts: 78 Member
    I have 6GB at the moment, and I have cleared out stuff that I don't want or need. I used to have over 11GB and that was too much for me (I'm on a non-gaming laptop with 8GB RAM). Now I think I will not have more than 6.5 or 7 GB in my mods folder.

Now it takes about 4 minutes for my game to load, and I think that's okay for me. The loading time between lots is just a bit longer than playing vanilla, which is good for a rotational player like me who like to go to community lots to socialize with my own sims and switch households very often.

In my opinion, if you think the game is running ok, just keep what you have and be cautious of the new ccs and mods you download. Stop looking at CC Find blogs on a daily basis (which I did before), and utilize what you have. If you find some CCs that looks nice but you barely use, be sure to delete them without thinking about how you might use them some days.

Sims 4 Studio and Tray Importer are also great tools to keep track of your CCs:)
  • Options
    Silverfox13425Silverfox13425 Posts: 60 Member
    > @allisonchurch said:
    > how much GB is your cc? mine is 5GB and i'm worried it's too much.
    > i've cleaned out everything i dislike/is broken so this is the stuff i like a lot. :s

Mine is a lot more than that lol
  • Options
    ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    4.66 GB and I'm still not done. I'm sure it will be a lot more than that before long.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • Options
    violetta3violetta3 Posts: 47 Member
    Odd question that I was unsure where to put, is there a mod that allows miscarriage that happens by chance in sims 4. I know there is MCC and you can as a player end pregnancy but that is your doing, it does not happen by chance and its your choice. I am looking for something that would happen by chance and something that is out of control of the player. Please anything would be helpful links, no anything really. It would really expand my gameplay, especially that I am doing a family generation play and such mod would make it harder but also more releastic.

Thank you!
  • Options
    violetta3 wrote: »
    Odd question that I was unsure where to put, is there a mod that allows miscarriage that happens by chance in sims 4. I know there is MCC and you can as a player end pregnancy but that is your doing, it does not happen by chance and its your choice. I am looking for something that would happen by chance and something that is out of control of the player. Please anything would be helpful links, no anything really. It would really expand my gameplay, especially that I am doing a family generation play and such mod would make it harder but also more releastic.

Thank you!

i searched and there doesn't seem to be anything, there are also two other threads asking for this with the same answer being "no".
    the person who made a mod like this for ts3/2 appears to be homeless and hasn't updated since february (source: his twitter and website) so i doubt he'll be making one for ts4 and i don't see anyone else popping up and saying they'll make a mod like this.
    i think at best you can use an online dice roller or number generator to decide whether your sim miscarries or not, then you can use mccc to terminate the pregnancy.

• Options
    violetta3violetta3 Posts: 47 Member
    > @allisonchurch said:
    > violetta3 wrote: »
    >
    > Odd question that I was unsure where to put, is there a mod that allows miscarriage that happens by chance in sims 4. I know there is MCC and you can as a player end pregnancy but that is your doing, it does not happen by chance and its your choice. I am looking for something that would happen by chance and something that is out of control of the player. Please anything would be helpful links, no anything really. It would really expand my gameplay, especially that I am doing a family generation play and such mod would make it harder but also more releastic.
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > i searched and there doesn't seem to be anything, there are also two other threads asking for this with the same answer being "no".
    > the person who made a mod like this for ts3/2 appears to be homeless and hasn't updated since february (source: his twitter and website) so i doubt he'll be making one for ts4 and i don't see anyone else popping up and saying they'll make a mod like this.
    > i think at best you can use an online dice roller or number generator to decide whether your sim miscarries or not, then you can use mccc to terminate the pregnancy.

Thank you