Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What ethnicity are Caleb and Lillith Vatore supposed to be?

I was looking up their surname and it seems to be from India, anyone have insight on this?

Comments

• Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2017
    I was trying to find info about that but nothing came up.
    But I was able to find that Caleb was turned into a vampire by Miss H**l(who can be downloaded from maxiscreator_01). And Vlad is the one who turned Miss H**l into a vampire.

I had to edit the comment because the forum doesn't allow me to say that Sims real name
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Maybe Italian? Their name might not give any accurate insight for that. Apparently their names changed from their first reveal to their final release. I'd just assume they're white at the very least.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Lilith is the hebrew (early?) religion's first woman, before Eve. She and Cain didn't work out so she left and kind of became the mother of demons or something.

The fallout between the two is what gave God the idea to make a partner out of Adams own being (his rib). Lilith was a separate creation from Adam.

And pretty sure they're intended to be Italian or some variation of it, but mainly a play on the Salvatore brothers' name.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    They will have to be jst Sims. There is no such thing as 'race' in The Sims :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    They will have to be jst Sims. There is no such thing as 'race' in The Sims :wink:

But there is, a major point of city living was to bring diversity and a bit of different cultures to the sims. Grant it, it's not quite like real life but it is there. It is an important part of the game for many and a lot of people like to be able to relate to their sims that way.

To me, the Valtores are of Italian descent.

Now, I would like to see more love for my African American sims!! :) I do love the diversity in the game but would love even more.
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    I was going to say Italian as well!
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I think they're white, probably of italian descent. Caleb and Lilith are names more often used in english speaking countries but Vatore definitely strikes me as italian, especially because it's inspired by the salvatore brothers whose last name is italian as well.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Romanian?
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    I immediately thought Italian.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    As they're vampires they might have some Hungarian or Romanian ancestry, a la Elizabeth Báthory, Vlad Țepeș etc
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Romanian?

That's what I thought, or Eastern European.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Gypsies?
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Anyone know what ethinesity Zoe Patel is suppose to be?
  • Options

She's Indian. :)
    6riwm5.png
  • Options

American or India indian?
  • Options

As in from India.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options

As in from India.

Thank you. She sure is a pretty sim.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited July 2017
    lilonesub wrote:
    I think the name might be a play on the SalVATORE brothers from the Vampire Diaries TV show.

Me, too. It derives from Salvador which means 'savior' in spanish. In addition, St. Salvatore, a virtuous man, worked in a kitchen at the age of twenty, but 'thirsted for greater austerity'. He had supernatural abilities and could heal the blind, lame, and deaf. It would appear that Caleb could be partly based on him. However, he is also materialistic which I blame Anne Rice for... B)

Ref: St. Salvatore
    Post edited by Nindigo on

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    As they're vampires they might have some Hungarian or Romanian ancestry, a la Elizabeth Báthory, Vlad Țepeș etc

This ^ Either way Caleb is pretty dishy!
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Lilith is the hebrew (early?) religion's first woman, before Eve. She and Cain didn't work out so she left and kind of became the mother of demons or something.

The fallout between the two is what gave God the idea to make a partner out of Adams own being (his rib). Lilith was a separate creation from Adam.

And pretty sure they're intended to be Italian or some variation of it, but mainly a play on the Salvatore brothers' name.

The Lilith character from the bible is also considered dangerous, devious, evil. Nowadays it's used to indicate powerful, independent, subversive women.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    lilonesub wrote:
    I think the name might be a play on the SalVATORE brothers from the Vampire Diaries TV show.

Me, too. It derives from Salvador which means 'savior' in spanish. In addition, St. Salvatore, a virtuous man, worked in a kitchen at the age of twenty, but 'thirsted for greater austerity'. He had supernatural abilities and could heal the blind, lame, and deaf. It would appear that Caleb could be partly based on him. However, he is also materialistic which I blame Ann Rice for... B)

Ref: St. Salvatore
    I love Anne Rice's vampire novels! As far as I'm concerned, she wrote the book on vampire lore. Forget Twilight and all that other plum.

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I never watched Vampire Diaries, not too big TV these days. I initially thought it was Italian also, but most of what I found on google suggested it was from India, with 800ish of the almost 1000 people listed with the last name "Vatore" living actually IN India.
    But I'll believe it was meant to sound like Lily Salvatore, since google initially tried to give me results for that name and I had to tell it "no, I'm actually searching for what I typed in" lol.
    I remember in Sims 3, I was so excited that there was a household in Supernatural based on the show Being Human, cause I loved that show.
    I was just telling my roomate yesterday about all the fun pop-culture references in Sims.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

I mostly agree with the "derived from Salvatore" conclusion but "Vatore" also sounds like a corruption of "Bathory", in its own strange way.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top