Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skill book to max charisma?

BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
Did they remove it from the game? I could swear that in one of my older saves one of my sims ordered a book. It cost a fortune but it allowed me to reach level 10 in charisma. Now there's no such book available to order anymore, and Carl's Guide mentions that all skill books go up to lvl 9. Is my memory faulty? Am I getting that old already?

Edit : I just looked into my old save and there is no such book. I could swear I purchased it. Something's amiss...

Comments

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't know, my sims gain charisma when talking to other sims. I'll go look.
    yes its still there. I had my sim order it on the computer, chose skills and there is three books for each skill including Charisma.
  • Options
    Thank you for looking!

But the thing is that those books only get us to level 9.
    There used to be a very expensive book sold to help us reach level 10. Either it was removed, or I'm fabulating.
  • Options
    JaypardJaypard Posts: 623 Member
    Isn't faster to just level charisma while talking to other people? I got from level 2 to 8 yesterday night playing a few hours with my Sim.
  • Options
    I don't know if it's THAT fast. Maybe it depends on the player. My sim lives alone and works from 10h to 6h, after what she must make diner and all. Only during the week-ends does she meet people. Late at night she used to read books but now at level 9 it seems it's not possible anymore.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I think it's always been to level 9. Not with all skills I think.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member

Can she practice anything in the mirror to build the skill? I can't seem to remember if we do that in 4. :#
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• Options
    foxx_fennecfoxx_fennec Posts: 761 Member
    I didn't know you can't max charisma with skill books - but the final level should still be easy enough to achieve if you've already reached level 9. Just get Confident and practice speaking in front of a mirror.
    Origin ID: foxx-fennec
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited June 2017
    Other ways to work on charisma skill:
    1. Reward trait, great kisser. I think it takes 3000 reward points.
    2. Set lot trait to convivial.
    3. Make a club and use perk points to upgrade charisma.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    does charisma go up when talking to work mates while at work??
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    i've always just maxed charisma by practicing speech in the mirror while confident. I tried a skill manual once and it was much slower.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I'm pretty sure you can't max charisma in the mirror. You actually need to talk to sims.
    Cooking is another skill that can't be maxed with books, but with actual practice.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    do you mean that socialite book? i had this in my save and it's gone, can't find it anywhere. it was like 2k simoleons.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    do you mean that socialite book? i had this in my save and it's gone, can't find it anywhere. it was like 2k simoleons.

You also remember that book? I knew I wasn't crazy.
    Maxis probably pulled it from the game without telling. Unless we're both crazy (that would be bad).
  • Options
    @BlueOvale yea, it's strange i can't find anything about it online either except for another thread in this forum. i remember i got it in my legacy so i went to check and i didn't have it/couldn't buy it. i went back to an earlier save in that legacy because i knew for certain one of the sims had it in her inventory- not there!
    i think something might've happened when they added journals for parenthood? i dunno. it's weird that they'd just remove it.
    if we're just crazy there's a couple more people in that aforementioned thread who are too at least. :p

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Fastest way I know is to simply use the MCCC mod. I know, I'm bad. :p
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I like to remove computers/TVs from houses so my sims only source of fun is books. That way they learn at the same time.
  • Options
    hey, not sure if you're still interested in the book, but i actually found it in the debug menu in bb and it is in fact for the charisma skill.
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/4a208f5dd6d635faf4759e1fab387d44/tumblr_os5a4cg1C91ullq0lo2_r1_1280.png

• Options
    edited June 2017
    hey, not sure if you're still interested in the book, but i actually found it in the debug menu in bb and it is in fact for the charisma skill.
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/4a208f5dd6d635faf4759e1fab387d44/tumblr_os5a4cg1C91ullq0lo2_r1_1280.png
    Wow, awesome.
    Was your sim in the politics career? My sim was, so I'm wondering if maybe that book is reserved for politicians.

edit : nvm, it wouldn't explain why our books disappeared.

• Options
    The fact that it's only in debug should tell us something. But what?
  • Options
    @BlueOvale she was an entertainer level 10 in comedy.
    i have no idea, i'm guessing they either changed the requirements for these books, accidentally removed access to them from the bookshelf, or they just wanted to get rid of them..
    i actually can still access one of these special books, i think it's baking/cooking? it's a recipe book. but the mixology one is gone too.

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    edited June 2017
    I found an old thread and quoted one of the posts here.
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I just Googled .... I found this info on SimsNerwork .... There were also a couple of books with (I think) collections of recipes and stuff like that. So they're also skill books, but more like how in The Sims 3 we would usually buy recipes and sheet music separately. And now those are bundled into bigger books. Most of them are expensive too!

Baker's Dozen 13 Fabulous Flour-Filled Recipes - §2500
    How To Be A Successful Socialite - §2500
    Mmm! What's That Smell? - §2500
    Shaken Or Stirred: 400 Pretentious Drinks - §150

Not sure if this is correct .... I just had my teen sim read the books and no green skill bar.

I had to think about it but I had a feeling I knew what you were talking about but I wasn't sure, I haven't checked I wonder if the other books are gone too.
    Edit: I did take a look and unless my sight is null and void I didn't see any of them though the socialite one was still in debug I remember them. I have a feeling there was a complaint and they slid them out of the main game.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I've always wondered what that socialite book was for. Had my sim buy it once thinking it unlocked special interactions but nothing came of it since he had already maxed charisma.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    seungdoseungdo Posts: 30 New Member
    Book can make your sim get max charisma.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can't max charisma in the mirror. You actually need to talk to sims.
    Cooking is another skill that can't be maxed with books, but with actual practice.

No you can indeed max it out completely using the mirror I've had sims do it. Doing it while confident makes it work better/faster.

However hands down the fastest way to raise charisma skill is to talking to people and using the Charisma based convo points. It's the same for the Mischief and Comedy skills as well. Which makes sense since those are the skills that are unlocked when you have a child complete the Communications skill.
    ~ ~ ~