Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ello! Need help with ideas to make the game fun.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2016
    marthakix wrote: »
    Another idea is to make a family of 8, and only allow yourself to control 1 of them!

I've done this one and it's actually quite a bit of fun... especially if you're an apartment in San Myshuno that has some negative lot traits. lol The other challenges simmers have mentioned are all great starts as well. My favorite is the runaway teen, and I also remodeled all the neighborhoods into a medieval theme and made my sim live on the land with only a tent, campfire, and bush to pee in on her home lot. If she wanted a shower she had to utilize a public shower (she usually hit up the monastery for that). It was a fun adventure that got cut short because CL released. I definitely plan on going back to it, though. The Medieval and survival theme is a lot of fun.

There are a few versions of Apocalypse challenges out there as well. You can write your own rules or use someone else's (just google Apocalypse challenge TS4). I wrote my own, because I couldn't stand the idea of never going outside at all. Anyway, remodeling my neighborhoods to fit a nuclear fallout scenario was really cool and fun and so was the play through of the challenge. With Lot Traits, I imagine it would be even more fun now.

If you're truly bored, though, and none of the great ideas in this thread sound interesting to you... take a break and play something else. Sometimes you just need a fresh adventure (my favorite distractions are Skyrim, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and The Witcher 3 with a smattering of Don't Starve Together and The Long Dark). ;)
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    This must be the week to bring threads that are nearly three years old back to life.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    This must be the week to bring threads that are nearly three years old back to life.

I know right, it's really starting to irritate me.
  • Options
    Sarahpurple12Sarahpurple12 Posts: 8 New Member
    I know this post is like two years old now, but I figured I'd reply to it anyhow :smiley: If you're bored, you should definitely try out a single mother gameplay. I made a young adult and one toddler (so thankful they put those in!) and have used no cheats apart from moveobjects, which has proven difficult but interesting. A couple of times, the toddler almost got taken away from her but I'm now working my way up and hope to purchase and run an artsy diner at some point. Or, if you don't find any interest in that, go back to one of the older generations of the sims (if you have any). I find myself playing Sims 4 for a few weeks, exhausting it and then going back to Sims 3 and exhausting that. Every time I go back to Sims 3/4 it feels fresh because I haven't played that one in a few weeks. Have fun!
  • Options
    NiyebeBlurrNiyebeBlurr Posts: 93 Member
    what helped with me is that i just not make everything so perfect you know?
    give your sims a story ( affair, single dad/mom, etc ) they don't always have to be happily married with kids and they don't always have to have those "positive traits" i used to always give my sims positive traits. never touched the traits like evil, insane, etc till recently and it's really not all that bad. it also helps if you buy expansion, game and stuff packs for your game.
    tumblr_mt947oTSBg1r3nvfwo1_500.gif
    Origin ID : Amihvn
  • Options
    Dean_W1nchesterDean_W1nchester Posts: 1 New Member
    Tessiexx wrote: »
    I've been playing Sims 4 off and & on since I bought it. The only thing that seems to happen is Go to work...school...study... Even finding a spouse and marrying is boring - there's no zeal and romance about it lol. But anyway, trying to give it another go! Any ideas on what I could do or how are you playing your game?

i have just gone through this again... but i found that creating a storyline and writing down a plot does wonders to help clear my mind. also downloading new clothes have also been a big helper
  • Options
    pinkqjamespinkqjames Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Tessiexx said:
    > I've been playing Sims 4 off and & on since I bought it. The only thing that seems to happen is Go to work...school...study... Even finding a spouse and marrying is boring - there's no zeal and romance about it lol. But anyway, trying to give it another go! Any ideas on what I could do or how are you playing your game?
    custom content
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I have played a group of monks who live in a big monastary. They sell vegetables and fruits they also make things on the bench. They wear the same clothing and look about the same but i mix up the ages. They go out but they do not date they also do not marry or have children. They live in poverty as much as i can so they can keep the monestary. It is sometimes really hard when they roll the aspiration to do things that i have restricted like woohoo and dating. So that makes it interesting. There also can be scandal when one or more does break the rules.
  • Options
    seungdoseungdo Posts: 30 New Member
    I think rich become richer, poor become poorer is best. Such like Boast wealthy. Or buy a corporation. And fire someone or hire someone or promotion someone anyway. If there are Real estate market and stock market, this game become more fun i guess.
  • Options
    Michwo04Michwo04 Posts: 1 New Member
    i think they should go back to the sims 3 game packs and copy that
  • Options
    rubyroorubyroo Posts: 1 New Member
    hello I play sims 4 and sims 3 though when playing sims 4 i love doing prison challenges or 100 baby challenges i have one family with 7 kids so far try that
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    For the base game, try filling out household collections (Fish, Space Rocks, Metals, etc.), making money with stay-at-home jobs like writing and programming to make more time for exploration and social activities, making a sim who's a troublemaker who goes around causing chaos around the town, or any of the various challenges that people have created (or, make up your own unique one).

For "Get to Work", try playing an alien, get a sim pregnant by aliens multiple times and have a bunch of alien offspring to raise, open a store, or play one of the active careers in an evil or incompetent manner (scraping by just enough not to be fired).

"Vampires" adds a lot of options too. If you make a vampire with the "Chief of Mischief" aspiration, then give them the vampire ability that lets them just break into people's houses, you can have him/her go around town in the dark of night, breaking into people's homes and clogging their drains. Add the "Kleptomaniac" trait, and you have yourself the perfect criminal! *insert evil laughter here*

Also, just diddling around in build mode and trying out new housing designs is fun too. If you're stumped for ideas, you can find, like, billions of building tutorials on YouTube.

For an extra boost, install MC Command Center and tweak a few settings to get your in-game environment and population just right...

The real key with making and keeping this game fun is to examine the tools at your disposal and find new ways to use and combine them to your liking. Don't be afraid to use cheats and mods either, since they can come in handy for setting up certain scenarios. For instance, everyone knows about the "Motherlode" cheat that you can spam to make your sims filthy rich, but there's also a cheat for taking money from your sims so you can start them out dirt poor! Look deeper than the everyday grind of work, school, and family to find the hidden nuances and tricks in the game.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited October 2017
    I like to 'tell' stories when I play. So, I create a family that I'm already invested in, for one reason or another, and tell their story. That way, depending on what needs to happen, I can set certain goals to attain as I go along. Right now, I have a rotation save that has my ancestors in it. Two separate households for now, where the eldest of each will get married. I started anew, and aged them down to child. Starting with teen, as I had in the past, made it difficult to instill those values in them by the time they were ready to age up. So, I restarted again. I need both John and Sarah Jane to get As in school and to achieve those values, as it pretty much matches up with who they really were. They lived in the 18th century and while girls weren't normally taught to do much more than be able to keep the books for their husband's business ventures, Sarah Jane was said to have had an 'unusual' education. She could read and write. The two married very young. And not just the South's young. He was only sixteen. So, you see, he has to be an 'over-achiever' in my game to portray him correctly, besides rather mature for his age.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    I have played a group of monks who live in a big monastary. They sell vegetables and fruits they also make things on the bench. They wear the same clothing and look about the same but i mix up the ages. They go out but they do not date they also do not marry or have children. They live in poverty as much as i can so they can keep the monestary. It is sometimes really hard when they roll the aspiration to do things that i have restricted like woohoo and dating. So that makes it interesting. There also can be scandal when one or more does break the rules.

Hey what are you using for the monks to live in? Did you find a monastery in the gallery or make one? Where can I find one?
  • Options
    SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member
    The 100 baby challenge was one female to have as many babies as possible then use her eldest daughter to continue etc...I am a male rl so I changed it to be from a male perspective. So tried to have 100 babies as a male sim. I am at 31 so far and making videos of it. I never run out of things to go do and see in sims 4. The content is huge.
  • Options
    Sky_SimsSky_Sims Posts: 26 Member
    Try the Not So Berry Challenge! All info is on lilsimsie's tublr page. ( i would send a link but it won't let me... i'm still pretty new to the sims forums :/ )

This DOES take a lot of time, but hey, it's made to help you try new things that you've probably never done before, so it'll definitely make the game more fun. Enjoy!
    xx
    445e2271a2be47c31974bf3c0824c731.jpg

May your sims be beautiful, and your homes a sight. May you have the perfect sim - one who sleeps the whole night.
  • Options
    lissydoodle13lissydoodle13 Posts: 1 New Member
    I doubt anyone's still on here, but I had an interesting idea.
    Make one female sim with striking characteristics (i.e. firey red hair, ugly, insanely pretty, etc.)
    Move her into every single house (either in one specific town or in every town you own)
    Have a child with every man able within the household. While you're pregnant, build the family a new and improved house, and makeover all the townies that live there.
    Every time you move houses, you need to bring your children with you unless you have a husband. Said husband must stay at a house you built with female sims' money. He can raise some of the children you have with the townies. No money cheats or taking money from the families you stay with.
    Eventually, you'll have SO many children, and the town will be overwhelmed with them!!
  • Options
    Sims_4_Dino_LoverSims_4_Dino_Lover Posts: 50 Member
    I know this post is like two years old now, but I figured I'd reply to it anyhow :smiley: If you're bored, you should definitely try out a single mother gameplay. I made a young adult and one toddler (so thankful they put those in!) and have used no cheats apart from moveobjects, which has proven difficult but interesting. A couple of times, the toddler almost got taken away from her but I'm now working my way up and hope to purchase and run an artsy diner at some point. Or, if you don't find any interest in that, go back to one of the older generations of the sims (if you have any). I find myself playing Sims 4 for a few weeks, exhausting it and then going back to Sims 3 and exhausting that. Every time I go back to Sims 3/4 it feels fresh because I haven't played that one in a few weeks. Have fun!

So, you should make a single mother/father with two kids, one is a child, the other is a teen. The teen can help out with the child, when the mother/father is at work.
    Hi
  • Options
    Sky97Sky97 Posts: 19 Member
    Rotational play is fun because it helps switch things up and keeps you from getting bored with the same household. I like to cycle through quite a few different households; some with kids and some without because they get a bit tiresome for me after a while.