Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Sims & Modeling Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited July 2017
    @wbombje Awww I hope your gorgeous doggie pulls through for a while! I know you can't really cure that, but there are animals who live with it for years. A person in my Siamese group on FB had an Oriental Shorthair that lived for 9 years after kidney failure diagnosis, so there's hope! I'm sending my best wishes!
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
  • Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    @Neverfalle Welcome back :)!

@NShippudenFan Thank you for your kind words!
    @MizoreYukii Thank you :).
    @ArtsyAmy Thank you so much, I hope so, too.
    @Vanadis Thank you. I just picked her up. The vet doesn't seem very optimistic about Penny's outcome, but she did say that she hopes she's wrong :(. I am having to play nurse this weekend since they gave me IVs to administer to her several times a day. We take her back Monday to see if she's improving and if her kidney function isn't too far gone.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    edited July 2017
    @Neverfalle I was so worried about you, I thought something bad had happened. Glad you're OK and welcome back. :)
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited July 2017
    I admire the heck out of you, @wbombje for persevering with your gorgeous dog. I love my animals and would do anything to keep them alive just like you. I have to admit all my animals cats or dogs have lasted well most being up to 18 years old, including a Labrador which don't normally live that long, but it is always hard when they become ill.
    @Neverfalle there is nothing to forgive, dear friend, RL has a way of doing that to us all at some time or another. It's almost like things happen to drag us away from our addictive work here for good reason. Mainly because we probably spend too much time on here and need something to focus our attention elsewhere.

• Options
    @wbombje I hope your vet is wrong and that your pupper lives for a few more years. The IV is probably subcutaneous fluid to keep her well-hydrated and take the strain off her kidneys. My friend with the OSH gave her kitter subcu fluids for almost 9 years every day. We do what we can to keep our babies going. But you'll know if and when you have to let her cross the Rainbow Bridge. And you'll see her again.

I had a Maine Coo.n and Persian mix, named Scooter, that I loved with all my heart for the few months I had him. On Christmas in 2013 he had a stroke that caused intense pain in his back legs and he couldn't move them, and he was just screaming. Hubs picked him up and held him on his lap during the car ride while we rushed him to the ER vet. He had cardiomyopathy that his old owner never treated and that caused the stroke most likely. The vet told us "If he was my kitty, I'd let him sleep." So we snuggled and loved on him while he was under pain meds and let him go. We knew we'd have to even before the vet said that it'd be the humane thing to do.

So you'll know if and when your pupper has to go, but I hope she doesn't for a long time. Losing a pet is horrible. We were messes for a few weeks after we had Scooter go over the Bridge. I'd feel like I saw him out of the corner of my eye and go "Aww, hey Scootie!" and then remember he was gone. I still miss him so, so much. And that was four years ago! He was the absolute sweetest cat.

But just know that if you do have to let her go, she loved you so much and appreciated how much you loved her. But I'm rooting for her to have a few more years at least in her. If you do have to let her go, feel free to PM me and I'll try to help you through it. But I really, really hope she'll pull through. You're an amazing pupper owner and I know you'll keep her comfy.
    I'm somewhere between
  • Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    @vanadis Thank you so much! Your words are very encouraging. The vet fears that her levels, I can't remember of what other than RBC count, are way too low, and I'm hoping for a miracle now. She gets her check ups once a year when she gets her rabies shot. Last one was about 10 months ago. She did go to the vet about 2 months ago because she tried to eat a stick and it got caught in her throat. They didn't catch anything then. My vet was suggesting that it might be too late, but then again, we are all hoping that we are all wrong. On Monday she could surprise us all.
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    NeverfalleNeverfalle Posts: 377 Member
    @MizoreYukii Thanks, Mizzie <3

@kittymeow I should have said something. I didn't mean to worry anybody >.< Thanks :3

@Jendowoz0612 That is true. Thanks :)

@wbombje I really hope your dog is okay. It's so worrying when they're sick :(

Can't stop, won't stop.
  • Options
    zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    hey guys. what's goin on?
  • Options
    KelebekKelebek Posts: 2,079 Member
    @Neverfalle Omg welcome back!I'm glad you're ok.
  • Options
    JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Is it me or do things seem very quiet around here at the moment? May be because it's summer and people away.

I may be moving out soon into a house share in more central London. If that's the case I probably won't be able to take my PC with me, so won't be able to compete any more. I'll really miss it!

But hey nothing is set in stone yet.
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    FauxEvermoreFauxEvermore Posts: 226 Member
    Something I've been working on recently:
    35283355433_f3fa6f8490_o.png
    Based on Roland Mouret's Pre-Spring 2017 Collection
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Beautiful @jpikman

I'm tempted to load up sims 4 for first time in years simply to make a model

Cc looks amazing now! Not sure what poses etc are like
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    Thanks @JoeJoe11 - I hear ya regarding the Sims 3 vs Sims 4. I love the Sims 4 (though not oblivious to its faults). That being said, I have caught myself being tempted to come back to the Sims 3. The only thing that bothers me about the Sims 4 (with regards to Sims (excluding neighborhoods etc)) is the quality limit - specifically, it's really impossible to create super detailed skins / clothes. There is the HQ mod, but even that has its limits (and makes other parts of the game nonfunctional - ie. black silhouette sims walking around lol). I always keep thinking of the detailed work that Kurasoberina does for the Sims 3 (http://kurasoberina.tumblr.com/) - it's really difficult to recreate that kind of level of detail for the Sims 4
  • Options
    jpikman wrote: »
    Thanks @JoeJoe11 - I hear ya regarding the Sims 3 vs Sims 4. I love the Sims 4 (though not oblivious to its faults). That being said, I have caught myself being tempted to come back to the Sims 3. The only thing that bothers me about the Sims 4 (with regards to Sims (excluding neighborhoods etc)) is the quality limit - specifically, it's really impossible to create super detailed skins / clothes. There is the HQ mod, but even that has its limits (and makes other parts of the game nonfunctional - ie. black silhouette sims walking around lol). I always keep thinking of the detailed work that Kurasoberina does for the Sims 3 (http://kurasoberina.tumblr.com/) - it's really difficult to recreate that kind of level of detail for the Sims 4

Hmmmm! Thanks for detailed response. I love the intuitive nature of Sims 4 CAS - think there's a better template for more unique Sims, even with ts3 additional sliders.

Think ill stick with my HQ cc rich Sims 3 for now though if that's the case! Your Sims 4 models look hyper realistic which is what tempted me!
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    Seeing that simblr makes me wanna learn to skin blend/make SO bad
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    @joejoe11 Yeah - you're totally right about the intuitive nature of the Sims 4 CAS. And certain things do look more realistic in the Sims 4 CAS (or more defined specifically) (ie. eye shape, lip shape etc). With the Sims 3, CAS sliders have made a world of a difference. When I looked at some of the hyper-realistic work from the Sims 3, I realized that it's tons of sliders, including an "all-important" / "indispensable" Smooth Face Normals slider from Pu+Chi House. With all that said and done, I was too lazy to switch back or even dabble in the Sims 3 - just imagining how long it would take for me to download CC / sliders etc. made me shudder lol. I imagine it's the same going from the Sims 3 to Sims 4 lol.

And yes, since I'm also really focused on Sims 4 CC, getting into Sims 3 CC would take a while as well. And thank you again for the complements regarding my CC - I've sadly found a lack of realistic CC for the Sims 4 - don't get me wrong, it exists (ie. Starlord, Simpliciaty, Gramsims, and a bunch of others), unfortunately, while Sims 3 CC has gone down the route of realism (generally), a large subset of Sims 4 CC is "Maxis-match" - nothing wrong with that, and I get why folks like it, but I'm not really interested in it. That's why I got into the realistic CC game lol
  • Options
    I agree with you guys about the CC for Sims 4. I'm a big fan of realistic CC as well and I've noticed that it's really, really lacking for kids especially! I don't model with Sims 4, I use Sims 3, but I have a legacy going on Sims 4 and my game's kind of jarring because all the kids have clay hair and all the teens and up have alpha hair.

I haven't even played with toddlers yet xD I haven't opened Sims 4 in months. But I know there's a little bit of realistic CC for them.

The few who DO make realistic Sims 4 CC are generally pretty flipping amazing. I wish I was on that level, but I mainly just do recolors for Sims 4.
    I'm somewhere between
  • Options
    Sims 4 gameplay was never fun for me @Vanadis makes me sad!

@jpikman was there a specific skin creating tutorial you followed when first learning?
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    @JoeJoe11 I would say first start with skin blends to get used to it (or at least that's what I did). There are a couple of tools that I found very useful; a recent version of Photoshop is most important (IE. That has 3d editing included). You can follow the tutorial here (https://youtu.be/heywzNNO-Sw). I can also tell you that Kurosoberina most likely uses purchased skin resources (photorealistic skin sets of actual people) from sites like Renderosity (resources for Poser and Daz creators). I dabble in that and have seen the images that Kurosoberina used for her most recent realistic sims. (IE. For example if you go to Renderosity and search for Lorraine, you'll find the skinset Kurosoberina probably (definitely) used for her Wendy sim)

If you don't have Photoshop with 3d editing, there's another program called Facegen / Face Modeller (there's a demo version). You can upload pics and it spits out face textures for a head mesh. Then you can go ahead and reposition them to fit the Sims UV maps.
  • Options
    ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    @jpikman Very beautiful gown! Simply gorgeous B)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • Options
    zombiesue wrote: »
    hey guys. what's goin on?

Hello :)
    LCTYbER.gif

• Options
    JoeJoe11 wrote: »
    Is it me or do things seem very quiet around here at the moment? May be because it's summer and people away.

I may be moving out soon into a house share in more central London. If that's the case I probably won't be able to take my PC with me, so won't be able to compete any more. I'll really miss it!

But hey nothing is set in stone yet.

Oh, I hope you're able to keep your pc and stay on here! <3
    LCTYbER.gif

• Options
    jpikman wrote: »
    @JoeJoe11 I would say first start with skin blends to get used to it (or at least that's what I did). There are a couple of tools that I found very useful; a recent version of Photoshop is most important (IE. That has 3d editing included). You can follow the tutorial here (https://youtu.be/heywzNNO-Sw). I can also tell you that Kurosoberina most likely uses purchased skin resources (photorealistic skin sets of actual people) from sites like Renderosity (resources for Poser and Daz creators). I dabble in that and have seen the images that Kurosoberina used for her most recent realistic sims. (IE. For example if you go to Renderosity and search for Lorraine, you'll find the skinset Kurosoberina probably (definitely) used for her Wendy sim)

If you don't have Photoshop with 3d editing, there's another program called Facegen / Face Modeller (there's a demo version). You can upload pics and it spits out face textures for a head mesh. Then you can go ahead and reposition them to fit the Sims UV maps.

been playing around and can follow all these steps. still quite confused but getting a bit more familiar.

now it's just blending a nice skin that's the challenge! :D
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    NeverfalleNeverfalle Posts: 377 Member
    Hiiiiii :3

How is everyone doing today?
    Can't stop, won't stop.
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Hi Neverfalle :smiley: