Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mailman, Paper Girl, Maid changing clothes and trying to use the pool

I'm trying to figure out if I messed something up with the NRAAS mods because this started happening. After the mail man delivers the mail, he changes into his swim outfit and goes towards the pool. He stops, changes to his everyday outfit and runs off the lot. Same thing with the Paper boy and the maid. Why is this happening and is there any way to correct this with the mods?
Playing the Sims since 2001.

Comments

• Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I occasionally have this happen as well and never tbought anything of it :o hmm. Maybe they just want to swim, or perhaps something to do with routing.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I see that too. I also see the mail carrier trying to use the juice keg if I have one on the lot. I never connected it with NRaas mods, but I've been using those for a long time.

I don't know how to prevent it.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I've had it happen too. Sometimes they wave their arms and yell because they can't get to the pool, then they leave. Nobody asked you over to swim, anyway! :D
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    The only time I had something like this in my game it was intentional. There was a bachelor sim of questionable character in my game who lived on a houseboat lot in Lucky Springs. For some reason he thought it fun to build a pool in such a way that the mail lady was forced to switch into her bikini to deliver his mail.
    Maybe your issue could be somewhat routing related? Do you have a picture of the lot?
  • Options
    FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    It happens on all the lots unfortunately. I'm wondering if it is NRAAS mod related (and I clicked on something I shouldn't have) or if it's a glitch with the game.
  • Options
    ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    edited July 2017
    I've had the mailperson get in my pool in the very first game I played. That was a straight vanilla game, no EPs, no mods.
    However it only happened a couple times, not on a regular basis.

My guess is that the mod might be amplifying the "fun advertisement" of the pool. So you could turn that down if you have Retuner.
    Also if you have Seasons & it's hot out they might be trying to cool off.

The reason he changes his clothes back & runs off is because after a certain amount of time, mailpersons & paper kids are "pushed" to leave your lot and go on their way, "to the next house" as it were.
    If you try to interact with them as they're running off, it'll say "so&so has somewhere else they need to be" or similar.
    Maids don't usually leave until they're none cleaning tho. Does the maid run off without cleaning? Or does she finish cleaning first, then go for the pool?

Which NRaas mods are you using?

@igazor would have a better idea of whether the mods you're using might cause this.
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    This has happened in my game ever since I installed Seasons. This was before I went down the Nrass route and modded my game to the max, it was pretty much vanilla but the Seasons ep saw the mail girl, the postman etc change into swimsuits and want to get into the pool.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @igazor would have a better idea of whether the mods you're using might cause this.
    None that I'm aware of. Turning down the fun advertising on pools using Retuner might help, but that would affect everyone in town not just Service Sims. I only see this kind of thing rarely in my own game, but most of my sims who do have pools don't have them all that close to the front of the lot, where the Service Sims would be entering. I wonder if distance from the front door or mailbox might be a factor, in the case of the delivery sims I mean.

Maids just like to goof off in various ways. On one of the most important days of my sims' lives (huge wedding, guests in from other worlds and all over), instead of helping to get the house nice and clean for everyone my maid at the time decided to eat ice cream all day long. Guess who got dismissed rather abruptly? The elders of the household were just thrilled that they had to spend the entire late morning and early afternoon cleaning toilets and making the beds. The beds of course no one saw, the wedding was in the back yard, but it was the principle of the thing. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    None that I'm aware of. Turning down the fun advertising on pools using Retuner might help, but that would affect everyone in town not just Service Sims. I only see this kind of thing rarely in my own game, but most of my sims who do have pools don't have them all that close to the front of the lot, where the Service Sims would be entering. I wonder if distance from the front door or mailbox might be a factor, in the case of the delivery sims I mean.

Maids just like to goof off in various ways. On one of the most important days of my sims' lives (huge wedding, guests in from other worlds and all over), instead of helping to get the house nice and clean for everyone my maid at the time decided to eat ice cream all day long. Guess who got dismissed rather abruptly? The elders of the household were just thrilled that they had to spend the entire late morning and early afternoon cleaning toilets and making the beds. The beds of course no one saw, the wedding was in the back yard, but it was the principle of the thing. :)

I actually do have a some household pools on the side of the lot which would be closer to the mailbox, I'll try moving the mailboxes far away from the pools and see if that changes anything.
  • Options
    ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    This has happened in my game ever since I installed Seasons. This was before I went down the Nrass route and modded my game to the max, it was pretty much vanilla but the Seasons ep saw the mail girl, the postman etc change into swimsuits and want to get into the pool.

That's probably the weather then, when it's hot out, what's better than a dip in the pool to cool off?
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    It happens all the time in my games. If my sims have a pool, the mail and paper carriers always change and try to get to it. Once when my household had a burglar, after the police officer fought with the burglar, in the middle of the night, as always, he changed into his swimwear and got on the pool slide. But I always, and I mean every time, put my pools in the back yard, about as far from the mailbox as possible. So it's not the location. I deal with it by building fences and locking the gates to everybody but my household. Or better yet, building a fence only around the backyard with no gate, so the only access is through the house. They'll still change into their swimwear, but then they'll they have a hissy fit because they can't get to the pool.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I don't have any mods and this happens to me all the time. They sometimes also use my Sims's laptop or raid the frig. Even the university mascot does it. Perhaps it depends on the traits of these sims?
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Depends on the mail carrier,there are some good ones and have no issue with them using my pool.Example:Roaring Heights female mail carrier Carole Lewis use her as a model for my clothing patterns often :love:

2nvgzth.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    When I first started playing, I had Kate Pistachio cleaning my house. It was a 3 story 3bed/2bath mansion (weird that she never did the pool house). During one of her shifts, she finished up early and was going to go to the pool. She was in the Master bedroom (on the third floor) and finished making the bed. She changed into her swim wear and was headed for the stairs, but unfortunately, (I guess) the "timer" ran out when she got to the stairs. She then changed into her everyday outfit and left.

Sorry Kate, maybe some other time!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!