Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 is not unfinished at all

andre1906andre1906 Posts: 89 Member
Most Simmers like to say: "The Sims 4 is so unfinished, there are a lot of content missing in the game."

But is the game really unfinished or they added the stuff in a way we didn't like?

I say... The Sims 4 is almost complete.

Wait, but how?
The Sims 4 has almost all content we had in previous generations. If you really pay attention...

Base Game = The base game already came with nightclubs, museum, gallery and hobbies stuff, like collecting metals, crystals, trophies, fossil and musical instruments.

Outdoor Retreat = Our first paid pack for The Sims 4 added a vacation destination, more can come later with GPs too (like a beach destination).

Get To Work = The 1st EP for the game added active careers, also allowed us to manage our own store.

Luxury Party / Perfect Patio = Added more party outfits and hot tubs.

Spa Day = Added Spa stuff, like massages, meditation, mud baths, saunas and yoga.

Cool Kitchen / Spooky Stuff = Added more items to kitchen and Halloween costumes.

Get Together = Added Café, more nightclubs, bar and places to party.

Movie Hangout / Romantic Garden = Added a popcorn maker and new garden stuff.

Dine Out = Added restaurants

Kids Room / Backyard = Added new content for children's rooms and backyard stuff, like a slip n' slide.

City Living = Added a big city, w/ cultural festivals, apartments, karaoke and new active careers.

Vintage Glamour = More clothes were added.

Vampires = Added vampires to the game in a very well done pack.

Bowling Night = Added bowling to the game.

Parenthood = Added content to fulfill the early stages of a Sim life.

Fitness = Added a rock climbing treadmill, earbuds, etc.

Toddler = Adds more toddler content to the game.

Eco Living = Adds laundry stuff to the game.

In case you haven't paid attention, almost everything from previous games is already included. Maybe not in the way we expected or wanted, but it's included. Maxis seems to moving away from EPs, adding more detailed stuff in Game Packs than Expansion Packs.
"Okay, what can come next?"
I can give only two options that are big enough to get a proper EP: Pets and Seasons. If this year's EP is indeed Pets, then Seasons is the next one. Also this explains why we are getting only one expansion pack pear year. This generation is ending.

"Wait, so no University, Magic or Fame?"
University can come as a Game Pack too. "WHAT? Are you out of your mind?" Nope, we have almost all community lots University Life had, like cafe and bowling alley. So an University GP would be focused in our Sims during the interactive classes, and also by having a tiny world opened only for students to visit, like the hospital, police station and the lab, dedicated to the university itself.

There's no reason to develop a large expansion pack for Fame or Magic. Both themes would be better explored in Game Packs, like the Vampires one.

"Cars?"
In case the Gurus decide to add cars in this game, I can see they adding in a free game update and releasing more later in a Stuff Pack (like the Fast Lane).

"The Gurus always said that Sims 4 would last longer than any previous generations."
Yes, with two more EPs scheduled for 2017 and 2018, plus having 2019 dedicated to SPs and GPs, this generation would last almost 6 years in active development, more than any previous generations ever.

"Why no EPs in 2019?"
Maxis would be focusing in The Sims 5 to be released in early 2020, so there's no point in bringing an expansion pack so close to the next base game.

"In your theory, when will Sims 5 be released?"
I truly believe Sims 5 will come in February 4, 2020. During the 20th anniversary of the franchise.

PS: I might be wrong too.
PS²: I'd like to keep the positivity here, so please there's no need to be rude. If you agree w/ me, then great. If not, I would like to know.
Post edited by andre1906 on

Comments

• Options
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Well it isn't.

Why do you think that? Just let me know what The Sims 4 is missing. All basic/main content are already in the game, except Pets and Seasons.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I don't agree. They have said million times they'll keep adding stuff as long as they have ideas. There is still plenty to be added. Vacations, seasons, pets, time traveling, superstars, supernatural, hobbies, education pack, more careers.... etc. I am sure gurus have these ideas too. And I am even 'surer' they have much more and greater ideas :-)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    andre1906 wrote: »
    Well it isn't.

Why do you think that? Just let me know what The Sims 4 is missing. All basic/main content are already in the game, except Pets and Seasons.

There have been multiple threads like this and the gurus have said that they will continue to make content for the game until it doesn't make sense to do so anymore.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I don't agree. They have said million times they'll keep adding stuff as long as they have ideas. There is still plenty to be added. Vacations, seasons, pets, time traveling, superstars, supernatural, hobbies, education pack, more careers.... etc. I am sure gurus have these ideas too. And I am even 'surer' they have much more and greater ideas :-)
    Well it isn't. There have been multiple threads like this and the gurus have said that they will continue to make content for the game until it doesn't make sense to do so anymore.

I suggested about vacations, seasons, pets, fame too. They'll absolutely won't be adding stuff as long they have new ideas, since because this doesn't make any sense. It's not how the industry works and it's not lucrative for EA to maintain a game for too long. They certainly have a deadline, like any other game.

I created this topic to do a health debate, so please if you disagree about anything I said, then say it! Just don't use sarcasm, like "nah lol".
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    all of this speculation is lovely, other than the fact that they've already said the game isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited July 2017

I suggested about vacations, seasons, pets, fame too. They'll absolutely won't be adding stuff as long they have new ideas, since because this doesn't make any sense. It's not how the industry works and it's not lucrative for EA to maintain a game for too long. They certainly have a deadline, like any other game.

Sorry, but that's not true at all. There is no hard deadline on this game unless they are developing Sims 5. Otherwise, they will continue to make new content as long as people continue to buy it and they continue to make a profit. Even if they only made a Pets and Seasons EP, that would take us until at least Fall of 2018....and to think that they will only add content that was in previous Sims games is a baseless assumption.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    JimG72 wrote: »

Sorry, but that's not true at all. There is no hard deadline on this game unless they are developing Sims 5. Otherwise, they will continue to make new content as long as people continue to buy it and they continue to make a profit. Even if they only made a Pets and Seasons EP, that would take us until at least Fall of 2018....and to think that they will only add content that was in previous Sims games is a baseless assumption.

I'm not suggesting that they have to add only content from previous games to end this game. I'm suggesting that all basic/core content from previous games are already in the game, even when people like to say that the game is unfinished but the facts proves to be the opposite. Btw, what makes you wonder that they aren't developing Sims 5? Ofc they are.
  • Options
    Cookie4simsCookie4sims Posts: 149 Member
    What you say MAYBE true to a point but for me, this will be my last time investing in the Sims franchise. I've been playing Sims since 2000 something. I'm at a age where, the ride has been fun but time to move on. I'm not saying a person is to old to enjoy it but it's has changed(for me) and all good things do end at some point, weather it be on my end or EA/Maxis...
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Well it isn't. There have been multiple threads like this and the gurus have said that they will continue to make content for the game until it doesn't make sense to do so anymore.

I created this topic to do a health debate, so please if you disagree about anything I said, then say it! Just don't use sarcasm, like "nah lol".

Maybe they don't have a deadline. They might be adding stuff as long as they have new ideas in case there won't be TS5. That might be the case.

-probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SimCrazed25SimCrazed25 Posts: 28 New Member
    Im starting to sense that some people arent making the most of sims 4 , so they are "predicting" and hoping for the demise of the game Which is super sad to me. I really enjoy this game .And while, not everyone feels the way I do, I think this game is FAR from over. It is a very successful game. Youtubers can become an online star, just by posting videos of only the sims. There is a huge fanbase out there for these games and players are buying the content. I think people look around at the forums and see some discontent and become confused.

The game is hardly finished OP and unless you have spoken to a guru or gotten some hints from a guru about the future of sims 4, then I dont understand the purpose of these kinds of threads. My opinion.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Im starting to sense that some people arent making the most of sims 4 , so they are "predicting" and hoping for the demise of the game Which is super sad to me. I really enjoy this game .And while, not everyone feels the way I do, I think this game is FAR from over. It is a very successful game. Youtubers can become an online star, just by posting videos of only the sims. There is a huge fanbase out there for these games and players are buying the content. I think people look around at the forums and see some discontent and become confused.

The game is hardly finished OP and unless you have spoken to a guru or gotten some hints from a guru about the future of sims 4, then I dont understand the purpose of these kinds of threads. My opinion.

The point of this thread is to debate. The same way everyone like to speculate about future content, so do I. You think this game is far from over, and I feel this game is coming to an end sometime in the future. It's not crazy to talk about Sims 5, since people used to talk about The Sims 4 during the Sims 3 days.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    We are getting Pets - we don't know when, but they are coming.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    They've added for almost $350 of stuff to the game so yeah, I should hope it's starting to feel complete by now. We're almost three years in, potential days are really over by now.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > They've added for almost $350 of stuff to the game so yeah, I should hope it's starting to feel complete by now. We're almost three years in, potential days are really over by now.

That is unreasonable . Would you say that Sims 3 would have been complete without Pets, University or Seasons? How about Sims 3 without a dedicated vacations game pack? Or Sims 3 without Generations? What makes a game complete has nothing to do with the number of years it has been in development and by the way 3 years is a relatively short amount of time.

To answer the question , no. Sims 3 wouldnt have felt completed with all of the stuff that has yet to come to sims 4 . This game is still in development and there is plenty more to come in the future.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > They've added for almost $350 of stuff to the game so yeah, I should hope it's starting to feel complete by now. We're almost three years in, potential days are really over by now.

That is unreasonable . Would you say that Sims 3 would have been complete without Pets, University or Seasons? How about Sims 3 without a dedicated vacations game pack? Or Sims 3 without Generations? What makes a game complete has nothing to do with the number of years it has been in development and by the way 3 years is a relatively short amount of time.

To answer the question , no. Sims 3 wouldnt have felt completed with all of the stuff that has yet to come to sims 4 . This game is still in development and there is plenty more to come in the future.
    No, did I say that ;)? This topic is about Sims 4 is it not? I don't think a game necessarily feels complete just because you can make a checklist of things in there by the way, I think the player decides if a game feels complete. Like, I never missed weather in 3 before Seasons was released, because I didn't know what that was like in the game. Players who were familiar with Sims 2 did miss it. But indeed, the predecessors needed additions as well. I've never been at a point with Sims 3 though where I was craving new stuff and stopped playing to wait for a new expansion.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > SimCrazed25 wrote: »
    >
    > > @JoAnne65 said:
    > > They've added for almost $350 of stuff to the game so yeah, I should hope it's starting to feel complete by now. We're almost three years in, potential days are really over by now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That is unreasonable . Would you say that Sims 3 would have been complete without Pets, University or Seasons? How about Sims 3 without a dedicated vacations game pack? Or Sims 3 without Generations? What makes a game complete has nothing to do with the number of years it has been in development and by the way 3 years is a relatively short amount of time.
    >
    > To answer the question , no. Sims 3 wouldnt have felt completed with all of the stuff that has yet to come to sims 4 . This game is still in development and there is plenty more to come in the future.
    >
    >
    >
    > No, did I say that ;)? This topic is about Sims 4 is it not? I don't think a game necessarily feels complete just because you can make a checklist of things in there by the way, I think the player decides if a game feels complete. Like, I never missed weather in 3 before Seasons was released, because I didn't know what that was like in the game. Players who were familiar with Sims 2 did miss it. But indeed, the predecessors needed additions as well. I've never been at a point with Sims 3 though where I was craving new stuff and stopped playing to wait for a new expansion.

Sound likes that is what you are suggesting? That we should be fine with those things not being in the sims 4...possibly ever. Because you said that our game is likely going to be "over" soon. Why is that? Do you have some information about the game that the rest of us arent aware of? Whether or not the game "feels" complete is irrelevant. It isn't complete because it is still in DEVELOPMENT and it is missing the core elements such as expansions that have been in the past few sims games. Sure, the game has enough stuff to keep us players entertained for a while up to this point. But there is still more to be done. That has never not been the case. Some on the forums talk as if Sims 4 is the only game where people ever asked for expansions or content and its not.

The reason why that is important is because we want all of the stuff we had with previous sims games.Theres nothing wrong with that and it doesnt mean we arent enjoying our games. I play Sims 4 more than I ever messed with Sims 3 . But I still want more content to complete my collection and fill in gaps in my sims lives. What might not be essential for your gameplay is essential for someone elses.

Coming back around to the point of the thread, where is the proof that the sims 4 will not getting a lot more content in the future?
  • Options
    > @Karallyne said:
    > all of this speculation is lovely, other than the fact that they've already said the game isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

:) agreed.
  • Options
    No one has to play sims 4 if they dont like it. I enjoy this game a lot . Thats why I spend my money on it. It love the objects and the gameplay. MidnightAura, if you do not like this game, then the best thing to do is to play previous versions, because as you said they are so much better than this one. So why waste your money? You said that nothing will improve your enjoyment of Sims 4, so I would just stop buying the games altogether and move on. That way the Sims 4 forum can be for people who DO believe this game can have a bright future and not entirely negative posts about how this game can not be "improved" or "fixed". Even though I dont think this game needs fixing.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    No one has to play sims 4 if they dont like it. I enjoy this game a lot . Thats why I spend my money on it. It love the objects and the gameplay. MidnightAura, if you do not like this game, then the best thing to do is to play previous versions, because as you said they are so much better than this one. So why waste your money? You said that nothing will improve your enjoyment of Sims 4, so I would just stop buying the games altogether and move on. That way the Sims 4 forum can be for people who DO believe this game can have a bright future and not entirely negative posts about how this game can not be "improved" or "fixed". Even though I dont think this game needs fixing.

It's not for you to tell me what to do in my spare time thank you. I've been a simmer since the sims 1, I want to see this game improve. I want to see the devs prove me wrong (if possible). You do not get to tell me what to do. This forum is for simmers, criticising the sims is not against the rules nor is there a rule that states you can only post super happy comments.

When a topic like this is created, it invites feedback, sometimes that feedback is not always "oh my god the sims 4 is the best ever!" Because this game does need improvements, it's great you don't think so and are completely satisfied but that is very unusual even the more passionate sims 4 fans agree with my earlier comments.

• Options
    > @MidnightAura said:
    >
    > No one has to play sims 4 if they dont like it. I enjoy this game a lot . Thats why I spend my money on it. It love the objects and the gameplay. MidnightAura, if you do not like this game, then the best thing to do is to play previous versions, because as you said they are so much better than this one. So why waste your money? You said that nothing will improve your enjoyment of Sims 4, so I would just stop buying the games altogether and move on. That way the Sims 4 forum can be for people who DO believe this game can have a bright future and not entirely negative posts about how this game can not be "improved" or "fixed". Even though I dont think this game needs fixing.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's not for you to tell me what to do in my spare time thank you. I've been a simmer since the sims 1, I want to see this game improve. I want to see the devs prove me wrong (if possible). You do not get to tell me what to do. This forum is for simmers, criticising the sims is not against the rules nor is there a rule that states you can only post super happy comments.
    >
    > When a topic like this is created, it invites feedback, sometimes that feedback is not always "oh my god the sims 4 is the best ever!" Because this game does need improvements, it's great you don't think so and are completely satisfied but that is very unusual even the more passionate sims 4 fans agree with my earlier comments.

Im just trying to help you out. And also make the forums less bothersome for others. If this game is not your cup of tea, then why waste your time and money? Thats not me telling you what to do or cutting you down, its just common sense. Thats what I would do. The Sims 3 and Sims 2 are there for you to play and if they are as amazing of a gaming experience for you as you say they are then it would probably be a lot more fun for you to focus your time on those games instead.
  • Options
    > @John4est said:
    > I think it is so ironic the same people who play the game and post in the forums are the same people complaining about it. I'd like to remind ALL OF YOU that playing this game is 100% a choice. It is not forced upon. If you don't like it, then don't play it, and def. don't attribute to the community by blasting the forums. I personally LOVE The Sims 4. I think it is acceptable to complain about glitches, but to complain about the content is just a cry for attention.
    >
    > You are more than welcome to continue playing TS3, TS2 or just The Sims. If Sims 4 isn't your thing, then please spare us your petty complaints and move on. It's a lost cause.

Thank you. Let's put it this way, Sims 2 and Sims 3 are still available for anyone who wants them. Of course, anybody can criticise anything they wish. But what is there to get out of criticizing and making the same points over and over on different posts? Simmer or not, time is better spent doing things that we do enjoy. I wonder how much some of these players actually play Sims 2 or Sims 3 anymore???

Because theres a tendency for some to claim a previous version is so wonderful, but you can tell they spend more time bashing sims 4 than PLAYING the games that they DO enjoy . Which is what I dont understand. Its just a game, if you dont like it, for whatever reason you dont have to play it. I would never spend an excess amount of time discussing a game I hate . Much less spend $$$ on it RATHER than spend my time playing a game I do like.Especially if Im going to claim that its so much better than the current version. I would play that game to my hearts content .
  • Options
    > @MidnightAura said:
    >
    > > @MidnightAura said:
    > > SimCrazed25 wrote: »
    > >
    > > No one has to play sims 4 if they dont like it. I enjoy this game a lot . Thats why I spend my money on it. It love the objects and the gameplay. MidnightAura, if you do not like this game, then the best thing to do is to play previous versions, because as you said they are so much better than this one. So why waste your money? You said that nothing will improve your enjoyment of Sims 4, so I would just stop buying the games altogether and move on. That way the Sims 4 forum can be for people who DO believe this game can have a bright future and not entirely negative posts about how this game can not be "improved" or "fixed". Even though I dont think this game needs fixing.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > It's not for you to tell me what to do in my spare time thank you. I've been a simmer since the sims 1, I want to see this game improve. I want to see the devs prove me wrong (if possible). You do not get to tell me what to do. This forum is for simmers, criticising the sims is not against the rules nor is there a rule that states you can only post super happy comments.
    > >
    > > When a topic like this is created, it invites feedback, sometimes that feedback is not always "oh my god the sims 4 is the best ever!" Because this game does need improvements, it's great you don't think so and are completely satisfied but that is very unusual even the more passionate sims 4 fans agree with my earlier comments.
    >
    >
    > Im just trying to help you out. And also make the forums less bothersome for others. If this game is not your cup of tea, then why waste your time and money? Thats not me telling you what to do or cutting you down, its just common sense. Thats what I would do. The Sims 3 and Sims 2 are there for you to play and if they are as amazing of a gaming experience for you as you say they are then it would probably be a lot more fun for you to focus your time on those games instead.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So having an opinion that isn't super positive about the sims 4 makes the forum bothersome?
    >
    > I have stated my reasons, I don't have to explain myself to anyone. This is going off topic. I stand by my first comment and I'm not sorry if that offends you. It's how I feel about the game and as someone who has paid money for this game I do have a right to express my opinion on what constitutes a finished product.

No one is taking any rights from you. Im just sharing my thoughts just like you. Im totally unoffended. I apologize and dont know how you got that impression. Im just puzzled I guess. Whether or not somebody else enjoys the Sims 4 has no bearing on how much I enjoy it. For me thats a bit weird. That would be like me not liking Pizza or Ice-cream , because somewhere out there is somebody who doesnt enjoy yummy snacks. No way :D
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    > @MidnightAura said:
    >
    > > @MidnightAura said:
    > > SimCrazed25 wrote: »
    > >
    > > No one has to play sims 4 if they dont like it. I enjoy this game a lot . Thats why I spend my money on it. It love the objects and the gameplay. MidnightAura, if you do not like this game, then the best thing to do is to play previous versions, because as you said they are so much better than this one. So why waste your money? You said that nothing will improve your enjoyment of Sims 4, so I would just stop buying the games altogether and move on. That way the Sims 4 forum can be for people who DO believe this game can have a bright future and not entirely negative posts about how this game can not be "improved" or "fixed". Even though I dont think this game needs fixing.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > It's not for you to tell me what to do in my spare time thank you. I've been a simmer since the sims 1, I want to see this game improve. I want to see the devs prove me wrong (if possible). You do not get to tell me what to do. This forum is for simmers, criticising the sims is not against the rules nor is there a rule that states you can only post super happy comments.
    > >
    > > When a topic like this is created, it invites feedback, sometimes that feedback is not always "oh my god the sims 4 is the best ever!" Because this game does need improvements, it's great you don't think so and are completely satisfied but that is very unusual even the more passionate sims 4 fans agree with my earlier comments.
    >
    >
    > Im just trying to help you out. And also make the forums less bothersome for others. If this game is not your cup of tea, then why waste your time and money? Thats not me telling you what to do or cutting you down, its just common sense. Thats what I would do. The Sims 3 and Sims 2 are there for you to play and if they are as amazing of a gaming experience for you as you say they are then it would probably be a lot more fun for you to focus your time on those games instead.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So having an opinion that isn't super positive about the sims 4 makes the forum bothersome?
    >
    > I have stated my reasons, I don't have to explain myself to anyone. This is going off topic. I stand by my first comment and I'm not sorry if that offends you. It's how I feel about the game and as someone who has paid money for this game I do have a right to express my opinion on what constitutes a finished product.

No one is taking any rights from you. Im just sharing my thoughts just like you. Im totally unoffended. I apologize and dont know how you got that impression. Im just puzzled I guess. Whether or not somebody else enjoys the Sims 4 has no bearing on how much I enjoy it. For me thats a bit weird. That would be like me not liking Pizza or Ice-cream , because somewhere out there is somebody who doesnt enjoy yummy snacks. No way :D

You don't have to apologize. I just don't like being told "go and play something else" I apologise if i have come across wrongly.

Don't get me wrong, that is the logical thing to do of course. But I do like the sims 4. I want it to be better, much better than it currently is. So I don't like the idea of just walking away when there is potential for feedback to given and improvements made.

It's funny because the sims 4 used to be my second favourite sims game. Now it's my least favourite of the four. I still play it. But it doesn't grab me the way the previous games do. I think toddlers caught me from throwing in the towel completely but when I play there are certain elements that kill the game for me like I mentioned and I can only hope we will see improvements in those areas but I also have to be realistic and say "this is the game, take it or leave it"

I'm lucky I have the sims 1-3 installed so I can and do play those when I want to. If I truely hated the sims 4, I wouldn't be here.