Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your favorite builders?

KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
I've recently started the task of rebuilding all of my worlds from scratch. The problem is, the gallery completely sucks. Everything in "Most Popular" is extremely dated, "Popular Now" doesn't show nearly enough (And what about builds that used to be popular, but never achieved "Most Popular" status because they haven't been around as long as those builds? Don't get to see those at all.). And needless to say, "Newest" has hardly any gems in it.

As such, I would love to hear some of your favorite builders, so I can see some nice builds. The kind of builders who make lots that when you look at them, both exterior and interior, you can tell that real time and effort went into the build. I rarely use the gallery and never got the chance to find excellent builders and follow their work so I'm so afraid that I'm missing the work of so many builders just because the gallery sucks. I'm looking for all different kinds of lots so style really doesn't matter. I know there is a build section on here, but I'm sure plenty of incredibly builders do not visit the forums.

I have all the packs so even better if the builders you list don't build stuff that's base game only.

Comments

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Some of my favorite creations come from these people:
    -Deligracy
    -The Sim Supply
    -Andrew Arcade
    -Simproved

They all have YouTube channels with speed builds on them if you want to watch them build in action. (:
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,741 Member
    DutchSimsMaster
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    CorianderBlueCorianderBlue Posts: 16 Member
    EVERYTHING in most popular is dated??? Everything?
  • Options
    EVERYTHING in most popular is dated??? Everything?

pretty much.
  • Options
    Have you seen any homes by Hatsy? Origin ID is "HatsyYT"? I have a couple of her houses in my gallery.

Sophsimss is really good. I dowloaded quite a few of hers,

"Simlicy" is another talented one. I build houses too, but Im not sure if I would be your style since you dont like anything on the gallery so far. Lol.
  • Options
    ElainaElaina Posts: 80 Member
    edited July 2017
    Are you looking for specific types of builds? Do you like traditional homes or modern ones?

I'm probably not as good as most of the popular builders, but if you want to take a look my ID is Eemvee. Constructive criticism is very much welcomed as well. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Have you seen any homes by Hatsy? Origin ID is "HatsyYT"? I have a couple of her houses in my gallery.

Sophsimss is really good. I dowloaded quite a few of hers,

"Simlicy" is another talented one. I build houses too, but Im not sure if I would be your style since you dont like anything on the gallery so far. Lol.

Thank you for the suggestions, I will check them out.

Also, I didn't say I didn't like anything that was in there. When I said "outdated", what I mean is that for example, if you are looking for a night club and select "Most Popular", you'll find a lot of nightclubs made from a long time ago that don't even use assets from Get Together like the dj booth and dance floors and all that. They're all very nice builds (that's why they're popular), and that's great for people who don't have the pack, but those of us who do would probably like to see nightclubs which make use of all that stuff, you know?
  • Options
    Elaina wrote: »
    Are you looking for specific types of builds? Do you like traditional homes or modern ones?

I'm probably not as good as most of the popular builders, but if you want to take a look my ID is Eemvee. Constructive criticism is very much welcomed as well. :)

I'm looking for all kinds of lots. I'll be working with different themes for each world.. the hope is to have newcrest be modern, while willow creek is traditional, etc, so every kind of style works.

Your lots look lovely, I'm particularly fond of the vampire lot, I'll likely be using that one for my Forgotten Hollow :)
  • Options
    ElainaElaina Posts: 80 Member
    Karallyne wrote: »
    Elaina wrote: »

I'm looking for all kinds of lots. I'll be working with different themes for each world.. the hope is to have newcrest be modern, while willow creek is traditional, etc, so every kind of style works.

Your lots look lovely, I'm particularly fond of the vampire lot, I'll likely be using that one for my Forgotten Hollow :)

Thank you! :) I really enjoy builds. Probably more than actually playing the game at this point. The search system in the gallery is an odd one. I can never find what I'm looking for, and if you're not a well known twitch streamer or YouTube then all your stuff just gets lost in the jumble.
  • Options
    Right now I am working on a red, classical romantic house, it's not overly modern though :)
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I downloaded a beautiful water park the other day. I forget the correct spelling of the builder, but I will check it out when I go back in game.
  • Options
    Wait...have you actually checked out the builders threads in the sims 4 lots section? or....
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I think they should include a feature to search by packs used, too. Be able to check off the packs you'd like included in your search. It cant be really that difficult since the gallery already tsgs builds with packs used in a build.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
    LoveSimplySim. Her houses are amazing!
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't know about favourite but those crazy complex builds that have hundreds of thousands of downloads - *mind blown* I don't know how they do it.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Babysquare , usually those are the popular builders because they have a youtube or social media following. But there are a lot of not so known builders on the gallery who do nice work .
  • Options
    Babysquare , usually those are the popular builders because they have a youtube or social media following. But there are a lot of not so known builders on the gallery who do nice work .

Ah I see, thanks.

Still those crazy complicated builds really are amazing. I have neither the talent nor the time to make stuff like that.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    HatsyYT <3
    Simproved
    DevonBumpkin
    Ritpit01
    Cayrees
    VetroRetro
    irrelephant7
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    Wait...have you actually checked out the builders threads in the sims 4 lots section? or....

I have. There were several nice builds and I have even used a few. But as I mentioned, it's nice to hear about builders who don't post on the forums, as there are many of them.

Also thank you to everyone who has suggested builders to me, I'm greatly looking forward to checking them out :), would love to see even more if anyone else has suggestions (i need a lotttt of lots ;x)
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    HatsyYT <3
    Simproved
    DevonBumpkin
    Ritpit01
    Cayrees
    VetroRetro
    irrelephant7

I love hatsy's builds, never seen a YT video of theirs, but I've happened to have used several of their lots for my worlds :)
    thank you for all the suggestions, I can't wait to check these people out!
  • Options
    > @BabySquare said:
    > CorianderBlue wrote: »
    >
    > Babysquare , usually those are the popular builders because they have a youtube or social media following. But there are a lot of not so known builders on the gallery who do nice work .
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Ah I see, thanks.
    >
    > Still those crazy complicated builds really are amazing. I have neither the talent nor the time to make stuff like that.

Yeah, its pretty cool what you can do in the game. I would say it take imagination, more than talent. Creativity per se. With practice you could become as creative as any builder.
  • Options
    > @BabySquare said:
    > CorianderBlue wrote: »
    >
    > Babysquare , usually those are the popular builders because they have a youtube or social media following. But there are a lot of not so known builders on the gallery who do nice work .
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Ah I see, thanks.
    >
    > Still those crazy complicated builds really are amazing. I have neither the talent nor the time to make stuff like that.

Yeah, its pretty cool what you can do in the game. I would say it take imagination, more than talent. Creativity per se. With practice you could become as creative as any builder.

Well I don't know.

Trouble with that is that I don't have the time plus I tend to prefer more realistic builds - I tend to build lots based on places I've seen IRL.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited July 2017
    I posted pics of a cc free water pack here

It's called Charly's Water Park on the gallery. By Miley0205, original by sakuraleon. Sakuraleon has really nice lots, all different kinds, if you want to check out their stuff.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited July 2017
    Kaleidow she is great :)
    HatsyYT is awesome as well
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    XUrbanSimsX
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641