Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How about more vacation worlds ?

I was thinking about this since outdoor retreat .How would like an expansion that has five vacation worlds? Like one with a beach that has a holy wood vibe .Others that have more a different part of the world vibe?Another idea more game packs that sell vacation worlds.

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm sure we'll get a new vacation pack sooner or later, but I imagine that it will have one location like Outdoor Retreat. A lot of people are requesting a beach vacation, so we'll see.
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Something like Granite Falls, but more "beachy" would be fun. I like that @Dannydanbo !
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    LOL ... it thought I said a naughty word. I said beach with a y at the end.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    Beach vacation - but also with the ability to live there, restaurants, etc. I would like a very tropical area, beaches, waterfalls...maybe a volcano.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    We are long overdue for another vacation destination. Long overdue. Granite Falls has been sitting by it's lonesome on the other worlds page since 2015.
  • Options
    ElainaElaina Posts: 80 Member
    A tropical vacation area is definitely something that needs to happen. Not everyone likes to "rough it" in a tent in the woods. I don't think I've ever personally taken a vacation like that. I have been to Florida and Bermuda, though. And I would love to be able to recreate something like that for my sims.
  • Options
    It's not a "vacation" if you can live there. An island type World might work for that.

But I personally would like to see a vacation spot like it Outdoors Retreat. In that one you can visit the hermit. Allow someone to visit in this one... perhaps a mermaid (or merman).
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    I would really like to see a mountain vacation world like maybe a Swiss Village style. I want to have snowboarding back and I'd love to see skiing, snowshoeing and maybe even dog sledding if the rumors are true.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    lol realistically, the sims team will never give us 5 worlds at the same time. The most I expect is 3 hopefully a snowy type mountainous world, a beach world and maybe a desert cliffs
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    @Trimoth said:
    lol realistically, the sims team will never give us 5 worlds at the same time. The most I expect is 3 hopefully a snowy type mountainous world, a beach world and maybe a desert cliffs

Couldn't they actually put that in ONE world? Assuming it's a world to live in, not vacation in. Three neighborhoods: Snowy/Mountains with snowcaps, beach/desert cliffs world, then for the third something swampy looking.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Cruising vacation please! Sims will be able to visit different places only available via the cruise ship at different times (a tropical beach could be one of them, since a lot of people including me want one too), but majority of the day they'll just be on the ship where there's plenty of activities they can do, enjoy some nice scenery, and have a chance to get uncomfortable from getting seasick :p
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Like the cruise idea, preferably on a real ship, not the top-heavy floating barns they build nowadays. Add have chance to be hero(ine) if there is some sort of misfortune. Other destination types (mentioned in a different topic): Asia, mountains, Europe (northern & southern - Italy is a lot different than Germany), Middle East, the Wild West.
  • Options
    John_SalonicaJohn_Salonica Posts: 353 Member
    I love vacation packs in the sims games! I personally want to see a beach in the sims 4 that sims can swim in the ocean.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Eirhart wrote: »
    Cruising vacation please! Sims will be able to visit different places only available via the cruise ship at different times (a tropical beach could be one of them, since a lot of people including me want one too), but majority of the day they'll just be on the ship where there's plenty of activities they can do, enjoy some nice scenery, and have a chance to get uncomfortable from getting seasick :p

10000 x's Yes!
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    determigdetermig Posts: 75 Member
    No matter which vacation destination they add I hope they introduce a system that allow sims to learn and take it with them home. I loved how it worked out in Sims 2 Bon Voyage. Travel to a place, learn their culture and teach your neighboors different songs, dance etc. I was disappointed Outdoor Retreat didn't have any impact and that there was no goal to set for the vacation.

Location-wise I hope for a far eastern destination. I was in love with material arts in World Adventure! :smile:
  • Options
    TrivagomichTrivagomich Posts: 2 New Member
    I would really love some more vacation worlds. I love tropical themes. Maybe with a expansion pack so it could have been something like TS2 castaway or something like the sims2 cast away meeting TS2 Bon voyage. I love story mode, please bring it back! And this is something I'm missing when playing TS4. A tropical theme and story mode would be amazing and of course then have a expansion with pets also so the animals in that package can be own be regulars households
  • Options
    PurplebutterflyPurplebutterfly Posts: 158 Member
    edited June 2017
    I would really love to see a vacation expansion pack, similar to the Sims 2 Bon Voyage pack. I am particularly eager to take my sims on a beach vacation, I really hope this is in development, it's been two years and we only have one vacation location, really hoping another would be released including the ‘swim in the ocean’ interaction. Pretty please EA, give us BEACHES! <3
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Eirhart wrote: »

Yes Yes and Yes...part of the activities could be a boat ride that would be attached to the ship while it's moving or a skydiving platform attached on top of the ship that would raise a sim high to skydive while the ship is moving or a big inbuilt aquarium in the ship where Sims can scuba dive..so so many options and activities
  • Options
    While the ship is moving is not a good idea. At anything other than a dead crawl a large ship produces considerable turbulence in the water it passes through. This would most likely tip the boat ride boats over or at least enough for sims to land in the water. Once this happens they are now in a good position for the unpleasant experience of being drawn into the ship's propellers. Same goes for the skydivers. Thinking of safety here, not to mention the prohibitively expensive insurance liability.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Yes, please! Vacation was one of my favorite aspects of TS2. Would love to have the ability to own vacation homes, again.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    ashaifeashaife Posts: 42 Member
    Yeah, I would really love an island/beach style vacation. With a central little city area, and then sparse beach areas, maybe a little peninsula with a couple of beach house lots and a dock lot for a nice party/bar lot.

I'd actually like a beach world first, but a cozy snow themed one would be cool, too. Also, would really love a European vacation one, like France and Italy. Of course the Asian inspired ones have always been fun, too.

I know they've always clustered these into one pack, but I'd really love to see separate packs for them that are really well fleshed out, you know?
  • Options
    While the ship is moving is not a good idea. At anything other than a dead crawl a large ship produces considerable turbulence in the water it passes through. This would most likely tip the boat ride boats over or at least enough for sims to land in the water. Once this happens they are now in a good position for the unpleasant experience of being drawn into the ship's propellers. Same goes for the skydivers. Thinking of safety here, not to mention the prohibitively expensive insurance liability.

I'm trying to understand what you're saying but this is what I meant..
    phpqgg9rg.jpg
    images-37.jpeg
    The Sims is just a game I don't even think the Sims are smart enough to understand insurance liability. Plus that's is a real life ship cruise and it's very safe
  • Options
    My apologies. I understood your post to mean boats being towed by the ship and jumping off the ship into surrounding water. The last ocean liner I was on was the Queen Mary, which is a whole other world from what is being produced today. I would rather sail on Titanic (minus iceberg collision) than the modern ships.
  • Options
    My apologies. I understood your post to mean boats being towed by the ship and jumping off the ship into surrounding water. The last ocean liner I was on was the Queen Mary, which is a whole other world from what is being produced today. I would rather sail on Titanic (minus iceberg collision) than the modern ships.

No worries. It's all good
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes please Maxis. I especially want a Tropical Location but also an Alpine Snowy Location.