Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gameplay experiment: Homeless toddler

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    Is there a reason I can't see your photos? :/ Is it on my end? The photo being shown says 3rd party hosting has been temporarily disabled..
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    all of your photos are gone! there is an error message from photobucket :'(
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    @Aeriexo11 @ambrown
    Yes, that's an issue with free accounts for some time now. I'm still not 100% sure whether linking outside photobucket is disabled period or if I'm just out of monthly bandwith allotment. That's why I'm waiting for july to see whether the bandwidth refreshes or not.
    Worst case scenario I'll move all of the photos into the integrated album and post the new links.

@ all
    Is imgur a good alternative for free picture hosting?
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    @EnkiSchmidt I don't use imgur myself. I heard it can be kind of finicky sometimes. I do see a few people recommending tinypic tho.
  • Options
    ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    yes i use tiny pic and it works really well!
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Options
    @EnkiSchmidt if you haven't seen this already. This is why your pics aren't showing up anymore. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920861/well-this-most-certainly-stinks#latest
  • Options
    Yes, they deigned sending me an e-mail about the changed TOU like five hours ago. (At least when imageshack did the same a few years ago they gave us an advance warning.) I'm still wondering why the placeholder image says 3rd party hosting was "temporarily" locked when they meant "period" instead. Temporarily suggests that it is something that the provider will solve without me having to take an action. Like, free accounts run on a bandwidh allotment while payaccounts get unlimited usage.

Ah, what gives, can't apply language logic to business/marketing speech logic, lol. On to re-shuffling photos.
  • Options
    Or temporarily, as in only temporary, if you cough up $400. Me, I think it's terrible they are wanting such a price. I mean come on, most people don't have that kind of money to spend on forum threads, to show a few pics every now and then. Yes, I know there are people who do make money off posting pics on sites and stuff, but the bulk don't.
    Anyway. . .
    Hope you can find another hosting site, or if you continue to make the albums, that's fine with me. I like the look of it myself.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Hereby I introduce:
    - 7 HOMELESS TODDLERS -

7toddlersfqj6x.jpg

Backstory is simple this time: Oakenstead private orphanage has a critter problem. The house cannot be used for a week while the exterminators are at work. To raise awareness (and funds), the orphanage keeper has decided to tour the Windenburg Bay during these seven days.

The poor sims now hate me, I'm afraid. They are my orphanage kids and fully expected to get aged up soon, not the other way around all the way down to toddlers again, lol.

Akito, Christina, Maurice, Karim and Sophie started out as random townies. Karim normally has alien eyes, but they do not show up at this lifestage. Billie is premade Billie Jang and Walarich is the Bheeda baby.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    7 (homeless) Toddlers Challenge, Day 1

Day one of a challenge is always the easiest. With all the need bars filled up to the brim and the sims starting out in the same place it lulls you into a false sense of security.

Except... if you are a rotational player and played other households in between creating the challenge household and actually starting to play it. In this case expect randomly lowered needs, half of the toddlers being in the process of soiling their diapers before you can do anything about it and, oh, you can be lucky if the litle critters are all on the same lot. Nevermind your caretaker has to introduce herself to half of them.

This was the situation poor Olive Spencer-Kim-Lewis was thrown into. Her first instinct was:
    Out! Out of here!
    But the young woman had been orphaned herself at the age of ten and no matter what, she would not leave the little ones to someone else's care. To clear the head, she took them all to the park.

Another thing that helps along the mood is food, whether you are hungry or not. Since hunger is the only real danger in this challenge, cooking around the clock is advised. If we feed the tots at every opportunity we should be fine, right?

Sooo, what's the least difficult food to digest from those available at a public grill? I honestly have no idea and neither had Olive. (Myself I used to eat wasn't back into the trees at the count of three.) But fruit sounded healthy, so fruit it was.

26.08.17_03-01-09khsm0.jpg

When the meal was ready the fun began. The toddlers, half of them still heavy with full diapers, grabbed their servings and then scattered all over the place with their 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Two dropped their plates, Walarich into the fountain and Sophie under a park bench.
    (This is because the climb-bench animation can fail for a zero movement skill toddler. And if that happens the plate they carried in their hands disappears. I say they should get a sad moddlet for this!)

Billie and Christina had made it into a particularly posh looking building. The cushions! The curtains! The light! This had to be a princess' castle!

26.08.17_03-04-556es3i.jpg

Sorry to burst your bubbles, girls, but it's the public Johns.

And Prince John's castle was a good place to get some early potty training in.
    Olive was adamant about that:

26.08.17_03-11-59brso4.jpg

Sophie already rued having come here. If this was a royal castle, she'd just landed in the torture chamber:

26.08.17_03-12-252fspa.jpg

It didn't help that I moved the other children over to have them all in one place.

Karim: "Eeeee, what are you doing?! That's GROSS! Tell her to stopp that, auntie Olive!!!"

26.08.17_03-14-280ns6v.jpg

He was already acting like an adult did when walking in on someone in the bathroom, lol.

See, Sophie, this is how the icky stuff is handled properly!

26.08.17_03-16-536gscd.jpg

Next to tackle was fun. Someone had left a portable stereo in the park that the little ones swarmed.

Note the two teens in the background! The left is premade Darren "Darling" Walsh, the right my own Stella Clover (the half-sister of Wyatt from Karl's tale). While Stella obviously found the toddlers adoreable and babbled together with them in baby-talk, Darren sat next to her, suffering through it all with a face that could have curled milk, probably in the hopes of scoring some favour with Stella if he pretended to find the colorful, swinging mess cute, too.

26.08.17_03-22-188xs29.jpg

In between Olive had to grill two more times and the tots had to break their dancing for naps on the conveniently pre-placed benches.

Karim became my favourite quickly. Technically his trait was fussy, but he acted more like an independant toddler. While the rest was already getting whiny again, he was still going strong.

See me, Olive? I'm with the big kids! Don't you dare mess with me!

26.08.17_03-37-11v9si2.jpg

By this time Olive had already insisted the children put on their outdoors jumpers, each in their favourite color based on how the game had spawned them.

Auntie filled her pockets with apples so that the children would have quick snacks tomorrow.

26.08.17_03-46-107tsa8.jpg

And then everyone went to sleep. If I thought Karl sleeping on the bench in San Myshuno was both the saddest and cutest thing, this took it to
    eleven.

On the upside, it's just for a week.

26.08.17_03-47-53ydsbs.jpg

Karim: "It's cold..."
    Christina: "No! It's an adventure!"
    Sophie: "It can be cold AND an adventure."
    Everyone else: (stunned and condescending silence at this comment)

My plan is to take the group to another venue each day to raise awareness and funds for the orphanage.
    Next up will be the playground for some skilling, then the difficulty will increase.